Monday, November 11, 2013

Mindless Monday, Blog Linkage

Good Monday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - In many ways, the weekend went exactly how I had envisioned, and in other ways... not so much.

1. I did go to Christmas Village with Bev, but I took no pictures.

Did you know there are anti-picture-taking events, and Christmas Village is now one of them?

Of course, I know they do this so people won't come in, take a picture of a craft and then go home and create it for themselves.

But as for me and my camera, I take pictures for fun. Even if I did TRY to copy a craft, I would probably be unable to display it, wear it or give it as a gift.

I'm a pretty safe bet as far as craft copying goes, but there were signs everywhere and a man's voice over a loudspeaker kept telling people (me) to put our cameras away.

Thus, no Christmas Village pics.

2. Mike and I did go on a little, bitty date, but no food or movie was involved, so how much fun was it really?

3. I did go the Baby Shower and just soaked in all of the baby goodness. We were asked to bring a book for the baby's library instead of a card, and I chose Charlotte's Web. One of my favorites.

And I was glad I picked a third-grade book because it was the only copy on the gift table... and that was really important to me!

4. I didn't make hot chocolate even though the weather could not have been better for a warm beverage.

5. I didn't take pictures of Sparkle even though the weather could not have been better for beagle-picture-takin'.

6. And I saw the new Billy Graham movie. Definitely one of the best parts of my weekend.

RANDOMNESS #2 - My little, bitty date with Mike was actually our second Fun Fall Drive of the season. We had exactly 45 minutes between Baby Shower and Bible Study prep, so instead of heading to Mt. Laurel (my original plan), we just drove up Highway 31 and turned off onto a road ten minutes north of The Dale.

"Okay. Let's make this fun... since there is no food or movie involved," I told Mike.

"What would that mean?" Mikie stopped agreeing with whatever I said 24 years ago out of necessity. Now, he asks for multiple details before he will agree.

He is a wise, wise man.

"We need to find a creek, a bright red tree, a bright orange tree, a bright yellow tree... and horses. No cows. Just horses," I rattled off a list.

Believe it or not, the only thing we couldn't find was the creek. (We found four ponds, but I wouldn't let those count.)

Oh, and a donkey. It was too dark to get a picture of the donkey, but we know where he lives now, so I may be making a "take-a-pic-of-a-donkey" trip sometime this week.













Next week, I think the list is going to include goats...

And maybe ducks...

And maybe Mikie jumping in a big pile of leaves.

Blog Linkage

1. Go to The Dating Divas under My Blog List and read today's post entitled "65 Fabulous Winter Date Ideas." Some are tried and true, but some are new. Check them out!

2. Go to "the anderson crew" under My Blog List and read today's post entitled "the best day of milo's life... again." Milo likes car racing. A lot. Great pictures of a happy boy.

Have a grand day. I'll be back Friday with a couple of Thanksgiving traditions and perhaps a recipe or two. (I need to start cooking!)

Take care, and I'll talk to you the end of the week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

3 comments:

  1. Love all the photos. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Belinda you just make me laugh. I loved your part about the date being not so much since neither food nor a movie was involved. Looking forward to reading about Thanksgiving traditions....I have no clue what to do this year. Two teens and me and my man is away this whole month playing soldier. Can't wait 'til Friday!!! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to think of something special for you and yours, Andrea.

      Delete

Site Meter