Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Things To Do On Leap Day

Good Wednesday morning!

The Gallery Pics are once again left-overs. (Someone better be photo-worthy around here today, or Thursday's Gallery is going to be pretty sad!)

RANDOMNESS #1 - Well, it's time. Once again, I've left the Paula Deen Recipe Challenge to the LAST day of the month.

I will be baking all day today. Do not come by or call. I will not go to the door or answer the telephone. I will be up to my elbows in flour and cream cheese and eggs... oh, my!

But the result will be worth all the blood, sweat and tears. I just know it!

And tomorrow, not only will I reveal my finished February creation, but I will unveil the March recipe. (You're not going to believe this one!)

RANDOMNESS #2 - Dance Moms did not disappoint last night. There were THREE fights. THREE!

In Dance Mom World, that is good television!

RANDOMNESS #3 - I told you I would be making the Italian Meatloaf last night, and I did.

And, guess what? It was very, very good. Even Roxie liked it!

It was moist and tasty, and I will be making meatloaf again.

I can't imagine why I've never made it before.

Well, except for the part where you have to put your hands in the bowl and make sure ALL the ingredients are mixed properly. I could have done without that step in the meatloaf-making process. I'm shuddering just thinking about it as I type this paragraph.

NOTE - I recommend this recipe. But I really recommend you asking someone who doesn't mind mixing meatloaf by hand to handle that little task. (It would be worth giving them half of the finished product!)

Wednesday Wisdom - Tornado season in Alabama officially begins tomorrow, March 1. It's a time to be aware of weather changes in our area. It's a time to tune in and watch James Spann once or twice or three times a day. It's a time to be so thankful when your home and family are not touched by a storm... but a time to be ready to help those who have been affected.

"One of the things about a tornado, it comes so quickly you don't have time to get in a panic. If you do, you're probably not in one.” Mike Huckabee

Things To Do On Leap Day

One website I visited suggested using this one day every fourth year to do something for someone else.

Volunteer where you know help is needed. Give a hand to someone you know could use it. Go through an organization, or help a neighbor in need. But definitely do something for others.

Throw a casual Leap Year Party and ask participants for contributions to go toward a worthy cause.

This website used the term "Leaping into action to help others." I like that!

I think making the extra day a family tradition to find ways to help the less fortunate would be a great way to spend the 29th of February.

Other Ideas:

Bake muffins with your child and take them to elderly neighbors this evening to have for breakfast tomorrow morning.

Pay for the lunch of the person behind you in the drive-thru line today. Tell them "Happy Leap Day!" (Our church encourages this practice all year long.)

Call your local church, and ask if there is a need for any food or clothing in the Food Pantry. If there is such a need, shop with your child and deliver the items to the church.

Bake a pie or cake (homemade) for a friend who hasn't been feeling well or has been stressed at work lately. (Or stressed at home with a house full of preschoolers.)

Use your imagination and fulfill a need this February 29!

Have a grand Wednesday. I'll be back tomorrow with Blog Linkage and a fun Date... and pictures (I hope) of the February Paula Deen Recipe Challenge. Wish me luck!

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter