Monday, February 27, 2012

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from Austin's birthday dinner last Thursday night, Austin's 21st Birthday Celebration Saturday afternoon, Josh's Choir Concert and MamMa's 91st Birthday Celebration Sunday.

We are "caked" out!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Last week, I posted all of the mountain pics (as you well know). I took a beautiful picture of Beverly, and I cropped it, but I didn't post it.

When she asked me where the picture was, I even argued with her and told her SHE was wrong and it WAS on the blog.

I am publicly apologizing to Bev... and the picture is now in the Showcase Pic spot.

That is my one and only public apology for the week. Enjoy.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Wicked was absolutely wonderful. Mike and I enjoyed it so much. We didn't know the story behind the play, so we had no idea how everything was going to end. We didn't know it was so funny. We didn't know any of the music, and it was excellent.

It was our favorite Broadway production ever except for The Lion King. (We saw The Lion King as a family eight years ago, and we still talk about that one!)

If you get a chance, please see Wicked. You will not be disappointed.

RANDOMNESS #3 - I wanted a Diet Dr. Pepper after I walked this morning... with ice... from Chick-Fil-A. So I made my way to the Chick.

When I arrived in the drive-thru line, I noticed I had NO gas. My needle was below the "E." Way below.

I looked in my wallet to get my debit card and discovered it was not there. I remembered seeing it on the dining room table at the house.

I looked in my wallet to get my "emergency" gas/credit card and discovered it was not there. I remembered seeing it on the dining room table at the house.

I didn't look in my wallet for cash. It was never there!

I did find a semi-used Chick-Fil-A card in the bottom of my purse. It had $1.84 left. Just enough to buy a small Diet Dr. Pepper... with ice... from Chick-Fil-A. YEA!

I reached into my purse to pick up my phone to call Mikie, and remembered my phone was sitting beside my debit card and my "emergency" gas/credit card on the dining room table at the house.

Hmmm. I asked myself the question, "Should I get out of the drive-thru line and try to make it home before I run out of gas?"

I answered myself, "No. You NEED that Diet Dr. Pepper. What's the worse thing that could possibly happen?"

Just so you know, my lips move when I have these conversations with myself. (One more thing that mortifies the 15 year-old chick that lives in my house.)

"The worse thing that could possibly happen would be running out of gas in the drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A without any money OR credit cards to remedy the situation. The second worse thing that could possibly happen is having to walk into Chick-Fil-A in my sweats with no make-up and bad hair because I had just finished exercising to ask someone if they could loan me their cell phone. The third worse thing that could possibly happen is having the most recognizable car in Gardendale totally STOPPING the most popular drive-thru in Gardendale... and that news getting back to my 15 year-old chick."

"Well, when you say it like that, maybe you don't NEED a Diet Dr. Pepper," I scolded myself.

But it was too late. I was at the speaker and I heard myself ordering the much-needed, much-desired soda.

And then I started praying.

And then I started praying, "Please, do not answer this prayer with a 'no.'"

And then I realized the person in front of me had placed 17 individual orders, and while the Chick has the fastest drive-thru EVER, 17 individual orders for one car slows a Chick employee down.

And then my prayers became more fervent.

And finally the lady in the car ahead of me left, and they THREW my Diet Dr. Pepper at me, and I got The Big Gold Van on the open road... where anyone and everyone could pass me when I ran out of gas. No pressure!

I'm home. I have put my debit and "emergency" gas/credit card in my wallet. My phone is in the waistband of my sweatpants. (I know. That may be too much information for a Monday morning.) And I am praying I'll make it to the gas station 1.4 miles away from my home when I leave in a little while.

If not, I'll give you a call!

RANDOMNESS #4 - Austin had a very good birthday. He loved the knife, Friday Night Lights DVDs, Mugshots Gift Certificate and Moneyball DVD. He really loved all of his money. And he loved his Refreshing Birthday Cake made with pineapple and mandarin oranges.

Since everyone in our family does not like cakes and fruit together, I decided to make a Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie so everyone could have something sweet. The Skillet Cookie was a hit!

However, even though I put the spoons in the skillet with the cookie, dumped scoop after scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of the hot cookie and told everyone to dig in, the adults started putting the cookie on their plates.

That's not how Melia taught us to eat a Skillet Cookie.

Everyone is supposed to bend from the waist and lean to the middle of the dining room table and eat it until it is gone. Everyone. Together.

Maybe you need to be under 21 years of age to really enjoy the correct way to eat a Skillet Cookie.

RANDOMNESS #5 - MamMa had a Drop-In Birthday Celebration between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m. yesterday afternoon. The cake was in the middle of her table and as family came and went, they enjoyed coffee, cake and a little visit. It was a lot of fun, and she had 17 people in and out on her special day.

And she looked marvelous!

Have a delightful Monday. I'll be back tomorrow with a terrific new recipe, Randomness, more pics... Ahhh. So many things to post, so little time!

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter