Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Nana B Stories, Quotable Quotes AND a Little More New Orleans

Good Tuesday evening!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Nana B Stories - I ran yesterday.

And when I say I ran yesterday...

I wasn't running from a rabid dog or a mean person.

I was running because a cute five year-old boy with a lopsided grin and fly-away hair challenged me to a race from his driveway, across an empty lot to the brick wall of their neighbor's house.

What can I say?

He threw down the gauntlet.

A five year-old boy gauntlet...

But a gauntlet nonetheless.

The good news is I didn't get out of breath at all.

The bad news is I think I may run like a 54 year-old woman now...

As opposed to the last time I ran...

When I was only 52, and I ran like a 52 year-old woman.

Needless to say, he won and he must have thought I had a chance of winning because he truly looked relieved each and every time he glanced over his shoulder to check my progress.

"You didn't let me win, did you?" he asked when I finally crossed the Finish Line.

"Nope. I don't believe in letting kids win just because they are kids," I replied.

And just from looking at his ear-to-ear grin, I feel pretty safe saying he didn't believe in letting 54 year-old women win just because they were 54 years-old.

If you see me loping around The Dale the next few days, just know I'm in training. I don't really have time to stop and talk to you and yours.

Unless, of course, you want to give me a ride back to wherever I parked The Big Gold Van.

And that would be lovely.

RANDOMNESS #2 - New Orleans - Day Two - Mike didn't have any meetings until Wednesday night, so our second day in New Orleans was spent walking, walking, walking.

And these are just a few of the things we saw...


I wasn't expecting all the palm trees. They were beautiful AND everywhere.


The horse-drawn carriages were all over the place, too.


I especially liked the fancy hooves...


And the beautiful flowers the horses wore behind their ears.


But my favorite thing was definitely the different street performers.


I call him "Silver Guy."


He could dance AND sing.


And I was super excited when Gold Guy came over to talk to Silver Guy for a few minutes.

It was obvious they were very good friends.


This performer was standing this way with no help from strings or invisible wires.

I call him "Stands at a Slanty Angle Guy."


One day, Guys.

This is on my Bucket List.


And this is Mighty Mike and the Mississippi.


We ate at Mother's for lunch because...

Well, World's Best Baked Ham.

And I am happy to report, the sign did not lie.


Mike and I found a Boutique Hotel on Bienville Avenue we liked very much.

It was beautifully decorated and had the most relaxing courtyard.



And just so you know, that isn't a fountain for the tossing of coins.

That is a "full-size" swimming pool.

Let's just say, we wouldn't be staying at the hotel for the swimmin'.


And this last pic from Day Two in New Orleans is our view out of our floor to ceiling windows.

And, yes.

That is an iron and ironing board.

My name is Belinda, and I am an ironer.

Even on vacation.

RANDOMNESS #3 - Just because I can, I'm going to share a few new Judith pics.


Judith and Aunt Melia.


Judith and Eunice...

Nana B's fake basset hound.


Judith in her Disney Princess Ball Pit.


Judith reading upside down.


I don't know what this face means...

But it scares me just a little!

Quotable Quotes - I found this little paragraph in my reading today. Ann Voskamp definitely has a way with words.

"Spend the whole of your one wild and beautiful life investing in many lives, and God simply will not be outdone. God extravagantly pays back everything we give away and exactly in the currency that is not of this world but the one we yearn for: Joy in Him."

I hope y'all have a blessed week, and I will talk to you soon.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter