Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Roxie - The College Chapter (Greek Sing 2016) AND Quotable Quotes

Good Thursday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Since the Nest emptied last August, I've been carefully sticking my toes into a little of this and a little of that. I want to make sure my time is spent wisely and is God-pleasing.

That being said, here are a few things (big and little) I've been trying/enjoying/working on these past few months...

1. Needlepoint - I am loving this crafty part of my life again. I still scrapbook a bit each and every day, but I have always enjoyed working with my hands. I'm making some new family Christmas stockings, so that is fun for me.

2. Estate Sales - I love going to estate sales, and I check websites every night to see what is "coming up" in the Metro Birmingham area. I have VERY specific things I am looking for, and so far, I have not deviated from the list.

Well, that may NOT be completely true.


Meet Eunice.

She is life-size.

There is no practical purpose for my fake Basset Hound, but I love her.

Inexplicably.

I really do.

And she goes from room to room to room as the mood hits me.

She belonged to a sweet lady's Grandmother who passed away. She and her cousins found her in the basement, and she has fun memories of this "dog" at her Grandmother's house when she was growing up.

I want Judith to have those same fun memories...

Or nightmares.

Just pick a word!

3. Nana-for-Hire - I am still enjoying this new chapter in my life. I am having a lot of fun with some very sweet kiddos.

4. Nana-for-REAL - Very cool. Very cool, indeed.



RANDOMNESS #2 - Roxie - The College Chapter (Greek Sing 2016) - Roxie tried out for her sorority Greek Sing team a few months back.

It is a competition, and the girls pick a theme...

And a bunch of songs to go with the theme...

And they choreograph a dance and perform it in the Arena at Auburn.

There were 17 teams competing, and although we didn't win, we were awesome!

The Chi O theme was "Wonderland."


Here are a few pictures from the actual routine. See if you can spot The Chick.




Miranda, Ellie, Roxie and A. C.


Roxie, Ellie and Ally.


A. C., Ellie, Bonnie Catherine, Miranda, Roxie, Ally and Emma.


Susan, Julianna, Roxie and Kathryn.

All the money raised for this event goes to Habitat for Humanity.

We went out to eat after Greek Sing and ate Mexican with Roxie and some of the girls...

So it was definitely a Dinner AND a Show AND a Charity kind of evening.

And when Mike and I crawled into bed around 1:15 this morning, it didn't bother us even a little bit!

Well, that may or may not be a little white lie...

But 1:15 in the morning or not, it was an excellent evening!

RANDOMNESS #3 - New Orleans - Day One - Mike had a business trip to New Orleans part of last week, and I was able to tag along.

It was thrilling, I tell you!

Thrilling!

Mike and I went to a LSU/Auburn game in Baton Rouge the first year we were married (28 years ago), and we stopped in New Orleans for about four or five hours.

And until last week, that was ALL of my New Orleans' experience.


Mike and I stopped for lunch in Meridian, Mississippi at the oldest restaurant in town.

It was casual dining with white linen tablecloths and great Southern cookin'.

Now that's a combination an Alabama girl can truly appreciate!


Instead of serving butter and bread, Weidmann's serves peanut butter and crackers.

Surprisingly, the lack of butter did not offend me at all.


Businesses all over Meridian have these decorated carousel horses in front of their storefront. The businesses purchase the horses and paint/decorate them any way they like before displaying them. The money goes to a local children's home/orphanage.



Mike and I drove all around and spotted six or seven of the horses, but with traffic and time being a factor, I was only able to photograph these two beauties.


When we arrived in New Orleans, we had a choice of a French Quarter view or a Mississippi River view.

I chose the French Quarter view because I like the lights at night.


However, we found out we could enjoy the Mississippi view from a different area of the hotel, so we had the best of both worlds.





Quotable Quotes "You define what is important to you by what you dedicate your time to." Anonymous

Have a great Thursday. I'll be back soon with Days Two, Three and Four of our little trip!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter