Friday, January 8, 2016

Weekend Happenings, Quotable Quotes, Blog Linkage AND Pinterest Stuff (Best Games for Kids)

Good Friday afternoon!

NUGGETS AND TIDBITS #1 - Altar'd States at Brookwood is having a very large 50 percent off sale. The whole front of the store is on sale!

NUGGETS AND TIDBITS #2 - My new favorite Bath and Body Works "flavor" is French Lavender and Honey. It doesn't make Mikie sneeze.

NUGGETS AND TIDBITS #3 - We went to see The Martian at The Dollar Movie, and loved it.

It isn't for little kids (read Focus on the Family "Plugged In" for the word-for-word review), but Mike and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even though it is 2 hours and 22 minutes long, it doesn't feel that way.

Also, Matt Damon is wonderful. I wouldn't mind having him over for dinner one day.

RANDOMNESS #1 - I am going to finish Christmas pics today. Since I didn't get to go to the Oxford Christmas, I had to rely on Austin and Melia's new camera...

Which was wonderful.

Here are four more photos from that day!


Austin and Roxie.


Courtney in red.

Isn't she pretty?


Grandma, Grandpa and Matthew opening gifts.


Roxie and Sleeping Micah.

Now we can officially move on to JANUARY!

RANDOMNESS #2 - Judith turned one last week, but her party was held Sunday afternoon.

She doesn't look a day over 11 months, does she?



She was an expert icing eater.


With one year-olds, forks are not necessary.


We didn't let her have a smash cake AND one of the colored cupcakes.

That would have been a disaster, I think.


She handled the removal of the smash cake pretty well.

NOT.


Aunt Melia, Uncle Austin and Aunt Roxie.


Courtney, Pouty Judith and Josh.


Pop and Judith.


Nana B and Judith.

Quotable Quotes

"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny." C. S. Lewis

Another good one, Mr. Lewis!

Blog Linkage

Feeling bad about your dirty car? Go to Confessions of a Pioneer Woman under my Blog List and read today's post.

I promise...

You will feel better very, very soon.

Pinterest Stuff

Best Games EVER

The best games for toddlers

Goodnight Moon Game - A matching game based on our favorite Margaret Wise Brown book.

Hello Sunshine Game - A fun toddler game by Think Fun; hide and seek with the sunshine plush.

First Orchard - Toddlers cooperate to collect wooden fruits in a basket before the raven eats them.

The best games for preschoolers

Bingo - We especially love the picture bingo games made by eeBoo.

The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game - All the young children we know love playing this game!

Memory - I think eeBoo’s I Never Forget a Face matching game is the best one of it’s kind out there.

Richard Scary’s Busytown Eye Found It Game - Such a fun one!

The Fairy Tale Spinner Game - Encourages their imagination and storytelling with a game of make-your-own fairytales.

Spot It and Spot It, Junior Animals - My preschooler LOVES Spot It and actually prefers the regular version.

Hoot Owl Hoot - Kids cooperate to get the baby owls back to their nest in the center of the board.

Gobblet Gobblers - Like tic-tac-toe, but more fun. The pieces can gobble up other pieces!

The best games for school-age children

Suspend - Such a fun balancing game!

Ticket to Ride - Build train routes and travel around the country in what is one of the most popular board games ever.

Qwirkle - Match colors and shapes in this visually attractive strategy game. A new favorite in our family!

Sleeping Queens - This card game was an instant hit with both my kids and remains a favorite.

Uno - A classic and still a winner!

Skip Bo - A sequencing card game by the makers of Uno.

Spot It - A fast-paced matching game the kids love!

Okay. I've only heard of a handful of these, BUT I am going to Amazon as soon as I finish this post, and I am ordering First Orchard and Goodnight Moon Game...

And maybe Ticket to Ride.

I've heard a lot of good things about Ticket to Ride, and I might just add that to my Nana B Bag for the older kids.

Weekend Happenings

1. I am cooking a scrumptious dinner tonight. I don't know exactly what the menu will be, but I am in the mood to make something edible.

2. Tomorrow, everyone is going in different directions. I will be heading to Oxford for my great-nephew's 8th birthday party. Eight is such a huge number, isn't it?

3. We have church on Sunday and hopefully, some scrumptious leftovers from Friday night's awesome feast!

Or hot dogs.

Hot dogs sound really good, too.

Also, The Chick and her Dad will be going to a Mission Meeting at our church Sunday afternoon. She wants information on a couple of trips coming up in 2016. I am nervous AND excited...

But also very nervous.

Did I mention nervous?

Have a fun January weekend. I'll be back next Friday with some ideas for this wonderful, yet gray, season!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter