Friday, July 20, 2018

Sixth Annual Lake Vacation AND Restaurant Review (Brixx Pizza)

Good Friday evening!

Restaurant Review - Mike and I recently went to Brixx Pizza (located behind The Galleria), and it was delicious. They have a good-sized menu, but we stuck with the basic 10" pizza. I had the Hawaiian pizza with the olive oil base, and I'm going to step out on a limb here...

I think it is my new favorite Hawaiian pizza.

I am not kidding.

It was just that good.

Mike had a meat/mushroom combo with the tomato base, and he was equally satisfied.

We had the S'mores pizza for dessert, and like every other dessert with the word "s'mores" included in it, I declared it to be divine!

As with most of my Restaurant Reviews, I am aware everyone within a 100-mile radius has probably already been there and done that, but just on the off chance you haven't tried it yet, Brixx is worth the drive from Gardendale!

RANDOMNESS - Sixth Annual Lake Vacation - This is the second year in a row we have gone to Lake Martin in Equality, Alabama. It was also the second year in a row to stay at this particular house. If the nine of us sat down and weighed all the pros and cons, I think we might come to the conclusion we had a pretty good time!

At least, that is what I choose to believe.


Judith likes to kiss AND talk at the same time...

Which is such an endearing quality in a three year-old, don't ya think?


Aunt Ro trying to explain to a little girl what "quiet time" means...

In a very animated fashion.








Roxie's roommate and sweet friend, Nat, came to the Lake with us this year. They haven't seen each other at all this summer, so catch-up time on the dock was necessary.


Baby pools at the Lake?




Baby pools ALWAYS.


All the guys caught nice-sized fish...

This size or even a little bit bigger.




Judith tubed for the first time EVER. This year was on the slow side, but next year we'll crank it up just a little.

And when I say "just a little," that's exactly what I mean!

No hair blowing the first couple of summers. It's a good rule.








A boat ride, no matter how bumpy, puts the grand-tots to sleep in a matter of seconds.

Judith is asleep in this pic because we had already been out on the water when we received a call to pick RT and family up at the dock.


There are more "sleep" pics toward the bottom of the post. You'll see what I mean!


Midst all of the water play, Judith and I took a little time to be creative with Play-Doh.

I think Play-Doh is one of her love languages. She plays with it until I put it away, and then she tries to play with it a little more.

Forty uninterrupted minutes of play for a three year-old ain't bad!


The best invention since...

I don't know.

Since EVER!

It has to be the water balloons you can blow up AND tie in a matter of seconds on the end of the hose.

Less than two minutes to blow up 100 water balloons!

I want to meet the person who figured this out and kiss him right on the mouth.


Toddlers like water balloons just to throw out of the pool.

They don't try to hit you in your face.

They don't strategize how hard they have to throw to make you cry.

They just love standing in a baby pool full of water balloons and tossing them out of the pool onto the ground in front of them.

It is so non-violent of them.


When the toddlers got tired of the baby pools, Melia and Austin set up the little splash pad.


You automatically get another 30 to 40 minutes of water play when you set up the little splash pad.




Automatically.








I am happy to report everyone in our family knows where their belly is located.


And now we're back in the boat!

Don't let the pic fool you. There are exactly six hands right outside the shot ready to scoop him up if he starts moving...

But he isn't going anywhere.

Little Man has the need for speed.






ONE...


TWO...


THREE!


See what I mean?






I'm calling this "Girls of Summer."


Three guesses what I'm calling this one.

Okay. Lake Vacation Number Six is in the books. I hope you and yours have a very relaxing weekend. That's my plan, too.

Talk to you soon.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. This particular house is really pretty, but the attention to detail is amazing. Here are just a few pics of a very FEW of the many, many special "things."















1 comment:

  1. I know you know.. but having vacation time with your kids and their kids is a great thing. I've tried to arrange vacay with the grown up children and the grands, but I always get the same response, "we want to do our own family vacation and make our own memories." Not sure how to interpret that other than maybe our own family vacations were lackluster. Oh well. I live vicariously through your wonderful pics. Looks like a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter