Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Chick and South Africa AND Blog Linkage

Good Sunday morn!

The above picture was taken before Roxie left for South Africa...

Which is what we're going to be talking about today!

RANDOMNESS - The Chick and South Africa - As I mentioned in my last post, Roxie is in Cape Town, South Africa for five weeks this summer. When you add it all up, it is 35 days and nights. Today is number 14 of 35. You don't have to be great at math to realize from a mama's perspective the trip isn't even half over.

Roxie's perspective is different, of course, but I'm not here to talk about how she feels about it.

Not even a little bit.

I'm a little miffed, and I don't care who knows it!







So far, The Chick has gone on some crazy, beautiful hikes (see above), snorkeled with seals, surfed in the Atlantic/Indian Oceans, driven four-wheelers up and down a South African beach, toured the prison where Nelson Mandela was held...

And here is the tricky part.

Today she is sky diving..

Out of a moving airplane.

Have no fear. Whilst she is throwing herself out of a plane (with a tandem instructor), I will be on my knees (quite literally).

She does not get any of her reckless abandon from me.

Nope. My idea of adventure USED TO BE holding both of my hands up during a roller coaster ride.

I would have been deliriously happy if the seal adventure had been the most dangerous activity she participated in while 8,346 miles away from home, but I am guessing being that happy isn't in the cards for The Enchanting Belinda.

For your reading pleasure, below is the text Roxie sent me about her seal adventure...

"For the first ten minutes, I didn't see a single seal, but the rocks were absolutely covered with them. They said there are about 15,000 seals on that island, so I got nervous.

"After the first ten minutes though, a pup came right up to me. They say the pups will do that because they are super curious, and after that I don't think there was a single time for the rest of the hour that I wasn't in the middle of at least eight to 12 seals. It was INCREDIBLE! And surprisingly peaceful.

"It wasn't like an adrenaline rush. Just really beautiful and something I will cherish forever.

"At one point they were getting so close to me and swimming up against my body. If you tried to touch them they would swim away, but come right back. One came up under me and rolled over and let me RUB HIS BELLY like a puppy. It was incredible.

"When we got out of the water, they poured hot water into our wet suits which was my favorite part. Then they gave us hot chocolate and lollipops for the ride back. It was so wonderful.

"It was a workout because it required a lot of swimming against the current, but I have never experienced anything like that in my life. It was so cool and sweet."

For any of you wondering about the hot water in the wet suit, it is winter in Cape Town. The highs are in the 60s and the lows are in the 40s...

And the ocean is really, really cold!

Except for the "8,000 miles away" part, it sounds like somewhere I would like to spend my summer!

Why couldn't she just be happy with scratching a seal's belly?

WHY, I ask?

Blog Linkage - Go to www.kellehampton.com and read Wednesday's post entitled, "Summer S’more Wars Night." I think this would be a unique, fun and NEW tradition to try with your family and friends.

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Sabbath day. I'll be back sooner than later because I have a lot of other stuff to post from the last week or so...

And I just ran out of time what with all the extra praying I've been doing the past 14 days!

Talk to you soon!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter