Sunday, June 17, 2018

The Chick and South Africa, A Zoo Day with Courtney and Judith, Let's Play with RT AND Let's Play with Judith

Good Sunday morn... and Happy Father's Day!

I'm just going to go ahead and start with a bunch of teaser(s) for my next post.

I had a slight, albeit totally humiliating, wardrobe malfunction Saturday.

And when I say "wardrobe malfunction," I'm talking about one of the ten layers I am wearing at all times.

Yeah. I'll be talking about that next post.

Mike turned 57 this past Wednesday, but his official Birthday/Father's Day Celebration is tonight. I'll be talking about that next post.

I should have another update on The Chick by next post.

I'll give you a hint. It may have something to do with elephants, monkeys and/or sharks. I'm hoping none of that is true, but I also hoped she wouldn't hop out of a moving airplane 8,346 miles away from home, and we all saw how that turned out. (And if you didn't see how that turned out, pics are below!)

Also, I think I might have something very exciting to report next post. No hints, but it's one of those "you'll know it when you see it" kinda things.

And, no.

I'm not getting a tattoo...

And I'm not expecting.

Nor is anyone in my immediate vicinity...

As far as I know.

You'll just have to wait and see!

RANDOMNESS #1 - The Chick and South Africa - Okay. Here goes.

Roxie has wanted to skydive since she was in the ten-to-12-year-old range. Way back then, it didn't worry me too much because I figured she would get over it.

As the years went by, it started to become clear The Chick didn't necessarily "get over" things so much as she just tucked them into the back of her mind for a later time.

That "later time" was last Sunday, June 10, 2018.

I knew it was happening on that specific day, but I did not know the exact time. When Mike and I received the text which simply said, "I SURVIVED!" I breathed a huge sigh of relief, gleefully went to church and promptly took a nap when I returned home.

Worrying is exhausting work, isn't it?

I talk a good bit about JOY on the blog, I think. I like when I see physical glimpses of it in pictures I have taken or stories I have heard.

I think I may have a few more images of it below.






In her own words (more or less), "I asked the instructor if we could do a flip out of the plane, and he said, 'Yes.'

"And we did!

"I asked him if I could steer the parachute some on the way down, and he said, 'Yes.'

"And I did!

"I started laughing, and I couldn't stop, and it made the instructor laugh, too...

"All the way down."

By the way...

The Chick's grounded.

I'm not sure how that works at this moment in time, but do not doubt for one minute...

I'm going to figure it out!

RANDOMNESS #2 - A Zoo Day with Courtney and Judith - I think the pics are self-explanatory.






It occurred to me, I may have a picture of Roxie wrestling or riding or chasing one of these before her trip ends.

I would ask her, but I haven't been particularly happy with a lot of her answers lately.

I'll just wait and see.

Heavy, heavy sigh.











RANDOMNESS #3 - Let's Play with RT - I absolutely loved this place...

And so did RT.

Ball pits, toddler carousel, little trampolines, slides, giant Legos, age appropriate climbing walls, etc., etc., etc.

And there was stuff for older kids, too.














And for only $2.95, I got this groovy pair of socks. (Everyone is required to wear socks. Even Nanas and Pops.)

NOTE - Call before going to make sure there aren't a lot of groups coming in when you are there. It's a big place, but three, four or five buses filled with kids would be a lot of children running around if you're taking smaller tots.

ANOTHER NOTE - It costs $8 per child on weekdays, and two adults get in free with a paid child. It's a little more on weekends.

RANDOMNESS #3 - Let's Play with Judith - The day after Melia and I took RT, I took Judith.

It's official.

Three year-olds love it, too.








And I'm supposed to be the dramatic one in the family.

I think not.




Did I mention the giant two-tiered ropes course?


Sorry. Must have slipped my mind.

Have a marvelous Sunday. I'll be back soon with many, if not all, of the "teased-about" items mentioned above.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter