Monday, June 10, 2013

Mindless Monday, Blog Linkage, The Story of David... Using Bananas

Good Monday morning!

We have much to talk about, so let's get started.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Roxie is babysitting and pup-sitting and cat-sitting this Summer. These two little ones will be with us for a week, and our primary goal is to make sure Copper and Sparkle do not find out about it.


This is Izzy...


And this is Bandit.

Our secondary goal is to make sure no one steps on them.

Roxie has her work cut out for her, I think.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I am still Body Pumping during the Summer months. The class time originally was Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon.

A couple of months ago, the Wednesday class changed from Body Pump to Body Flow, and I was so excited.

The word "flow" tends to describe me so much better than "pump."

However, I have learned the past two months that perhaps 51 years of age is not the perfect time to begin a class called Body FLOW.

The class contains Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates.

Of course, I knew about Yoga. I have heard about the positions Warrior 1, Warrior 2, Child's Pose, etc.

I knew about Pilates, too, but I have to be honest. When I first heard the word "Pilates," I really thought it was a new slushy drink at McDonald's. I don't know why, but that is exactly what I believed to be true.

I was mistaken.

And Tai Chi. Well, Tai Chi should be a green tea... but it is not.

It's hard to describe, but I tend to be dripping wet after finishing Body Flow... even though it is technically "stretching." I do not understand why stretching produces such an unattractive result, but it does.

My most favorite part of Body Flow (which I have mentioned in an older post) would have to be the ten-minute nap at the end.

All exercises, games, etc. everywhere should offer a ten-minute nap at the end of the event.

I think a lot more people would be physically fit if that were the case.

And if you offered everyone an ice cream sundae AFTER the ten-minute nap at the end of the workout...

Well, can we all agree that receiving a Gym Membership for Mother's Day would be THE favorite gift of the day?

I thought so.

RANDOMNESS #3 - Mikie's 52nd birthday party was a success except for one HUGE thing... Josh had to work.

And the only reason we didn't try to reschedule was because of Father's Day, vacations and the fact that Mikie's actual birthday is Thursday, June 13, and The Faulkner Five have some really fun stuff planned for him Wednesday and Thursday... and Josh is a main component of that two-day celebration.

I didn't want you to think it was a perfect party, because it most definitely was not.


Instead of a party "theme," I decided to use colors. And instead of using Mikie's favorite color (blue), I decided to use something that matched what was already going on in the dining room. Yellow!


I ordered Mikie's cake from Dairy Queen over the phone, so when the girl told me it was yellow and orange, I thought she actually meant yellow and orange...

Not peach and pale lemon chiffon.

The cake looked a little peaked (which means "having a sickly appearance"), but it tasted very good.

You may have also noticed the candles. My sister, Beverly, and I are a little "candle challenged." Basically, we use whatever we have. I had a "5" and two green single candles... which were supposed to sympolize the number "2."

Contrary to popular belief, Mikie is not 511.


My great-nephew, Matthew, joined us for the festivities...


And he played with Austin and Josh's old Lego Zoo Set.




Mike had his picture taken with anybody and everybody who came to the party, but this was one of my faves. Tim, Katie, Mikie, Melia, Austin and Roxie in the middle.

There will be more of Mikie's birthday Friday morning.

A lot more.

RANDOMNESS #4 - I actually took this picture of Austin and The Lovely Melia at Mikie's birthday party, but they are so pretty, I decided to give them their very own paragraph.


I was right, wasn't I?

RANDOMNESS #5 - Fun fact for you... I have never made banana bread.

I know. It's hard for me to believe, too.

I've never been sure of the proper state of "ripeness" bananas need to be before making the bread.

You're probably thinking, "It's not rocket science, Enchanting Belinda. You just need mushy bananas."

1. You are totally right, and I let the dumbest things intimidate me.

2. I don't like the judgmental tone you used above. Please don't do it again!

I'll let you know how it turns out Friday.

Blog Linkage

Go to Six Sisters' Stuff under My Blog List and make these Mommy/Daddy Date Jars. There are free printables, decorations, etc. (It would make a great Father's Day gift.)

The Story of David... Using Bananas

I found this blog on Pinterest (www.fullhandsandreadyfeet.blogspot.com). In a word, it is WONDERFUL.

This Mom has tons of "object lessons" you can use for family devotions with little ones.

The lessons are simple, memorable and to the point.

The story of David being chosen as King of Israel. This account is found in 1 Samuel 16. The emphasis is really on God's words in 1 Samuel 16:7 when he says, "man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

We found some bananas and agreed they didn't look too yummy to eat from the outside. However, when we peeled them the story changed. Read (or tell) the children the story in 1 Samuel 16.

Talk about the type of heart which would be pleasing to the Lord.

Kiwi's and watermelon would be other great examples of things that look very different on the inside.

We also played Duck, Duck, Goose, but we said "No, No, Yes" to pretend we were going through Jesse's sons picking a king.

The lesson... God looks at the heart.

The Enchanting Belinda - I think this is great. You have a lesson, a snack and a game to reinforce everything you have just taught the kids.

I know I learn better when I have a snack and a game at the end of a lesson!

Have a wonderfully productive week. I'll be back Friday with more of Mikie's birthday celebration, two new recipes (baked beans AND banana bread), an update on Izzy and Bandit and more, more, more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you the end of the week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter