Friday, June 21, 2013

Weekend Happenings, Blog Linkage, Quotable Quotes

Good Friday morning!

RANDOMNESS - You knew I would have more Mackenzie pictures today, right? I kept a couple just for today... and maybe a couple more for Monday.


Is there anything more precious than a big man tenderly holding a tiny baby?

Is there anything more weird than referring to YOUR baby as a "big man?"

I think not!



Look at that hair. Look at those lips. So, so sweet.

Quotable Quotes - June is a big wedding month... which makes me think of marriage... which makes me want to use these quotes!

"Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave." Martin Luther

"The ultimate purpose of marriage is not to make us happy, but to glorify God." Nancy Leigh DeMoss

Blog Linkage

Go to www.kellehampton.com and scroll down to Tuesday's post entitled "Summer Bucket (in the Mitten)" and tell me you do not want to go to Michigan RIGHT NOW!

And if you do want to go RIGHT NOW, call me and I'll get The Big Gold Van serviced before our road trip!

Weekend Happenings

1. Mikie is coming home from an overnight trip today. Since we've got some "eatin' out" to do this weekend, I'll probably just fix something easy for dinner.

Josh will be working. Austin will be dating. The Chick will be... I'm not sure yet.

2. I'm attending a wedding tomorrow, and I'm very excited. My friend, Sue, has had a very busy Spring. Her daughter had a new baby in May (Reese), and her son is getting married Saturday afternoon.

I had lunch with her yesterday, and she seems to be handling everything remarkably well... with style and grace.

I'm taking notes for when my turn comes, but I'm pretty sure the words "with style and grace" will not be used to describe me.

Because I've yet to hear those words used to describe me in recent years...

Or any time prior to recent years...

Ever.

I think I'll probably settle for "deliriously happy and barefoot."

For some reason, I am much more happy and relaxed without shoes than with them. I tend to kick them off as soon as I reach any destination. Church, car, other people's homes, etc.

And when I think of a wedding, reception and all the pictures in between, all the images of me in my head are barefoot.

Which reminds me. I'm getting a pedicure some time before the wedding Saturday.

I also need to spend some uninterrupted quality time in the massage chair. Like two to three hours.

3. I'm teaching another Sunday School class filled with young moms Sunday morning. It's one of my favorite things to do these days, and I always come out of a class refreshed and happy remembering one of the sweetest times in my life.

And then I go home to my young adults, and I am happy again remembering how sweet it is to have all of them under one roof for this short, short season before things change mightily around here... again.

As Austin is looking for his "career" job, he is working many hours at Chick Fil-A AND cutting yards. He will not be living on Crista Circle much longer.

We are getting ready to move Josh to Hanceville this Fall for his sophomore year at Wallace State. While Mike and I are still determined to live day-by-day, Josh continues to think ahead... which is a very 19 year-old thing to do.

And The Chick will finally have our undivided attention.


She cannot wait!

It appears that Weekend Happenings has turned into The Faulkner Five Life Plans. Sorry about that.

Have a fun-filled Summer weekend. I'll be back Monday with pictures from several events/outings, etc. and some 4th of July ideas.

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter