Monday, June 25, 2018

The Chick and South Africa AND Adoption Day

Good Monday evening!

So, first of all, let me just list the blog post things that will just have to wait a few days because I need a little time to work on THAT GIANT POST...

Wardrobe Malfunction Story
Mike's 57th Birthday Get-Together
Just Another Zoo Day
Three New-to-Me Recipes
Some Blog Linkage
And maybe a dozen or so other little things that I feel need to be addressed.

Is it just me or has the month of June become just as busy as May?

Yeah. That's what I thought.

RANDOMNESS #1 - The Chick and South Africa - The first four pictures you are about to see are of The Chick during Service Week. I especially like these pics because there appears to be no imminent threat of danger anywhere near Roxie.

No parachutes...

No sharks...

No bungee cords...

No deep, dark cave exploration...

None of that!

Just beautiful photos of my girl and some of her new friends in a place I like to call "the other side of the universe."








Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Even where the Indian and Atlantic Oceans meet at the very tip of the beach in Cape Town, South Africa...

The very last stop before heading to Antarctica.

God is with her even when her earthly Mom is in The Dale in the Continental United States of America.

Thank goodness...

And thank the Lord.

Amen.

Okay.

There are a bunch of pics from this particular "activity," but I'm only posting a few for my heart's sake.


She jumped from the highest bridge in Africa OR the world.

At this point, I am not sure which, and I really don't think it matters.


She was extremely far from the ground with two large rubber bands attached to her ankles keeping her "safe."


And I don't know who this guy is, but I plan on hunting him down and having a few words.


I got completely on board with this excursion.

Walking with elephants would have to be an amazing, unforgettable life experience.


And she got to hold hands...

Trunks...

Appendages?

Yeah. That's the word.

She got to hold appendages while she walked with the elephants.

Love this so much.


And then there was this.

Yes.

That is a great white shark.

She got into a cage on the side of a boat, and while the cage stays bolted onto the side of the boat, and you don't even have to put your head underwater unless you want, nine of these guys swam up to the cage (whilst The Chick was inside) and tried to bite her.


I can't even.


If it's okay with you, I don't want to end this portion of the blog with the angry shark picture.

Let's go back and look at the gigantic elephant pic one more time, shall we?

We're picking her up next Monday.

And then she's grounded for six years.

That is all.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Adoption Day - Courtney and I have always talked about Judith and her picture of family. Last year when she was only two, we would go to the Zoo and if there were three giraffes she was happy because there was a Momma, Daddy and Baby.

Three elephants...

Three zebras...

Three (or more) goats.

Momma, Daddy and Baby.

The lions consistently bothered her because there were always just the two...

And don't get me started about the one, lone tiger at the time.

It wasn't just the Zoo either. At a restaurant or shopping, she would see a Momma and a child and want to know the whereabouts of the Daddy.

Anything that deviated from the three bothered her, the "but why" questions came fast and furious and no answer satisfied her.

She is all about family.

Josh adopted Judith last Monday. All of the details fell into place and she became a Faulkner.

However, for Judith it was just a day like any other. She went somewhere with her Mommy and Daddy. They signed some papers, and then everyone went to Cracker Barrel for strawberries and pancakes.

Just your normal kind of Monday.

And that's how it felt to me, too. A part of her name was different, but nothing changed about how she perceived her family...

Momma, Daddy and Baby.

And that was quite possibly the best part, I think.




Aunt Mia, Uncle Austin and RT came to the courthouse, too.








There was a little waiting time, but walking seemed to take the edge off.


And then it was done.




Pancakes for everyone...


And a little extra lovin' from Cousin RT.

It was a very good day.

I hope you and yours have a great beginning of the week. I'll be back soon with either a short, concise post OR the longest post ever written by man!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter