Monday, January 15, 2018

Quotable Quotes, Blog Linkage, Italian Chicken Bowls, Crockpot Hot Vanilla, Little Man Had a Birthday, That Time We Went to Top Golf Without Reservations and Ended Up at the Bowling Alley AND Cousin Love

Good Monday afternoon!

I have had a very nice, cold January weekend, and I am not being sarcastic.

I love me some good winter weather as long as there is a very good heat source when I sit down to sip a piping hot cup of lavender and honey tea.

Without the heat source and/or the cup of tea, I, along with everyone else in Alabama, would much prefer spring or fall temps.

Since we've dispensed with the obligatory "weather" conversation, let's move on to the post, shall we?

I'm going to do the Randomness and the pics at the end of the post again. I may decide to do it this way from now on, but as of this moment, I am still undecided.

Quotable Quotes - Since RT had a Peter Pan-themed birthday party recently, I decided to share the quote Melia used on the back of his invites. I've always loved it!

"Little boys should never be sent to bed. They always wake up one day older." Peter Pan

I wholeheartedly agree with Peter.

Blog Linkage

1. Go to Nesting Place under My Blog Linkage and read her last post entitled, "3 Hardworking Pieces For Every Home." I especially like the ladder with throws for the porch or covered deck area.

2. Go to Confessions of a Pioneer Woman under My Blog Linkage and take a look at her last post entitled, "And I Would Caulk Five Hundred Tiles."

Aren't those bathrooms going to be beautiful? Staying in the new Boarding House is way up there on my Bucket List.

I'll let you know when I plan on going, and maybe we can carpool!

Italian Chicken Bowls

You will need the following:

1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons basil
2 teaspoons marjoram
2 teaspoons rosemary
2 teaspoons thyme
1 teaspoon paprika
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
1 small red onion, chopped
1 cup plum tomatoes
1 medium zucchini, chopped
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 to 4 cups cooked rice of choice (optional)

1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.

2. In a small bowl, mix salt, pepper, basil, marjoram, rosemary, thyme and paprika.

3. Place the chicken and veggies in the baking dish. Sprinkle all the spices and garlic evenly over the chicken and veggies. Drizzle with the olive oil.

4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is cooked, and veggies are slightly charred.

5. Broil 1 to 2 minutes to brown chicken.

6. Place 1/2 or 1 cup of cooked rice of choice into 4 individual meal prep containers.

7. Divide chicken and veggies evenly on top of the rice.

8. Cover and store in the fridge for 3 to 5 days or serve for dinner!

NOTE - I have made this twice now, and the second time I used a small packet of Zesty Italian Seasoning in place of all of the spices named above. It was delicious both times.

Crockpot Hot Vanilla Recipe

You will need the following:

5 cups milk
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup hot water
6 to 7 teaspoons vanilla
2 to 3 cinnamon sticks

1. Combine sugar and hot water in large pan. Stir, and bring to gentle boil.

2. Transfer mixture to crockpot. Add milk, cinnamon sticks and vanilla.

3. Stir, then cook on high for 2 hours (or low for 4 hours).

4. Pour into mugs, then top with whipped cream and sprinkle cinnamon on top of the whipped cream!

I made this for the last two Christmas Eve Family Brunch's I've hosted, and it has been a pretty big hit.

This recipe only serves five, so feel free to double it because several people may want seconds.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Little Man Had a Birthday - That's right. It has already been a year since RT came to be, and what a sweet year it has been.




Mimi gets the "Most Photogenic Grandparent Award." So pretty.


Since it was a Peter Pan Party, pirate mustaches were a must.


Courtney and Judith wore them well...


As did Zac.




The Smash Cake was a hit.

He didn't so much "smash" it as "savor it leisurely using only one finger."








Don't think for a minute RT didn't inform Sawyer, "The green cupcakes for the guests are at the table over to my left, Bro."














I think play time with Judith, Sawyer and RT went very well. There was a lot of passing by each other, pat-pat-patting on the heads and no fighting.

That's highly successful for a three, eighteen months and one year-old, I think.

RANDOMNESS #2 - That Time We Went to Top Golf Without Reservations and Ended Up at the Bowling Alley - Roxie planned a family trip to Top Golf for the Sunday before she went back to school. We aren't golfers, but we were all game, and even excited once we went into the new facility...

Where we learned about reservations being highly recommended 72 hours prior to arrival.

That was okay.

We are much better bowlers...

And with Spring Break just around the corner, I think we can make Top Golf happen in the near future.








Full disclosure...

There's an adult hand on the bottom of Judith's bowling ball.

I didn't want you to think she had super-human strength or anything.


It didn't matter if she hit one pin or all of the pins, RT was a great cheerleader for his Momma.








The serious pic...


And the happy pic.


Judith trying to quickly order pizzas before we left the Bowling Alley.


And Uncle Austin promising her we could order pizza next time.

RANDOMNESS #3 - Cousin Love - Judith and I recently visited Sawyer at Beebo's house, and we had a very sweet time.







I hope you and yours have a most wonderful week.

Talk to you soon.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter