Friday, August 9, 2013

Weekend Happenings, Quotable Quotes, Pioneer Woman Spicy Scrambled Eggs, Pioneer Woman Black Pepper Biscuits

Good Friday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Sweet Taylor is moving away to college tomorrow. We are beyond sad, and if buying Roxie a million new comforters and/or shirts with bows sewn on the back would make her smile, I would be shopping right now.

But "new things" will not make her heart happy.

Nope.

It is going to take time, but she'll discover there are friendships in this lifetime which can survive distance... and time... and circumstances.

And I think she has found that kind of friendship at a very early age with Sweet Taylor.

Unfortunately for The Chick, she has not been blessed with the gift of patience... at all... in any size, shape or form.

Unfortunately for me, The Mom, next week is not going to be pleasant... at all... in any size, shape or form.

These pics were taken by the girls last week at the beach...




Just between you and me... I think everything is going to turn out just fine.

RANDOMNESS #2 - In other sad news, Josh is moving out this weekend, too.

In Roxie's words, "Why is everyone leaving me?"

I think she sums it up very well.

When did this guy...





Become old enough to move out on his own?

Can you answer that question for me?

Can you?


My guess... It happened during one of my stupid "blinking" episodes.

I had one a few years ago with The Boy/The Man.


He started out like this.

I blinked.


And this is what happened.

You better believe I've learned my lesson.

No blinking around The Chick.

Ever.

RANDOMNESS #3 - Austin and The Lovely Melia return home this weekend.

This makes me very, very happy.

Incredibly happy.



Quotable Quotes - Guess what? It's from Pinterest.

You have a newborn for a month.
Infant for a year.
Toddler for two years.
Preschooler for two years.
Child for five years.
Preteen for three years.
Teenager for five years.

And then they're off. Take care with what you do in those years. They are few, though they may seem like many.

Pioneer Woman Spicy Scrambled Eggs

I know my guys, so I left the hot sauce out of the recipe.

You will need the following:

6 eggs
1/4 cup half-and-half
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Dash of hot sauce
1 tablespoon butter

1. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the half-and-half and whisk until smooth. Add the salt, pepper and hot sauce and whisk until well combined.

2. Heat a non-stick skillet (cast iron if you have it) on low heat, and add the butter.

3. Pour the eggs into the skillet. Using a heat resistant rubber spatula, stir the egg mixture over low heat to create soft creamy curds. Cook to light and fluffy.

NOTE - These were great. Some of the best eggs I've ever had. The half-and-half makes a big difference.

Pioneer Woman Black Pepper Biscuits

You will need the following:

3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1/3 cup powdered milk
5 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1/2 cup or 1 stick cold butter, cut into bits
1/2 cup shortening, cold
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/2 stick melted butter

1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

2. Stir together the flour, powdered milk, baking powder, sugar, salt, pepper and cream of tartar in a medium bowl.

3. Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter and shortening into the dry mixture until blended thoroughly.

4. Stir in the buttermilk so the dough comes together.

5. On a lightly floured surface, turn out the dough and use hands to press into a circle 1" to 1 1/2" thick.

6. Cut out the circles with a biscuit cutter or glass. Place the biscuits in cast-iron skillets, then brush the tops with melted butter.

7. Bake in the oven until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.

My family prefers LESS pepper-y tasting biscuits. I liked them very much. It's all a matter of taste!

Weekend Happenings

1. Friday night, Roxie will be with Sweet Taylor. Josh and Mike will be gathering things together for the "MOVE." Austin and Melia will be doing "beach" things.

And me... Well, you'll be able to find me sitting in the corner of my bathroom rocking back and forth, back and forth.

2. Saturday afternoon, Mike, Josh and I will head to the apartment to do some cleaning and prep work.

3. Sunday, after church, we'll eat and hit the road. Mike, Austin and Josh will do the heavy lifting... and I'll be sitting in the corner of the apartment bathroom rocking back and forth, back and forth.

I may be wrong, but I think it's just going to be THE BEST WEEKEND EVER!

Have a terrific Summer weekend. I'll be back Monday with moving pictures, Randomness, and a new End-of-Summer Tradition/Idea I had for The Chick.

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting and Heavy-Hearted Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter