Friday, August 3, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

Okay. We're back on schedule... which is ALWAYS a good thing!

CONTEST! CONTEST! CONTEST! - This is my 980th post for A Simple Life. Hard to believe, isn't it?

The Contest will be simple. The rules are as follows:

Beginning today, leave your NAME followed by the word "CONTEST" in the Comment Section of A Simple Life, e-mail me (mfaulkner1306@charter.net) or go to my Facebook page.

You can enter the Contest ONCE A DAY (each and every day including Saturdays AND Sundays) until Thursday, August 30 at midnight. (Your name could be put into the drawing bowl a total of 28 times between now and Thursday, August 30!)

I will write my 1,000th post Friday morning, August 31.

I will draw from a HUGE BOWL of names, and a winner will be announced the morning of Friday, August 31.

The winner will receive a $15 Gift Certificate to one of the following restaurants:

1. Another Broken Egg
2. Original Pancake House
3. Olexa's
4. Lucia's Italian Restaurant in Helena

It will be Winner's Choice!

If you win and you live somewhere other than Alabama, you will win a $15 VISA Gift Card!

"May the odds be ever in your favor!"

(I've always wanted to say that!)

RANDOMNESS #1 - The Pioneer Woman begins her third set of new cooking shows on Food Network tomorrow morning. Check your local listings and set your DVR!

RANDOMNESS #2- I have two or three beach stories to share, but I think I'll do that first thing Monday morning!

Until then, the rest of our Monday and Tuesday at the beach will be brought to you by PICTURES!


We ate at Acme Oyster House in The Village Monday night.


As you can tell, it fit our mood.



Totally distressed over not having a day's worth of beach pictures in my camera, I did what most photo-obsessed moms do... I found a brick wall and made some kids stand in front of it before we went to Kilwin's for ice cream...


And caramel apples.


After a late night of playing cards, watching the Olympics and movies, we woke up to more rain.


Our Day 2 Beach Plans changed drastically. We slowly got ready, went shopping, saw The Amazing Spiderman and met my sister, Bev, and family at AJ's for dinner. (Katie and Roxie.)


Other than taking a shower, this is the closest we came to actually touching water on Tuesday. (HarborWalk at AJ's.)


Austin and Katie.


Brad and Stephanie.


Josh and Brad.


Zac and Josh.


Ciara and Zac.


Roxie, Ciara and Photobomber Mike.


A Random Pirate and Bev. I was desperate to take a picture of anything "beachy," so when I saw this pirate-guy walking around outside the restaurant, I called to him... "Arrgghh! Can we have our picture made with you?"

And he said, "Yes."

And I was truly happy for a moment or two.

It's the little things in life, I tell you!

Weekend Happenings

Our Saturday and Sunday look pretty clear and calm right now, but if the weather is agreeable, I am hoping for a little tubing or fishing time Sunday afternoon.

Much like our time at the beach, we'll just have to wait and see.

I hope you and yours have a fantastic August weekend. I'll be back Monday with Beach Trip Stories, pictures and my 981st post!

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

1 comment:

  1. belinda, I love your style of writing. Thought I just didn't have time to follow you, but if I move half an hour of Facebook to Saturday and 2 hours of Pinterest to Monday, well you get the idea!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter