Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Tucker Pics, Roxie Pics, Other New Pics AND Peach Crunch Cake

Good Tuesday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - I posted on Instagram a little over a week ago that Tucker was getting a "procedure."

What I didn't post on Instagram was his pre-procedure bath.






And what I didn't post about his pre-procedure bath...

He was not very cooperative.

He would NOT sit when asked in the bath.

All the shaking-off-of-the-water that ensued in the 30 minutes or so it took to bathe him left Roxie covered in black Tucker hair.

I'm not exaggerating this time.

She was COVERED.

YUCK!

Tucker may soon be sporting a very short buzz cut.

RANDOMNESS #2 - In case you didn't know, THIS happened a little over a week ago.




Meet my new great-nephew, Sawyer...

A boy born to Brad and Stephanie.

I think they make very beautiful babies, but I may be a little biased.

RANDOMNESS #3 - And I guess it is only fitting because I was SO very happy with the birth of Sawyer, that a little sadness had to enter the picture, too.

We moved Roxie to Auburn last week, and while I can testify it wasn't nearly as heart wrenching and difficult as the Freshman Move a year earlier, it still was not a happy and joyous occasion for me...

The All-Important Maternal Unit.


Roxie, on the other hand, appears very happy...

And joyous.

I will try to forgive her for feeling that way.

Or maybe not.


I thought we had packed a HUGE amount of stuff.


Compared to some of the other girls, this was just a drop in a very little bucket.


We arrived early, but because of a little room mix-up, we couldn't move into Roxie's specific room right away.

It worked out well, because while we waited to get in, we went to Niffer's.

It was a good choice, and next year we plan on eating there again.

Excellent hamburgers and corn fritters, by the way.

I kid you not.

NOTE - By the way, are any of you loving Mikie's beard?

I told him the other day it really ages him, and he agreed.

Do you want to know his reasoning behind keeping it?

Do you?

When he shaves it in the hopefully near future, he will instantly appear VERY, VERY young.

The worst part of this plan...

He is absolutely right.

I am livid...

And wondering how I would look without eyebrows.

Yeah.

That's what I thought, too.

Anyway...


When we did get to move into Roxie's room, everything fell into place.

She planned/designed a white and gold room, and unlike last year when I questioned everything she said and/or picked out, I just went with the flow.

Moroccan tea lights were not on my list...

But see how wrong I would have been!


And the antique gold lamp I bought at an estate sale for her room at home a few months ago...

I would never have thought about taking that either.


So it appears it was a good thing I went with the flow...

Because apparently The Chick kinda new what she was talking about.

More room pictures forthcoming!

Something to look forward to in the very near future.

Peach Crunch Cake

You will need the following:

1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
1 package yellow cake mix
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup toffee bits
1 stick butter, cut into small pieces
Vanilla ice cream

1. Spread peach filling in a 9" x 9" baking pan.

2. Pour dry cake mix on top of fruit filling. Swirl with a knife until cake mix is just moistened.

3. Sprinkle with nuts and toffee bits.

4. Dot with butter.

5. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.

6. Serve with a scoop of ice cream.


I made it last night.

Pretty good stuff!

Have a great Tuesday. I'll talk to you in a few.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter