Thursday, August 23, 2012

12 NEW-TO-ME Date Your Spouse Ideas

Good Thursday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1- Roxie is playing in her very first JV volleyball game tonight as a Sophomore. Needless to say, we are very excited.

The JV and Varsity Volleyball Teams met at Chick-Fil-A this morning for a team breakfast. They all wore dresses, cute shoes and accessorized.

They are athletes, but they are really gorgeous athletes!

We'll have volleyball pics on A Simple Life tomorrow. You can count on it!


Yep...


I'll have plenty more of these tomorrow!

RANDOMNESS #2 - The Boy is moving into his dorm tomorrow... and I'm going with him to clean and sanitize.

This has become a tradition for us, and I'm really looking forward to our Quizno's lunch after I get him settled!


And I'll take the last one of these EVER! Because he's a Senior, you see... and if everything goes well this year, he'll be graduating in MAY, 2013! WOW!

And again... WOW!

CONTEST! CONTEST! CONTEST! - This is my 994th post for A Simple Life. The countdown continues!

The Contest will be simple. The rules are as follows:

Beginning today, leave your NAME followed by the word "CONTEST" in the Comment Section of A Simple Life, e-mail me (mfaulkner1306@charter.net) or go to my Facebook page.

You can enter the Contest ONCE A DAY (each and every day including Saturdays AND Sundays) until Thursday, August 30 at midnight. (Your name could be put into the drawing bowl a total of 8 times between now and Thursday, August 30!)

I will write my 1,000th post Friday morning, August 31.

I will draw from a HUGE BOWL of names, and a winner will be announced the morning of Friday, August 31.

The winner will receive a $15 Gift Certificate to one of the following restaurants:

1. Another Broken Egg
2. Original Pancake House
3. Olexa's
4. Lucia's Italian Restaurant in Helena

It will be Winner's Choice!

If you win and you live somewhere other than Alabama, you will win a $15 VISA Gift Card!

"May the odds be ever in your favor!"

(I'm going to be saying that for the next 5 POSTS!)

NEW THING! NEW THING! NEW THING! - I'm going to post one of my favorite posts each day from the past four years until August 31.

RANDOMNESS - Originally Posted May 25, 2011

Over the last five or six days, Mikie has had to take over the wifely/motherly duties of the household as my time has been spent hither and yon. He has done an excellent job. Laundry, dishes, ironing, more laundry, more dishes, herding teenagers, more laundry, keeping in touch with The Boy, keeping Roxie happy, reminding Josh of his daily grass cutting schedule, etc., etc., etc. (I did leave him a casserole to pop into the oven and a really good crock-pot meal. I didn’t want you to think I let them starve.)

But Mikie is tired. When he arrived home last night, the smells of Italian sausage lasagna (Stouffer’s) and garlic toast (minus the garlic… I forgot) greeted him at the door. I was dressed, coiffed and made up (mainly because Roxie and I had to attend a mandatory Volleyball meeting). He hugged me and said he appreciated me. All righty. Mission accomplished.

And then he asked the question I’ve been trying to figure out for years and years. “Where do all the dishes come from? It was just me, Roxie and Josh and we were gone during the middle of the day. But every night I had to wash three loads of dishes in the dishwasher.”

“I know. What’s up with that?” I eagerly responded. Finally, someone understood my pain.

“And the clothes. My goodness. How many different outfits do these kids where every day?”

“I know! I know! I’m not even giving them clean towels, rags, socks and underwear any longer. They just drip dry and go directly for the outerwear. But I’m still washing three loads a day!” I was getting excited now. He not only understood my pain, but he was willing to whine about it with me. Oh, yes!

“And have you noticed how a room looks when they leave. It’s like a bomb blew up. And I’m always telling them, ‘Pick up your mess. Pick up your mess.’ It’s just exhausting.” Okay. He was starting to get on my nerves a little now.

“Well, it isn’t that bad. They’re just messy teenagers. They do a good job on their chores. It won’t always be like this.” I countered.

“Are you kidding me? You don’t just tell them once… You have to tell them 100 times!” Mikie was starting to get hysterical, and I was contemplating slapping him.

He took a deep breath and told me what I already knew… “I don’t want your job.”

“Good. You’re fired,” I said in my best Donald Trump voice as I put a load of clothes in the washer, and I wondered aloud once again, “Where do all these dishes comes from?”

Blog Linkage

1. Go to www.kellehampton.com and read her beautifully written post about the night before starting kindergarten. (Have tissue nearby.)

2. Go to Confessions of a Pioneer Woman under My Blog List and read her post entitled "My Top Ten Favorite Baby Girl Names." While I love The Pioneer Woman (and I do really love her), I wasn't in total agreement with her list. (That has never happened before. I usually ALWAYS agree with anything and everything she does and says.) What do you think?

12 NEW-TO-ME Date Your Spouse Ideas

I'll let you know which ones I'm going to try!

1. Have a dance party in your living room and dance to your favorite songs from high school.

2. Borrow a movie from the library and make homemade stovetop popcorn while watching the classics. (It will have to be a recent classic. I rarely like black and white movies.)

3. Get dressed up in your most formal clothes and go to the coffee shop as if you’ve just been to a gala. (I would SO do this. It sounds like fun!)

4. Bring your camera and take photos together at the tourist spots around town.

5. Go to a new restaurant and split a decadent dessert.

6. Go swimming without the kids.

7. Read a book together (taking turns reading aloud).

8. If your Sweetie is working late, surprise him with dinner at the office. (I like this one, too. And I could actually do it very soon!)

9. Buy all the ingredients for a new dish, then make it together at home.

10. Go to a roller derby. (I wouldn't normally "go" for this one, but since we met some of the Roller Derby Girls at the Ovarian Cancer Walk in May, I would be more than willing to try it at least once. They were sweet and cute and feisty. Kind of like Roxie.)

11. Play with Legos. You can even have a competition to see who can make the most creative creation! (Believe it or not, I think I would like this one.)

12. Play croquet or badminton. (I loved playing croquet and badminton when I was kid. And I think I could beat the stew out of Mikie!)

Have a fabulous Thursday. I'll be back tomorrow with FIRST VOLLEYBALL GAME AS A SOPHOMORE PICTURES, Weekend Happenings, an oldie and more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda


I just thought I'd give you a little "extra" today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter