Monday, February 3, 2014

Mindless Monday, Strawberry Chocolate Muffins, Apple Raisin Muffins, Pinterest Stuff

Good Monday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - I'm posting an oldie this morning... Just because!

Things I've Learned While Raising Teens... A Humbling Experience

How to NOT Embarrass Your Teen - I'm still learning regarding this topic, Folks, but I'm willing to share what little knowledge I have gained over the past few years.

How to NOT Embarrass Austin - Austin wasn't really a problem. He still yelled at me and waved when he saw me unexpectedly. He still came up and hugged me in public. His friends came up and spoke to me. If the Big Gold Van drove past the high school, a line of teenage boys stood side-by-side and saluted.

I had heard about how embarrassed teenagers were of their parents, but it didn't seem to apply to me... and I assumed it was because I regularly fed Austin and his friends.

If you feed them, they will come.

How to NOT Embarrass Josh - Josh was much like Austin. I didn't approach him, but he didn't seem to have any problem approaching me, talking to me, putting an arm around my shoulders. Sometimes he even sat beside me in public.

I had heard about how embarrassed teenagers were of their parents, but it didn't seem to apply to me... and I assumed it was because I was super cool and hip.

How to NOT Embarrass Roxie - This is the one I'm still trying to figure out... and I'm failing miserably as I type this.

I have found the following can and will embarrass and totally humiliate your teenage chick:

1. Breathing.

2. Wearing a Tigger sweatshirt in public.

3. Wearing loafers with sweat pants even though you are NOT getting out of the car, and you're coming home to put on your sneakers and the rest of your exercise clothes after you drop her off.

4. Waving at someone you know in a passing car.

5. Not waving at someone you know in a passing car.

6. Singing with the radio.

7. Wearing sunglasses with one missing earpiece.

8. Blowing kisses during a basketball game.

9. Cheering too loudly at a basketball game.

10. Not cheering enough at a basketball game.

11. Kissing your husband (her father) in the kitchen.

12. Kissing your husband (her father) in public.

13. Holding hands with your husband (her father) in private or public.

14. Ordering fried dill pickles.

15. Breathing.

This list is much, much longer, but I have other things to do today.

I am assured by mothers of 20-something chicks this is yet another "phase." I take a great deal of comfort in that fact. But until then, I am still learning.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Basketball will take center stage this week. We are playing Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday!

Because Friday is going to be a HUGE basketball pic day on the blog, there will be no basketball photos posted today.

You're welcome.

RANDOMNESS #3 - From ice to nice... in just two or three days!

Copper enjoyed a spring-like day (and stick) in the backyard Saturday.



RANDOMNESS #4 - We had Breakfast for Sunday Lunch at Grandmother's yesterday.

I made new-to-me recipes of muffins and cheese grits.

The muffin recipes are listed below, and they are GOOD!

I'll share the grits recipe Friday.

Should that be "grits" or "grit" recipe?

I could GOOGLE it, but I'll just let you pick your favorite.

After lunch, Grandmother and all the grandkids and grandkids-to-be went on a walk. We're training for MotherWalk 2014 in May!


Roxie and Mikie... Pre-walk.


Austin and Melia... Also, pre-walk.


Katie and Roxie.


Eight grandkids and grandkids-to-be... walking with Grandmother.


Obviously, Roxie didn't get the memo about the walk. It would seem her boots weren't made for walking.

Josh and Roxie... post walk.

Strawberry Chocolate Muffins

You will need the following:

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1 egg white, beaten
2/3 cup diced strawberries
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.

2. In a large bowl, gently toss the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.

3. In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar and applesauce together until no brown sugar lumps remain.

4. Add the beaten egg white until fully incorporated. Add the wet ingredients to the dry until combined. Do not overmix.

5. Fold in the strawberries and chocolate chips.

6. Divide the batter evenly between 10 muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Muffins will be lightly golden in color and a toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.

Apple Raising Muffins

You will need the following:

2 packages Martha White Apple Cinnamon Muffin Mix
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons applesauce
1 cup golden raisins

1. Follow cooking directions on the back of the package.

NOTE - The addition of raisins and applesauce make these muffins very moist. I cannot be the only one who doesn't like a dry muffin!

Pinterest Stuff

Valentine's Day Blog Linkage - Go to www.thediyvillage.com and scroll down to the January 28 post entitled "All Things Creative - Valentine Edition." If you are looking for a new Valentine's Day idea, I think you'll be able to find it on this blog!

Have a fantastic Monday. I'll be back Friday with just a little more basketball (the season is almost over), another new-to-me recipe and pics galore.

Take care, and I'll talk to you the end of the week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter