Friday, September 20, 2013

Weekend Happenings, Autumn Pretzel Hugs Recipe, Thumbtack Pumpkin Devotion

Good Friday morning!

I'll go ahead and tell you now... This is going to be a short, yet informative, post. I don't have a lot of time, so we'll just go ahead and get started.

RANDOMNESS #1 - I went to a Girls' Craft Night last night and had the best time. I made coasters... out of tiles and napkins... and it was super complicated... but I did a great job.


The coasters say, "My holiday outfit hides a multitude of sins."

I like that in a coaster.

My friend, Suzann, had these napkins, and since I thought they were cute (AND I had brought the wrong kind of paper), she let me use her napkins. To be honest, I think her coasters turned out much better than mine.

But I'm not bitter.

Because that would be wrong.

And I try extra hard not to be bitter while attending Sunday School functions.

I don't always succeed, but I do try.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman, wrote a new cookbook for the holidays. The cookbook comes out in October, and Ree will be in Birmingham Tuesday, November 26.

I'm planning on being there... again.

We became very close and personal BFFs the last time she came to town, so I'm anxious to see her and see how everyone on the ranch is doing.



I'm wearing my Pioneer Woman "shirt" in the above pictures. I will wear that shirt again this year... because she will recognize me in a crowd... and will probably ask me to come to the front of the line... because she'll recognize the shirt, you see.

Back in the day, I had a Barry Manilow "blouse" and I wore it to every Barry Manilow concert I attended (five total, I think).

He never called me up on stage, but by Concert #3, I realized I had a little more personal security than most fans.

I think they recognized the blouse... and added me to the "Fan/Stalker File."

And that's as close as I ever came to Mr. Manilow!

Autumn Pretzel Hugs

I've posted this recipe before (Pretzel Hugs), but I made the Pinterest version for last night's Sunday School party.

You will need the following:

Circle Pretzels
Bag of Hershey's Hugs
Bag of Candy Corn

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Align pretzels on the sheet.

3. Unwrap Hugs and place one on each pretzel.

4. Stick in the oven until the Hugs begins to melt down (about 4 to 5 minutes).

5. While the Hugs are melting in the oven, get your candy corn ready because you will have to move quickly once the pretzels are out of the oven.

6. Remove Pretzel Hugs from oven and gently press a candy corn down on each one. The Hug should flatten out when you press the candy corn on it. If it is not flattening out, place the Pretzel Hugs back in the oven for 30 more seconds.

7. Let the Pretzel Hugs cool completely and let the chocolate set for about 10 minutes in the refrigerator.



Pretty cute, huh?

Thumbtack Pumpkin Devotion



You will need the following:

Three Pumpkins (to stack)
Decorative Thumbtacks

Devotion - “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:14-15

Joshua was faithful to the Lord, and as long as he lived, Israel followed the Lord with their whole heart.

However, after Joshua died, the men of Israel began marrying women from other countries who worshipped other gods.

The Bible says, “I am the LORD, and there is no one else, there is no God beside me.” Isaiah 45:5

Slowly but surely, the more Israel worshipped other gods, they were unable to follow the one true God on their own.

Like the Israelites, we are not able to serve the Lord on our own. Even though God is faithful, we are constantly unfaithful and practice idolatry. We may not worship other gods, but we sometimes put other things in front of God... like sports, or spending time with our friends or wanting to stay home on Sunday morning to do other things instead of going to church to worship God.

Before Joshua died, he said, “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!”

God should always, always comes first.

Our first pumpkin has a big “G” on the front. Let’s put thumbtacks on the big “G.”

The second pumpkin has a big “O” on the front. Let’s put thumbtacks on the big “O.”

The third pumpkin has a big “D” on the front. Let’s put thumbtacks on the big “D.”

Let’s put this together in a way pleasing to God.

“D” goes on the bottom.

“O” goes on top of “D.”

“G” goes on top of “O.”

That spells “GOD.”

When someone comes to your house and they see your stacked pumpkins, they might ask you why it spells “GOD,” and you can tell them...

“As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

End in prayer.

Weekend Happenings

1. Okay. I asked Mike if we could have another nice, fun little date like we did last week when we visited Pepper Place. He said, "Leave it to me."

And later in the day he asked me if I would go see a movie with him.

As we all know, I LOVE movies so I agreed.

He wants to take me to see World War Z. It's at the Dollar Movie.

It's about zombies.

And not walking, slow zombies.

Super fast, running zombies.

I don't like scary movies... and while I'm not 100 percent certain, I'm thinking a movie with fast, running zombies chasing Brad Pitt is probably not a romantic comedy.

I can hardly wait.

2. Roxie is taking the ACT Saturday morning. Josh is watching football Saturday morning, afternoon and evening. Austin is working in Anniston and Jacksonville.

I haven't asked Mikie what he's doing, but I'm sure I'm going to be exhausted from having stayed up all night having nightmares about fast, running zombies.

In between naps, I'm going to be getting everything ready for Roxie's 17th Birthday Celebration which is scheduled for Sunday afternoon.

3. After church, there's going to be a big family get-together in honor of Miss Roxie. She's afraid she isn't going to get anything she asked for because I've done a great job of telling her everything she wants is too expensive, not necessary or cannot be found.

I think she's going to be pleasantly surprised.

The following are just some family pics taken last year at Roxie's Sweet 16 Family Party. Personally, I think she's aging very well.


Austin, Roxie and Melia.


Grandma, Roxie and Grandpa.


Roxie and Mikie.

I hope you have a marvelous weekend. (I hope I do, too!) I'll be back Monday with Roxie Birthday Pics, Randomness and another DEVOTION FROM THE PUMPKIN PATCH.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

1 comment:

Site Meter