Monday, December 23, 2013

Beyond Mindless Monday and Reindeer Poop

Good Monday evening!

I'm still woefully behind in all things Christmas, so let's get to the post, shall we?

RANDOMNESS #1 - We celebrated Christmas with Mikie's family this past Saturday, and all was going well until someone finally mentioned Amber AND THE NEW BABY were not going to be able to make it to the gathering.

I tell you, I almost lost it!

Baby Mackenzie has had the flu AND the croup, so she and her Mama stayed home to recuperate.

I can't stand to think of a little six month-old having the flu AND the croup, but her Dad, Jared, assured me she was on the road to recovery.

And despite missing Amber and Mackenzie very, very much, we still enjoyed our time with the rest of Mikie's family.


Josh all wrapped up with a big red bow!


Roxie and Lauren. (She retrieved her bow from Josh.)


Austin and Melia. Happy and engaged.


Melia and Matthew playing with the Hot Wheels on Grandma's couch.


Brandi (Mom of Matthew and Lauren) with her Uncle Mike.

The more kids in a family, the less "adult" pics I tend to take.

RANDOMNESS #2 - As much as I love our Basketball Chicks (and I do LOVE our Basketball Chicks), we are having some technical difficulties this season.

However, I am not worried, and as one of their biggest fans, I know in the very near future, things are going to turn around for us.

I just know!

Until then, I will continue to take pictures of each and every game...

Because what would A Simple Life be without bi-weekly basketball pics?

I shudder to think.


I don't know about you, but when they look up in the sky, I look up in the sky.


Kesley and her flying ponytail.


Meagan.


Roxie.


Roxie gets mad at me when I stand up and shout, "Fight! Fight!"

I just call 'em like I see 'em.

Reindeer Poop

I found this recipe on Pinterest, and even though I haven't made it YET, I will have made it by Christmas morn for an after-Christmas lunch dessert and/or snack.

You will need the following:

4 tablespoons butter
5 ounces mini marshmallows (half a bag)
12 ounces Smucker’s caramel dessert topping
12 ounces Hershey’s milk chocolate chips
5 to 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal

1. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter.

2. Add marshmallows and stir gently until melted.

3. Turn off heat and add caramel sauce and chocolate chips. Stir until melted.

4. Stir in cereal until combined.

5. Roll the mixture into 1" balls and set on wax paper to cool.

This recipe should make 40 reindeer poops... reindeer poop balls... round chocolate-type cookies.

I'll let you know how it turns out!

I will not talk to you before Christmas Day, so I'll take this little space to wish you and yours a Very Merry Christ-Filled Christmas.

I'll be back Friday to talk about 2013 Christmas memories, some new-to-me gift ideas I cannot talk about until the day AFTER Christmas... and tell you how the Reindeer Poop recipe tasted.

Take care, and I'll talk to you the end of the week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting and "Still-Not-Quite-Finished-With-All-the-Christmas-Stuff" Belinda

"And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you. Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.'" And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us. And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger." Luke 2:7-16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter