Friday, November 1, 2013

Weekend Happenings, Quotable Quotes, Prayer Sticks and 3 Autumn Activities for Kids (Pinterest)

Good Friday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - We had our Annual Chick Pumpkin Carving Party Monday night.


The table set-up was exactly the same as Sunday night when Hunter and Roxie carved a couple of gourds... I just added more tables and chairs.


I know they are 16 and 17 years of age, but it still gives me the chills to hand over large kitchen knives to the girls.



Kendall won "Most Improved Pumpkin Carving Skills" this year. I really liked her "BOO."


Ally, Ciara, Kendall, Roxie and Ragan... not quite ready to have their picture taken.



Kendall's pumpkin... Roxie's pumpkin... Ragan's pumpkin.

Fun was had by all, but next year it has been requested we go back to painting or bedazzling the pumpkins.

I have no problem with that at all!

RANDOMNESS #2 - I just want to share some Fall with y'all!


This tree in our backyard is a joy because it has EVERY leaf color known to man... all at the same time. Green, yellow, orange, red, brown and burgundy.

I love having a tree that is an over-achiever!




RANDOMNESS #3 - Mikie came home from Dallas Wednesday night, and I was thrilled, I tell you. Thrilled!

He isn't the picture taker of the family, but when he goes somewhere without me, he does a pretty good job documenting the architecture, the weird and the unsettling in a new town.


This was unsettling to me... A giant eyeball with a park being built around it in downtown Dallas.


This was weird (but cool) to me... Statue cattle going through a creek in the middle of downtown Dallas.


And this is the only picture I have of Mikie in Dallas.

And I guess I should be thankful.

RANDOMNESS #4 - Matters of the Heart - I wrote this November 2, 2010... and I decided to share it ONE MORE TIME because a new topic fails me today!

There are many kinds of "hearts." There are light hearts, glad hearts, hard hearts, broken hearts, compassionate hearts and tender hearts just to name a few. But the older I become, and what I've noticed in talking with other women, is how many of us walk around with heavy hearts.

The source of the heaviness can come from loss, illness, disappointments or heartache over another's pain. The situations which cause a heart to be heavy can appear to be endless... and they seem to be coming at us faster and faster and faster.

I believe the term "heavy heart" is also very, very accurate, because walking around with this kind of heart can be physically, emotionally and spiritually exhausting.

I am so thankful a heavy heart doesn't have to last forever... although at the time you are experiencing this type of "heart moment" it seems as though it will never end.

For all my friends who are heavy-hearted today, Tuesday, November 2, 2010, I will share these verses with you.

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My load is light." Matthew 11:28-30.

At this very moment, I do not have a heavy heart. However, that could change in a "heartbeat." I will not take this moment for granted... but I will not forget those who are hurting and carrying the heavy heart today.

As always, this is a reminder for myself and others to reach out to people with a kind word or deed. It's fine to pray for someone who is going through a "heavy heart" moment, but try to follow up with "word and deed." NEVER get too busy for the "word and deed" part. (The "word and deed" part is one of the biggies!)

Quotable Quotes - One of my best features/characteristics is my ability to sleep anywhere/anyhow/anyway.

God made me special that way.

I tend to be drawn to quotes regarding rest, peace and sleep... and I really liked this one.

"Fear can keep us up all night long, but faith makes one fine pillow." Anonymous

Prayer Sticks

A Prayer Stick is a popsicle stick with a picture of a family member or friend glued to the top. Put the sticks in a decorated can or jar, and have each person pick a stick. Go around the room praying for that person and saying why you are thankful for him/her.

I may add this to our already set-in-stone Thanksgiving traditions for this coming year.

"New-to-Me" Autumn Activities for Kids

1. Grow some fall herbs. Start a fall herb windowsill “garden” each September.

2. Make a pumpkin pie with your kids. Have extra filling? Add it to a smoothie with some yogurt. (We make the pumpkin pie, but I've never done the smoothie "thang." The Boy/The Man LOVES smoothies.)

3. Stuff old clothes to create a scarecrow for your front yard. You can use it as a Thanksgiving decoration.

Weekend Happenings - Okay. Hold on, because it's going to be a super-busy Fall weekend.

1. Mikie is going to his 35th High School Reunion (Part One) tonight. He and his classmates are going to tailgate and attend the Oxford High School Football game. My BSFFMTMBFF (Best Spouse Friend Forever Married to Mike's Best Friend Forever) isn't going to tonight's event, so I am not going either.

Mikie's BFF is Billy. Billy is married to Suzanne. Billy belongs to Mikie... Suzanne belongs to me!

2. Roxie has plans tonight with a friend.

3. Austin and The Lovely Melia are having their weekly Friday Day Date.

4. Austin and Josh may be going to a movie tonight.

5. And I, The Enchanting Belinda, am "plan free."

6. During the day Saturday, I will be getting ready for The Fall Feast which will be held at our home after church Sunday. There will be Wheelbarrow Races, Apple Bobbin', Pumpkin Races, Punkin' Chunkin' and Flag Football.

And, of course, I will be serving chili and soup in bread bowls.

7. Saturday night, Mikie and I will be attending Part Two of his 35th High School Reunion Celebration. We're going to a barn, having dinner, sitting around a bonfire, telling high school stores, etc., etc.

I will be sitting with my BSFFMTMBFF, Suzanne, having a lovely time!

8. As mentioned above, The Fall Feast will be held Sunday afternoon, and fun will be had by everyone... or else.

I hope you and yours have a magnificent Fall weekend. I'll be back Monday with pics from the Reunion, pics from The Fall Feast, Blog Linkage and maybe a fantastic hot chocolate recipe... or two.

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter