Friday, January 18, 2013

Weekend Happenings, Blog Linkage, Valentine's Day Dates for Kids OR Honey

Good Friday morning!

I had to replace the cat picture. I couldn't take it any more. Every time I checked the blog this week, I thought I was in the wrong place.

Snow is much more appropriate. I actually like snow.

RANDOMNESS #1 - I'm going to go ahead and post the obligatory January basketball pictures. Along with snow pictures, dog pictures and sleeping kid pictures, basketball pics seem to be what I do best these days. (Or should I say "most.")


If this one looks like Roxie is sneaking into position, you are right. She gets in her position, and sometimes they throw her the ball and sometimes she makes three-pointers. On this particular night, she made three.

We were happy, happy, happy.



Just a little dribbling picture. I must always include a little dribbling picture.



I didn't notice this one until after the game. Look at Taylor's foot.

I know. It made me shudder, too. But there was nothing wrong with her ankle. Everything was fine. It wasn't even twisted.

Oh, to be young again, and to have a little flexibility. (However, I don't think I had that much flexibility when I was two... much less 17.)

RANDOMNESS #2 - Since everyone was home last night because of the Blizzard of 2013, we watched two nights of American Idol... back to back.

Just so you know, that's a lot of American Idol.

I always watch some of the audition Idols, but I don't watch much (if any) of the competition Idols.

I'm funny that way.

I have just a couple of observations from last night's viewing.

Ms. Carey and Ms. Minaj need to get over themselves just a wee bit. I have never seen two more self-absorbed women in my entire life.

I feel so sorry for Keith Urban having to sit between the two, but I have a feeling if he wasn't appreciating Nicole Kidman enough BEFORE American Idol, he will certainly be appreciating her AFTER American Idol.

It will probably make their marriage even stronger... so that would be a good thing.

RANDOMNESS #3 - If you don't live in the South, you may have heard about The Great Blizzard of 2013 on national or even international news last evening.

As I type, the white stuff is quickly disappearing (less than 12 hours later).

But while it was here, it was lovely.


Please notice the brake lights on the car in front of me. I wasn't snapping pictures while driving. I was at a complete and total stop.

Promise.



I know what you're thinking. "Why does Roxie have a giant box of Flavor Blasted Goldfish tucked under her arm?"

Fun fact for you... Roxie ALWAYS has a giant box of Flavor Blasted Goldfish tucked under her arm. It is her snack of choice, and wherever she goes you will find a couple of stray Flavor Blasted Goldfish AND the giant box.

Oh! And she's catching snowflakes.



I took these pictures after everyone arrived home, safe and sound.



So quiet and peaceful. Ahhh.

I mean, OUTSIDE was quiet and peaceful. INSIDE was rather rowdy.

Blog Linkage - I have some new sites for you to visit.

1. Go to www.holdenonbaby.com and read the post entitled "What January Looks Like" dated January 16. This chick (and five others) are going to do a "day-in-the-life" picture post each month this year featuring their families.

I love stuff like this, and I thought maybe some of you would like it, too.

2. Go to www.gingerandjon.blogspot.com and read the post entitled "What Our January Looks Like" dated January 16. She's part of the "day-in-the-life" project, too. It's more of the same, but different.

3. Go to Six Sisters' Stuff under My Blog List and read today's post entitled "50 More Delicious Super Bowl Snacks and Party Foods." Have some recipe cards handy!

Valentine's Day Dates for Your Kids OR Your Honey

This is my Pinterest contribution for today.

1. Curl up with your date and a good book at the library. (I would have enjoyed doing this with one of the kids. Just gather a big bunch of Valentine's Day books from the shelves, find a bean bag or comfortable corner in the library and read, read, read.)

2. Make it a double feature at the movie theater. You pick one movie and your date chooses the other. (I would love a double feature. Mikie... not so much. But this might work for you and yours.)

3. Bundle up and head to the zoo for the afternoon. (I would love this. I've never been to the zoo in the middle of winter, but I bet it would be fun on a sunny winter afternoon. And I wonder if there are many people there? We may try this one.)

4. Deck yourselves out in your favorite team’s apparel and catch a basketball game. (We do this two or three times a week, so it isn't necessarily date material for The Faulkner Five, but your family might be different.)

5. Spend some time in the kitchen making chocolate-covered strawberries. (I haven't done this before. I know I like eating chocolate-covered strawberries, and I'm pretty sure I would like making them with one of the kids or Mike. I'm going to put this one on the list, too.)

Weekend Happenings

Believe it or not, NOTHING is planned for this weekend.

The guys have to work a little.

Roxie has to shop a little.

We'll go to church a little. (Well, not "a little." We'll go the normal amount of time!)

Other than Roxie's basketball game tonight, we are as free as a breeze.

But Monday is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day AND WE ARE OUT OF SCHOOL. I'm thinking we may need to do something exciting... something fun... something extraordinary.

Who am I kidding. We'll probably sit around in our pajamas all day watching Psych reruns... and that will be lovely, too.

Have a terrific weekend. I hear there is going to be sunshine in the Alabama area. And that's a very good thing. I'm going to try one or two new recipes this weekend, so I may be sharing those Monday.



I won this pasta box/crate/package at a Dirty Santa Party, and I cannot wait to start using the contents. Actually, I stole it. I didn't know if the original "winner" would truly appreciate the contents of that box in the same manner I would.



Especially this Sea Salt. It isn't American Sea Salt or European Sea Salt. It is Sicilian Sea Salt.

In my head, that HAS to be so much better.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter