Friday, May 31, 2013

Weekend Happenings, Blog Linkage, Crock Pot Pork Chops

Good Friday morning!

My Friday plans have changed quite a bit in the last five minutes, so this will be a hurry/scurry kind of post, and I will most likely be ALL OVER THE PLACE!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Remember The Chick had an accident (which wasn't her fault) last Tuesday?

Well, we finally got the call today from the insurance/car place, and guess what?

The Chick's car is totaled.

Gloom... despair... and agony on me. (Do y'all remember that old Hee-Haw song? Do you? It definitely fits our mood right now!)

RANDOMNESS #2 - In case you don't remember what The Faulkner Five were up to this time last year (and I definitely DID NOT), here are some pictures to walk you through June 2012.

Amazingly, many of these activities will be repeated in June 2013... which leads me to quote, "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

(I really don't know what that means. I try to wrap my simple mind around it, but I've never had that "light bulb" moment where it made sense.)


Sparkle lived on the deck.


Copper... ditto.


Josh, Austin and Brad went on a man trip to Nashville, and had a great time.


Roxie missed them a little more than they missed her, I'm afraid.



Roxie attended Basketball Camp at Birmingham Southern.


Roxie wore a mustache for the first time ever.


Austin... ditto.


We celebrated Father's Day...


And I took my all-time favorite picture of 2012 on that day, too.


A squirrel looked at me.


Roxie took a little beach trip with her friend, Ally.


Austin and I made one of several Dreamcakes runs for the Summer... and it was so good.

RANDOMNESS #3 - I was feeling very antsy yesterday. Summer is unsettling to me in 2013.

Ten or more years ago, I knew exactly what we were going to do on any specific Summer day.

Today... not a clue.

Every day is a new and exciting adventure... and I don't know who is doing what and who is going where, and adult-sized people come by and talk about their work schedule and their social schedule as they pass me in the hallway.

And believe it or not, the plans very seldom include me and Mikie.

I know.

It's hard for me to believe, too.

So yesterday afternoon, I snapped.

I called Mikie first.

"I'm planning something for The Faulkner Five this evening. It's going to be fun, spectacular and very summery. Are you in?"

"I have to work until 8:00. Budget, you know."

"I didn't forget. Do you think you could stay up until 12:30 a.m. or a little after? Do ya? Do ya?"

I guess he could tell I was a little stir-crazy, because Sweet Mikie answered the way I needed him to answer.

"You betcha!"

One down... three to go.

I checked with The Chick next because she was "in-house" yesterday.

"What are we going to do?" she asked. She refuses to commit until she knows ALL the details.

"I'm thinking Mugshots at 8:30 with Dad... and then a 10:00 p.m. movie at the RAVE with The Brothers when they get off work. My treat!"

"I guess so."

It was a Summer Miracle, I tell you!

Mike stopped by Josh's workplace on the way home and told him where to meet us at 10:00.

"Are y'all supplying the popcorn?"

"Yes. Yes, we are."

"Sounds good."

Be still my heart. Four out of five. Could it be...

We stopped by Austin's workplace on the way to Mugshots and invited him on the outing.

"I'm working."

"I know you're working. I'm asking you to meet us at 10:00. You'll be off at 9:00. Right?"

"Yeah. That sounds good. Are y'all supplying the popcorn?"

"Yes. Yes, we are."

And it was a GO!

And it was FUN!

And we really did supply the popcorn.

I've been known to lie from time to time to get the responses I want from The Boy/The Man, MJ and The Chick.

I'm not proud of it, mind you, but "desperate times call for desperate measures."

And just so you know... I know exactly what that quote means.

Blog Linkage

1. Go to www.kellehampton.com and read yesterday's post entitled "The World Lies Upward." It's all about having a special needs child, and it made me understand Downs' Syndrome a little better. I think you'll enjoy it.

2. Go to www.jenhatmaker.com and read the May 30 post entitled "Worst End of School Mom Ever." This was all over Facebook yesterday and last night. I think it hit a nerve with a lot of Moms. Or struck a chord. Or made all the mothers everywhere stand up and sing "Hallelujah" and "Amen!"

3. If you're hosting a 4th of July bash (which I am), go to Six Sisters' Stuff under My Blog List and read today's post entitled "30 DIY 4th of July Ideas." Good, good ideas.

Crock Pot Pork Chops

You will need the following:

1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 thick cut boneless pork chops

1. Place chops in crock pot.

2. Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over chops.

3. Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours.

Oh... my... goodness. Heaven in a crock pot! It received five out of five stars at Faulkner Farms.

Once again... Thank you, Pinterest!

Have a tremendous weekend. I'll be back Monday with all sorts of useful information... and pictures... and maybe another new recipe.

Who knows?

I certainly don't!

Talk to you Monday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter