Friday, January 1, 2016

Weekend Happenings, Blog Linkage AND Pinterest Stuff (New Year's Resolutions)

Good Friday evening...

And HAPPY NEW YEAR!

RANDOMNESS #1 - As we all know by now, I am woefully behind in sharing Christmas pics and info.

As always, feel free to skip, skip, skip anything that doesn't interest you below.

Since we weren't getting together with Melia, Austin, Josh, Courtney and Judith to open gifts until 11:00 Christmas morning, I gave Roxie the option of waiting on her siblings OR going ahead and opening her "Santa" gifts as soon as she awoke.

She chose the latter, and while it was a different Christmas morning from the "old" norm, it wasn't a bad one at all.




When the others arrived, all eyes were on Judith...

And her new Alabama Roll Tide chair...

Aunt Melia and Uncle Austin bought her.

Mike had a very hard time having an Alabama chair in his Auburn house.

Very, very hard.






She wasn't impressed with the big box of diapers.

Not even a little bit.



It was a very good start to our day.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Christmas Day was spent at Grandmother's with my sister's family.


Judith took a nap immediately upon walking through the door.


When she awoke, she had lunch in the most comfortable way possible.

Ahhh.

To be a baby again.



Grandmother's tree.


Judith in a box.


Beautiful Katie.


Aunt Roxie showing Judith the art of blowing bubbles.


One of Bev's gifts.

I have to admit, I don't know if this is a piece of clothing or a blanket.

I take pictures, but I don't always pay attention.


MamMa holding Judith.

In March, Judith will officially be MamMa's first great-great-grandchild.

How cool is that?


We had a gingerbread house decorating contest. Tommy was the judge, and while everyone didn't agree with his final choice (Austin, Josh, Courtney, Brad, T. J., Roxie and Katie), Stephanie, Melia and Zac were very pleased.


Katie and T. J.

This was their first "married" Christmas.


Melia and Austin.

Christmas Number Two!


We passed this guy on our way home Friday afternoon.

I feel his body language adequately says it all.

RANDOMNESS #3 - There's a new Faulkner in town. He goes by the name of Tucker, and he is a rescue dog from Blount County. Roxie filled out the paperwork and adopted this little guy the Saturday after Christmas, and we have been having fun ever since. Tucker is sweet, cuddly and all boy. The three things you want in a pup.




He will live in Gardendale when Roxie is away at school, of course, but he is HER dog...

And he knows it.

Blog Linkage - Click on Confessions of a Pioneer Woman under My Blog List and read her newest post entitled, "Brilliant Suggestions by Ree." Being a native Alabamian, I have no real understanding of ice, snow, power outages, etc., for days and days and days on end...

And that's okay.

I could probably teach The Pioneer Woman a few things about 1,000,000 percent humidity.

Check with me in July!

Pinterest Stuff

New Year's Resolutions

I am not a big "resolution-makin' girl," but I found these on Pinterest and I like them...

Break a bad habit.
Learn a new skill.
Do a good deed.
Visit a new place.
Read a difficult book.
Write something important.
Try a new food.
Do something good for someone who cannot thank you.
Take an important risk.

I like them a lot!

Also, I am in the process of choosing my "word" for 2016. I hope to be able to share it with you next week.

Weekend Happenings

1. I had a Nana B job this first day of January, 2016, and it was a lovely way to start the New Year. Watching two sweet baby girls who like to play, cuddle and play some more is my idea of time well spent.

2. On Saturday, I am meeting Courtney and Miss Judith for a dress fitting and a little chick time. Since Christmas is over, it is time to concentrate on a wedding that will be here before you know it!

3. On Sunday, we will ALL be celebrating Judith's first birthday as a family...

And I am very excited.

There are not many things more fun than a first birthday party. Bright colors, lots of kids, cake, juice boxes...

And I am not hosting. I get to take pictures and enjoy an iced coffee and kiss on babies as they crawl/toddle/walk past me on their way to something better.

Could this possibly be one of the grandparent perks I've heard so much about over the years?

Hmmm.

I'll let you know next week.

Have a blessed weekend. I'll be back next Friday with the last of the Christmas pics, Judith birthday pics and more.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. I had no specific place to add these pics above, but I liked them.

Roxie and Josh.

Together again.


Micah and Mackenzie.

Great-nephew and great-niece in every sense of the word.


Courtney in red.

So pretty.


Judith, Pooh and Pop...

In that order!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter