Friday, November 8, 2013

Weekend Happenings, Blog Linkage, Quotable Quotes, Tweaking the Christmas Puzzle Table Tradition

Good Friday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - First things first, The Boy/The Man and The Lovely Melia got engaged Wednesday night.

I know. It's shocking, isn't it?

No one saw it coming!

Once again, I'll let the pics do the talking.


Austin had ordered the ring weeks ago, but when he talked to the store Tuesday and they told him, "It's here," he wanted to propose right away... which meant Wednesday night... which also meant on Melia's 22nd birthday.

That's right.

Everything fell on the same date, as everything tends to do.

I spent a little time Wednesday running to Party City and Dreamcakes (Melia's favorite) to pick up some celebratory items for the "after engagement" event.

The Fall decoration theme means nothing except he proposed to her in the Fall, and they have set the date of the wedding for the Fall. (And I love Fall. Let's not forget that one!)


The cupcakes were actually more of a "birthday" thing than an "engagement celebration" thing.

However, I will say once I knew about the proposal, I only bought cupcakes which looked pretty with the Fall spectrum of colors.

Sadly, that meant no hot pink strawberry cupcake for Mikie.


I thought the Turtle cupcake blended well...


As well as the Pecan Pie cupcake. (How cute is the Fall leaf on that cupcake?)


Of course, Wedding Cake cupcakes go with anything and everything.


For a final touch, we had non-alcoholic Sparkling Grape Juice.

And guess what? It's a great drink in November AND on New Year's Eve.

Who knew?


Melia's family and our family were all going to meet at the house after the proposal. Austin and Melia called everyone seconds after it happened.

And Roxie was the first to arrive home from church.

This picture is a blur because Wednesday evening was kind of a blur.

It was kind of a loud, squealing blur.


Austin was just a tad more calm than Melia, and as he usually does when he walks through the door, he headed to the refrigerator.


Austin, Roxie and Melia.


It's a bling thing.

The ring is really pretty. Austin picked it out using Melia's description of her ideal engagement ring, and he did a really good job.


Lisa, Payton, Melia, Tim and Austin. Melia's guys have always been so good to Austin. I think this engagement/marriage thing is going to work out really well all around.


Just Austin and Melia.


Josh, Roxie, Austin and Melia. Josh didn't have much notice, and at first he didn't think he would be able to take off work to come to the festivities. Thankfully, he was able to take off an hour early and he was only 15 minutes late.


I'm not certain, but I think Melia probably held her hand this way ALL day Thursday. (I may be wrong, but I bet I'm not!)


Mike, Austin, Melia and Me!

They have set the date. They will wed October 25, 2014 which I am sure will be a perfect day, because October 25 in any weather is a perfect day.

Gray and blustery. Perfect.

Gray and drizzly. Perfect.

Sunny and cool. Perfect.

Sunny and breezy. Perfect.

See what I mean? It's going to be a win/win.

I'm not going to tell the Engagement Story, because that is Austin and Melia's to tell. It's a very nice story, so if you happen to see them out and about the next few days, weeks, months, be sure to ask them about it.

I don't think they'll ever tire of telling their story.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Second things second, The Boy/The Man will be moving in a couple of weeks to Jacksonville to pursue some Communication Job Opportunities. He'll be producing for the JSU Men's Basketball games, as well as the Men's Baseball games in the Spring.

He's also transferring to the Oxford Chick-Fil-A so he will not have to travel back and forth in the middle of the week.

He's going to share an apartment with a friend through May, and then we'll see where "things" are at that time.

Melia is accustomed to the "living in Jacksonville" thing... Plus, the Chick is going to be super busy finishing up her final year of college, getting ready to graduate AND planning an October 25, 2014 wedding.

It's going to be busy, but it's a good kind of busy.

It's a "starting a new, exciting life" kind of busy.

Quotable Quotes - I hope I haven't used this one before, but even if I have, I still like it. A lot!

"Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave." Martin Luther

Blog Linkage

1. Go to "the anderson crew" under My Blog List and read today's post entitled "pumpkins galore." I MUST go to the Dallas Arboretum next October and/or November. I MUST. You'll see why in just a minute.

2. Go to Confessions of a Pioneer Woman under My Blog List and read today's post entitled "A Friday List." I love The Pioneer Woman's lists. They make perfect sense to me.

Tweaking the Christmas Puzzle Table Tradition

Okay. Y'all know I'm a tweaker. Five seconds after something I've planned has happened, I get a list out and start tweaking for "next time."

Do not get this confused with being unable to enjoy the initial event. I enjoy it. I just like to get the kinks out before I try it again.

That being said, the Christmas Puzzle Table has been a tradition in our home for several years now.

I set up a table in the music room the day after Thanksgiving.

I buy a new Christmas puzzle. Something colorful and fun, but not so hard you need an engineering degree to work on it.

Austin, Melia, Mike and I periodically work on the puzzle.

Oh, and Josh. If we actually get to the point where there is only one piece of the puzzle left to place, Josh swoops in and places it.

It is very annoying...

And it causes several of us to be very bitter...

For very long periods of time.

As of this writing, I have been bitter since 2005. (That has got to be some kind of record... even for me.)

This year, I'm tweaking the Christmas Puzzle Table Tradition and instead of working on a puzzle, I'm purchasing THREE Christmas paint-by-number kits.

And not the super-duper easy kits.

The masterpiece kits.

My thought being, "If there are paints, brushes and Christmas music playing softly in the background, they will come."

I'll give you a play-by-play update between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Hopefully, it will be a hit.

Weekend Happenings

1. Roxie is leaving after school to go to the mountains with some friends. In case you didn't know, Auburn is playing this weekend (in the mountains), so she'll be attending the game, also.

2. Austin will be working in Anniston and Jacksonville this weekend.

3. Josh will be returning to The Dale to watch Thor (coming out today), Saturday football and MAYBE going fishing with Mikie Monday (I hope, I hope).

4. I'm going with Bev to Christmas Village Saturday, and if things work out well (and they better), Mikie and I have a date scheduled Saturday evening.

5. Sunday is all about church and lunch and naps.

Oh! And a Baby Shower. I cannot wait.

I'll be honest. I'm living for Sunday right about now.

Have a romantic, fun Fall weekend. I'll be back Monday with pics from Christmas Village, A NEW HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE (I put it in ALL CAPS because I know I'll make it if it is in ALL CAPS), pics of Sparkle (I've been a little remiss in getting attractive shots of my little beagle girl) and more, more, more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY! Even though I dont' know your children personally - they are my 'internet blog extended family' and I (and many others for sure) are delighted at your good news for the children. Blessings to all. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is so sweet. It's going to a very interesting (and probably "not simple") year, but we're all looking forward to growing our family!

      Delete

Site Meter