Monday, November 4, 2013

Mindless Monday and Blog Linkage

Good Monday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Mike's 35th High School Class Reunion was held this weekend.

On Friday night, Mike and his fellow classmates tailgated at the Oxford High School football game... And they did the "get reacquainted" thing.

(I stayed home and did the "stay warm" thing.)

And that was fine, because the big Reunion Event was held on Saturday evening... and it was great.

One of Mike's classmates owns a beautiful barn, and it was decorated inside and out for the Reunion.


That's right. Nineteen hundred and seventy-nine.

Mike and I are older than dirt!


Memorabilia was hanging all over the walls of the barn, and I stumbled across this little gem.


This is just Mikie. Mike truly, truly loved high school, and he looks forward to these reunions.

They make him happy.


This is a pic of Jeff and Billy, two of Mike's good, good friends from high school.

They make him happy, too.


This is Mike and me.

I make him INCREDIBLY happy... ALL THE TIME!

Just ask him... And then tell me what he says!

It really was a good night. I sat with Suzanne, Billy's wife, and caught up on the goings-on of her two kids.

I met Rita, Jeff's wife, and liked her very, very much.

I'm telling you... If you have to go to someone else's high school reunion, Mikie's is the one to attend. There are enough sweet memories and friends to go around.

After the Reunion, Mike and I met Billy, Suzanne, Jeff and Rita at IHOP for a cup of coffee and some quiet conversation (because when you're 52 years-old, quiet conversation is the essential ingredient to a great get-together).

Sad, but true.

Since Mike and I were the ones who had to drive an hour and 15 minutes to "get to the house," we called it an evening around 11:00 or so. Thankfully, a genius planned the Reunion on the night when we get to FALL BACK AN HOUR!

Mike and I needed the extra hour of sleep Saturday night because right after church Sunday morning, we hosted...

RANDOMNESS #2 - The Fall Feast! (How was that for a smooth segue?)

I'll use the pictures to tell the story, and talk about what tweaking was needed for our specific family at the end of this particular Randomness.... Just in case you decide you want to try something like it for your and yours.


Roxie and Austin. This is known as the "game face."

(Not so much scary as it is just a little unattractive.)


Austin, Roxie, Josh. What can I say? We think we are a little better than we actually are.


Katie brought her new pup, Bug. (The reason he looks so tiny is because he IS so tiny!)


Austin, Melia, Brad and Stephanie. The wheelbarrow races were fun. I was worried about Melia and Stephanie, but Austin and Brad were very, very careful.



Josh and Roxie. I should have been more concerned with this team.

Wide open!


Just Josh.


Roxie, Brad, Stephanie and Melia. They look like contestants of "So You Think You Can Dance," don't they?


Zac, Austin and Melia.


Zac, Bear and Bug. (Bear was visiting his brother, Bug, Sunday afternoon, so he came along for the fun.)


Just Brad.


Roxie doing the "Johnny Manziel."


Bobbing for apples is always fun to watch. Brad.


Roxie.


You cannot have a vain bone in your body if you are going to truly be a competitor in the Apple Bobbin' portion of any get-together.


Josh. He was an Apple Bobbin' Machine!


I am not sure what everyone was doing, but they all appeared to be doing something, and that made me happy.


Mike and me. There was no time for lipstick re-application during the festivities. Thus, the "no-lip" look I have in this pic.

Okay. Here are the details...

The menu consisted of Panera Bread's bread bowls (picked up the night before), chicken and rice soup, Tommy's chili, cookies and brownies.

No more, and no less.

That was the menu!

We also had Punkin' Chunkin' AND Pumpkin Rolling contests, but those turned out to be too easy because I wasn't able to find BIG pumpkins after Halloween. If you want to use BIG pumpkins for these two events, you have to pre-purchase them, my friends.

The Wheelbarrow Races, Apple Bobbin' and Flag Football were big hits, but not everyone was able to participate.

To get the participation up to 100 percent next year, Brad and I talked about it and we're going to have an old-fashioned hay ride and bonfire and wienie roast with s'mores and hot chocolate.

Most of the above was his idea. He just wants me to implement.

And for him, I will.

RANDOMNESS #3 - Although the weather was perfect, the new hot chocolate recipe didn't happen. I'm going to try it this week because according to the Weather Channel, things are looking cool and breezy the next few days.

The only thing better than hot chocolate on a cold weekEND night, is a big cup of hot chocolate on a cold weekDAY night!

Blog Linkage - Go to www.kellehampton.com and read today's post entitled "Family Circus Halloween." There are some really cute dress-up ideas for your family NEXT year.

There are some mighty big things coming up in the month of November. Lots of recipes, traditions, linkage, basketball, pics, etc., etc., etc. I just wanted to give you a "head's up" so you will check in regularly.

Take care, and I'll talk to you the end of the week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

3 comments:

Site Meter