Thursday, July 27, 2017

5th Annual Lake Vacation (Lake Martin), My Favorite Things RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE, Blog Linkage AND Pinterest Stuff (Writing the Word)

Good Thursday afternoon!

RANDOMNESS - I didn't post we would be going on vacation these last few days, but we did and we are back now!

This is our fifth year to rent a house on a lake in Alabama with our immediate family.

The first year, we rented a house in Guntersville, and we decided it was a "go" as far as an annual thing was concerned, but we wanted to try a different house the next time. Just between you and me, if VRBO doesn't have pics of any of the bathrooms in a particular rental, there is usually a very good reason... and I don't want to talk about it any more.

The second year, we rented a beautiful new-to-us house in Guntersville, but two days before our vacation was to begin, we received a call from the owners telling us bed bugs were a leftover problem from the previous renters, and although they were going to "bug bomb" the house and the "bug man" assured them we would be "good to go," he didn't feel right about renting to us.

We greatly appreciated the head's up, and I found an available house the next day at Lake Guntersville.

There's a reason you book vacation rentals a year in advance... and I don't want to talk about it any more.

The next two years found us at Lake Logan Martin in a beautiful home that fit almost all of our needs. In fact, I was hoping we could go on renting this house year after year after year.

Last year when we pulled into the driveway, there was a For Sale sign in the yard... and I don't want to talk about it any more.

This year, I found a great house on Lake Martin, and I think it fit each and every need we had as a family of nine... and I do want to talk about it a little more!






Josh, Courtney and Judith rode down with us Thursday afternoon, and we unpacked and settled into our new digs.

The house was very unique...

Filled with antiques...

Collectibles of all kinds...

Beautiful inside and out.

I absolutely, positively loved it.


We even found a collection of old VHS tapes... AND a way to actually watch them!


We went on a boat ride as soon as we settled in, and Judith drove the boat for the second year in a row.


She was very "passenger aware" and kept looking to the back of the boat...

And that is why it is always good to have a co-captain when a two year-old takes the wheel.


We found a level place to set up the dishwashing/baby pool/bubble station, and Judith was good to go.






Lake hair aspirations.


Fish lip aspirations.


Roxie was finishing up her nine-week stint as a camp counselor at Camp Crestridge in North Carolina, and she was unable to join us this year.

Yeah.

I don't want to talk about it anymore.

Heavy sigh.






RT and his family showed up on Friday...


And he brought a Splash Pad to add to the Baby Pool Park.


The perfect addition.




We did some cookin'...




And some fishin'.


Oh...

And we did some smilin'.








Lots and lots of smilin'.


And then it was time for RT's first boat ride.


He was very, very safe...


And maybe a little unimpressed.

DISCLAIMER - Boat is tied to the dock and not moving at all.

Also, six adults were standing in a semi-circle around him.




No words.


Judith loved feeding the geese...

Or as she called them, "The big ducks."




DISCLAIMER - No life jacket at that particular moment, but water is clear and about three feet deep.

Also, not counting Courtney, three adults standing right there watching, watching, watching.






This was one of my favorite things at the house. You could wash dishes and look out this giant window into a hummingbird garden. At any give time, you could see one, two...

Up to six hummingbirds flitting about and having fun.

You could also watch them and NOT do dishes. Just depended on your mood.

It was a very good trip. I would be lying if I told you it was perfect in every way, because it was not. (See tiny picture of Roxie on phone calling from North Carolina above!)

However, there were some very sweet moments, and some good memories made.

And I did not post the not-so-perfect pictures.

That will be for another time!

My Favorite Things RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE - I am starting a new heading today. It will pop up from time to time because my favorite things tend to change pretty often.

1. I love McDonald's Sugar Free French Vanilla Iced Coffee... like once a day... like five or six days a week. Depending on which McDonald's I purchase my cup of "iced joe" from on any particular day (Fultondale, Trussville, Gardendale, Cullman, North Birmingham, Homewood or Hayden), it costs between $2.08 and $2.41.

I'm starting a Go Fund Me page soon. Feel free to contribute often and much when that happens.

2. I love audio books. I spend a good deal of time in the car two or three times a week, and when that happens, I listen to audio books. All kinds of audio books.

In fact, I am so in love with audio books, I am replacing my I-pad at the gym (I watch Jimmy Fallon clips and old Johnny Carson shows, etc.) with a hand-held CD player as of tomorrow morning.

Hopefully, I will soon be one of those "well-read" people I so envy...

Or I may end up going back to Jimmy Fallon clips and old Johnny Carson shows.

We'll see how long this "favorite thing" lasts.

Blog Linkage - Go to www.creativehomekeeper.com and read this woman's blog. You will find an excerpt from it below under Pinterest Stuff. She loves being intentional about the important, eternal things and she has some wonderful ideas to share.

Pinterest Stuff

Writing the Word

(Excerpt from Creative Home Keeper Blog - Intentional Living for the Grace-Filled Life)

Sometimes I write just a verse or two, other times I am transposing whole passages of Scripture in my journal. Depending on the words or what God is revealing to me, I write them word for word, or I might paraphrase them into a prayer from deep within.

It doesn’t matter how I write, it’s the simple discipline of writing out the Word that is rapidly transforming my faith.

When God’s Word is flowing through my pen and spilling out onto my paper, it is no longer just a passive discipline to read the Word. I am fully immersed in it. Writing is slower than reading so I am able to marinade on each word longer. Truths I may miss from a read through are being highlighted in my brain and written out to completely grasp the mystery of the Gospel.

Some days I write a lot whereas other days I write a little, but there is no day when none of God’s Word is being written down. It’s a daily spiritual discipline that has drawn me closer to God.

Writing the Word is bringing my heart and mind closer to the throne of God.

This season, He has drawn me closer to Him through written words.

Do you write the Word on a consistent basis?

If not, may I suggest you start? You don’t have to write out whole or long passages, but just a verse or two to help you capture the main idea of what He is teaching you in your daily reading.

NOTE FROM THE ENCHANTING BELINDA - On Pinterest, I found a monthly scripture writing plan. Just SEARCH "Monthly Scripture Writing." Many, many options will appear since most months have not only general scripture references you can write each day, but some also have a topic for the month. For example, "Grace" or "Kindness," etc.

Have a fantastic rest of the week. I'll be back very soon with more!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter