Monday, August 26, 2013

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - I'm 52. Today. Yep. Today, I am 52.

I had a wonderful family birthday party yesterday, and I have a few pictures from that event.


Here I am in all of my 52 year-old glory.


I've told you I was big on distance and angles when it comes to having my picture taken. Mike stood on a concrete plant stand to take the following pictures.


Me... Glory... Again!


Me and My Chick.



This is my Autumnal-Yet-Summery-Floral-Chocolate-Fondant-Birthday Cake. Katie used sugar paper for the petals.

Were you aware there was such a thing as sugar paper?

You live 52 years and you think you have a pretty good grasp of what's out there in the pastry world... and then someone says sugar paper and you're totally and completely blown away.

One of my new favorite things... sugar paper!


Perfection!


Me, Austin and Melia.


Doesn't Melia look stunning in gray. She was so pretty yesterday. I cannot wear gray, but Melia and Roxie both wear it well.


Me. Brad and Stephanie.


Bev, Mom and me.

It makes Mom angry when I stick my leg out to appear shorter than her and Bev... so I do it as often as possible in pictures.

In this picture, I am doing "my trick" to appear shorter, and she is telling Bev she is not having her picture taken with me one more time if I don't stop sticking my leg out.


I just think it's funny.

Mom... not so much.


Me and My Josh.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I'm getting psyched about The Pioneer Woman's NEW HOLIDAY COOKBOOK which will be out this fall.

I hope, hope, hope she has another Book Tour.

And I hope, hope, hope she stops in Birmingham again.

And I hope, hope, hope after I stand in line five hours, I'll be able to say something other than, "Uh... Huh... Huh... Huh... Huh," while she's signing my book. (Mikie had to interpret last time.)


I'm planning on wearing the same blouse every time I go to a book signing so she'll recognize me in the crowd.

RANDOMNESS #3 - My sweet friend, Sue, asked me to take some pictures of her equally sweet daughter-in-law, Jenny, at the beginning of the Summer.


You remember, Jenny, right?


Jenny gave me this BEAUTIFUL cross as a "Thank You" gift (along with an equally beautiful silver pendant initial necklace).

I love them both.

I hope you and yours have a glorious day. Until a few seconds ago, I didn't really have any definite, set-in-stone type plans, but as I've been up for a little while and the blood is flowing to the ol' brain, a plan is emerging.

Yes, it is.

And I'll tell you all about it Friday!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting and Practically Ageless Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter