Monday, December 2, 2013

Mindless Monday, Quotable Quotes, Pinterest Stuff

Good Monday morning!

We have a lot of ground to cover, so let's get started!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Black Friday turned out to be me, Roxie, Amy and Monica. Bev and Katie couldn't join us this year (first time EVER), and that made it different, but not horrible.

Roxie and I met up with Amy and Monica around 6:00 a.m. Friday morning... and we shopped and ate until around noon when our room was ready.

Everyone say, "YEA" for a ready room!


Roxie kind of had a melt-down in Belk's around 11:30 a.m., but she rallied when she heard the words "nap time." And so did I.


The purchase of the day for EVERYONE in the mall was a pair of boots. It didn't matter what kind of boots you wanted to buy, as long as you did, in fact, leave the store with boot-like footwear.

Here is a picture of Roxie and Monica taking off the boots so they can be comfortable during "NAP TIME!"

After the much-needed and much-desired nap, we drove to the movie theater located almost three minutes away and watched Catching Fire.

Can I say, I LOVED Catching Fire.

Can I also say, it's a good thing my "having baby" days are over and done, because if I was having a girl in the next year or so I would name her Katniss.

And if it was a boy I would name him Everdeen.

But we would call him Ev so people wouldn't tease him.

After Catching Fire, we still had a couple more stores to visit before we called it a day, so we ate dinner in the Food Court of The Galleria, split up to purchase the remaining items and headed back to the room for a few episodes of Say Yes to the Dress and Four Weddings before calling it a day.

A tiring day, but a fun and productive day, too.


Roxie and Monica on their way to find a vending machine because Roxie NEEDED a Diet Mountain Dew RIGHT AWAY!


Monica and Amy as we were leaving Saturday morning.

See how well-rested everyone looks?

We've tweaked our Black Friday tradition until it needs no more tweaking.

We've included a nap, a movie and a reasonable bedtime.

I'm telling you, it only took us five years, but we've got it down now!

RANDOMNESS #2 - Mike had six tickets to the Iron Bowl. It was going to be perfect. One for each of The Faulkner Five and Melia.

Mike was going to pick Roxie and me up at The Wynfrey at 8:30 Saturday morning to head to The Plains.

It was going to be a busy weekend, but completely doable.

And then Austin couldn't get off work (producing the JSU play-off game)... so he wasn't able to go.

And Melia found out Samford (her school) was playing JSU in the play-off game, and she decided to stay in Jacksonville with Austin... so she wasn't able to go.

And some people can plan Three Days of Wonderful, and not feel completely overwhelmed and anxious about doing it all... but I'm not one of them.

"Mike. Will it hurt your feelings if I stay home Saturday and decorate and piddle?" I asked hesitantly Thursday night.

"Nope. Your 'thing' is FAMILY... not FOOTBALL. I know you would be all over this if the entire FAMILY was going, but since it's getting a little messed up, I totally understand."

Have I mentioned how much I love Mikie this week?

Mike, Josh, Taylor and Roxie ended up going, and it goes without saying, they had an unforgettable time at Auburn!


Roxie and Taylor in front of the Big Gold Van (in The Wynfrey parking lot).





Taylor and Roxie sitting in the stands of the Game of the Century!


Josh, Roxie and Mike at the end of the Game of the Century!


Roxie and Josh at Toomer's Corner. (In case you didn't know, this is a historic picture!)


It was quite a day, and even though the traffic wasn't flowing very well after the group ate at Cheeburger Cheeburger, the adrenaline kept Mikie going and everyone arrived safely in The Dale around midnight.

Tired, but oh, so happy!

RANDOMNESS #3 - I have a Sparkle update for you. The puppy has been at the vet since Wednesday with a herniated disc in her neck. She is on IV pain relievers and muscle relaxers.

To be honest, we didn't know if we were going to be able to bring her home, but after a talk with the vet this morning, he assured us she was getting much, much better and told us he thought she would be able to be back to "almost" normal before too much longer.

Yes!

I'm picking her up around 2:00 and bringing her home where she belongs.

Quotable Quotes

"Our Christian lifestyle speaks much louder than our Christian vocabulary." Anonymous

Pinterest Stuff

I found out what my Elf Name is on Pinterest this week. Check below to see how I will be signing off during the month of December.

Asked and Answered - I'm going to give you a little update on how I'm doing Monday, December 2, 2013 in the "getting ready for Christmas" department... so you'll feel really good about yourself!

1. I am still addressing Christmas cards. I am thankful I have Christmas cards to address, but it will be a couple of days before they hit the mailbox.

And to be honest, I'm not sure if my little Christmas card "joke" is funny this year. Mike and the kids assure me it is not, but they've been wrong before... or at least I've thought they have been wrong before!

2. My Angel Christmas Tree should be/will be/has to be completed by 6:00 p.m. tonight, or else!

Do y'all give yourselves "or else" deadlines, too? They mean absolutely nothing, but I tend to try harder if the words "or else" are tacked on the end of any task.

3. My Paint-by-Number Christmas Activity Table (taking the place of the Christmas Puzzle Table) should be up and running by 6:00 p.m. tonight, too.

This will probably actually happen, so I'm not going to put the words "or else" at the end.

4. I'm about 60 percent finished with my Christmas shopping.

5. I'm about .34 percent finished with my Christmas wrapping.

6. I'm exactly 0 percent finished with my Christmas baking.

7. I'm not in the Christmas Spirit yet, but I'm working on it.

I hope you and yours have a great First Week of December. I'll be back Friday with Weekend Happenings and more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you the end of the week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda OR Nipper Sugar-Socks

P.S. How cool is my Elf Name?

1 comment:

  1. Belinda, sounds like Black Friday was an awesome day!!
    Nipper Sugar Socks? Ok, well, um, not so sure about that one. Sorry.
    Beautiful picture of the carousel reindeer. And why is there so much TP hanging around after the game ? And, um, who won? In regards to 4. I'm the same. 5.I'm 0.6. I'm 0. 7.Totally got it today while watching the snow fall all day, listening to Harry Connick's Christmas music, and doing my cards while sipping hot choc. Snow is just so beautiful. Andrea p.s. I was sick on Thanksgiving so we could not do your suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter