Sunday, March 24, 2013

Mindless Monday, Quotable Quotes

Good Monday afternoon!

RANDOMNESS #1 - We celebrated Easter with my side of the family yesterday at Grandmother's.

And we had a very good time.


Grandmother made a little centerpiece on each table with Peep Cups... and Roxie went around and bit the ear off each and every purple Peep before we sat down.


Instead of dying the "white" part of the deviled eggs pastel colors, I decided to dye the "yellow" part of the deviled eggs a light, bright green.

It came out a little more mossy green than I would have liked, but I think it still falls into the Spring Green category.

Or maybe not.






We also played Easter Spoons, Easter Farkle and Easter Blow-the-Q-Tip-Into-the-Bowl-Using-a-Straw.

The Lovely Melia was the overall winner, and she accepted her Regal Cinema Gift Certificate with a big ol' smile.

We are fortunate because we will be celebrating Easter with Mike's side of the family (Matthew and Lauren) this coming Sunday, and I cannot wait.

I also cannot wait until NEXT Easter because I will have ANOTHER great-niece by then thanks to my nephew, Jared, and his sweet wife, Amber.

YES!

RANDOMNESS #2 - We also celebrated Brad's birthday. The boy is 21 years old... which is hard to believe since I was only 30 when he was born... and I just turned 40 my last birthday.

I'm not very good at math, but I believe that is known as a modern-day miracle!



Some things never change.

The Birthday Boy/Girl still blows out candles AND still sits on the floor surrounded by his/her gifts.

(Our family will traditionally give you a chair to sit in on your 25th birthday... and not before.)

RANDOMNESS #3 - Roxie and I went to The Galleria Saturday afternoon. Surprisingly, Austin and Mike asked if they could tag along.

When we pulled into the parking lot, Austin asked, "Are we going to leave around 3:00?"

It was exactly 2:15 when he asked this question.

"Austin, we're going to be here until around 4:30. We'll get home around 5:00," I patiently explained.

"OH... MY... WORD! What are we going to do at the mall for TWO HOURS?" he AND Mike simultaneously moaned.

"I knew it! I knew this was going to happen! They are going to ruin EVERYTHING!" Roxie declared.

"No. No, they are not," I told her.

And then I addressed the testosterone in the front seat of The Big Gold Van.

"Roxie and I don't care what the two of you do, but meet us at Auntie Anne's Pretzels at 4:30 for a snack before we head home," I instructed.

"Auntie Anne's? Auntie Anne's? I wanted cinnamon sticks and icing," yelled one.

"Auntie Anne's? Auntie Anne's? I wanted a sugar cookie from The Cookie Company," yelled the other one.

"I don't care," I yelled back. "Meet us at Auntie Anne's at 4:30 with your snack of choice."

And they did.

And it was pleasant.

And when we left The Galleria, everyone was happy and content.

But I don't think the men in the family will be going on a shopping trip with the women in our family any time soon...

Which suits us just fine.

RANDOMNESS #4 - An Old Easter Story - I've been looking through the Archives, and I had forgotten this little gem from four years ago!

On Sunday, we decided to attend the 9:30 a.m. service at our church. The MOST crowded service of all. Shockingly, we arrived early enough to get in line in the hallway. Within moments of the doors opening and the 8:00 a.m. people spilling out, we should have been shuffling in to claim our seats. Uh-oh! Wait a minute! Unfortunately, we had inadvertently gotten in line behind "Passive Easter Service Attenders." Big, big mistake!

They smiled and let a HUGE line of people coming from the other direction cut in front of our line. Had they NEVER been in a carpool line? Did they NOT KNOW line etiquette? Were they trying to get into Heaven by letting HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE in line ahead of us? These were all the very non-Christian-like questions running through my head.

Keep in mind, if these people were "Passive Easter Service Attenders," the Faulkner Five (Code for ROXIE LEE) will now be forever known as an "Aggressive Easter Service Attender." And while non-Christian-like questions were running THROUGH my head, Roxie was loudly verbalizing her non-Christian-like responses.

"What is WRONG with them?"

"They need to PUSH?"

"Come on, everyone. PUSH!"

"Ughhh! It's like they've never been to church before!"

It was kind of like Road Rage... except inside the church... on Easter Sunday morning... talking about very kind, giving people. I'm just glad we decided not to add a taser or pepper spray in her Easter Basket. Things could have gotten ugly.

Quotable Quotes - I read the following quote recently, and it "rang true."

"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends." John Churton Collins

Have a wonderful week. I'll be back Friday morning with Basketball Banquet pictures, more Randomness, more Easter, etc., etc.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Friday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. I'll leave the post this afternoon with some "family-type" pics taken yesterday.







How cute are these guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter