Thursday, June 30, 2016

Easy Baked Ravioli, Mikie's Father's Day, Back Popping AND Facebook Stuff (Nine Amazing Places to Stay Overnight in Alabama)

Good Thursday evening!

RANDOMNESS #1 - We celebrated Mike's Father's Day this past Sunday at AllSteak in Cullman. Everyone in our immediate family was able to attend, so that was the best part as far as I was concerned.

And even on Father's Day, I am the one you want to make happy.

Am I right?


We found out Judith is a fan of their Orange Fluff...

Which means we'll be having Orange Fluff at Nana B's house on a regular basis now.


Austin and Josh were both given the traditional Father's Day tie from me and Mikie. I doubt we'll give them Father's Day gifts every year from now on since they aren't OUR fathers, but it seemed like the right thing to do for their very first official Father's Day.






I think Mikie's a very blessed man.


Judith is a pro when it comes to waving good-bye...

And giving kisses...

And playing in puddles...

And running barefoot through the grass.

And just generally making us feel very, very happy.

All of which I think is listed in her Job Description under "What Does a Baby Bring to the Table?"

RANDOMNESS #2 - Yesterday I was a little stiff.

Not unlike I felt this past Monday, Tuesday...

Or 2015.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of mentioning it to The Chick, and she assured me she could "pop" my back and I would feel much, much better.

I don't know what went wrong in my mature-almost-55-year-old mind, but after a few minutes of explaining and coaxing from The Chick, I found myself facedown on the den floor.

Voluntarily, mind you.

Definitely voluntarily.

She then proceeded to apply pressure with both hands ever so slowly on my back.

I don't know if what I felt was pain, but I didn't hear the FOUR pops in my back because of the bellowing...

My bellowing.

Roxie sat back and grinned. "There! How do you feel?"

I was unable to answer right away because of the collapsed lung, but after half an hour or so, I was able to stand and sit and walk around unassisted.

"Are you still stiff?" she asked before I went to bed.

"Oh, yeah," I replied. "Still stiff. But it's okay. Stiff is good. Stiff is doable. Stiff is who I am at this particular stage of life."

What I didn't tell her...

I really wasn't as stiff.

However, the trauma of becoming less stiff is lodged in my brain somewhere, and I doubt I will EVER allow anyone to de-stiff me again.

Ever.

Especially a 19 year-old chiropractor wanna be...

No matter how cute!

I'm going to file this little story under "Lesson Learned."

Easy Baked Lasagna

You will need the following:

25 ounces frozen cheese ravioli (keep the pasta frozen)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups spaghetti sauce
Parmesan cheese, to taste

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

2. Pour 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a 9" x 13" dish. Layer with half of the frozen ravioli and half of the mozzarella cheese.

3. Layer the other half of the frozen ravioli, remaining cup of spaghetti sauce and remaining cup of mozzarella cheese over top.

4. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

5. Bake, covered with aluminum foil, for 30 minutes. Remove tin foil and continue to cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Sometimes I will turn the oven up to broil at the very end for a minute to brown the top a little bit more, but that's not necessary.

NOTE FROM ENCHANTING BELINDA - I am going to add a layer of browned and seasoned ground chuck, AND a layer of canned Italian-style chopped tomatoes next time. Not because it wasn't good, but because I want to play with the recipe a little bit!

Facebook Stuff

Nine Amazing Places to Stay Overnight in Alabama Without Breaking the Bank

1. AnchorLight Bed and Breakfast - 251 County Road 881, Crane Hill, Alabama 35053 - AnchorLight Bed and Breakfast is one of Alabama's most unique bed and breakfast inns. After all, it's not every day you see a bed and breakfast that resembles a light house. AnchorLight Bed and Breakfast is located on Smith Lake and is open year-round. Guests can stay in its popular T. S. Fowler Room for $150 per night.

2. Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa - 4000 Grand Avenue, Birmingham, Alabama 35226 - This amazing resort is perfect for a romantic getaway. It offers everything from a luxurious spa to a championship golf course. It has a nightly rate of $199 and is more than worth it!

3. Floating Cabins - Lake Guntersville - These family-friendly cabins literally float on the water. They're located at Spring Creek Marina, not far from Wintzell's Oyster House. The average nightly rate to rent one of these cabins is $83.

4. Malaga Inn – 359 Church Street, Mobile, Alabama 36602 - The Malaga Inn connects two townhouses that were built in 1862. This historic inn offers 39 private rooms and suites, and it has a nightly rate that's as little as $108.90.

5. The Jack Warner at NorthRiver - 2700 Yacht Club Way Northeast, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35406 - The Jack Warner at NorthRiver is an upscale hotel that's located within 20 minutes of the University of Alabama campus. It features 55 rooms, and on the property sits four tennis courts and a picnic area. There's also a golf course nearby. Guests can stay at this hotel for a nightly rate of $169.

6. The Westin Huntsville - 6800 Governors West, Huntsville, Alabama 35806 - The Westin Huntsville is surrounded by Bridge Street Town Centre which is one of Alabama's top shopping destinations. It offers 210 beautiful guest rooms and an indoor/outdoor pool. For $199 per night, you'll definitely get what you pay for when you stay at this amazing hotel!

7. The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa - 26 North Royal Street, Mobile, Alabama 36602 - Located in downtown Mobile and built in 1908, this historic hotel features 238 guest rooms and suites with a nightly rate of $169. It's the perfect place to stay if you plan to spend a lot of time in Mobile's Downtown Historic District.

8. The Secret Bed & Breakfast Lodge (Treehouse) - 2356 Alabama 68 West, Leesburg, Alabama 35983 - The Secret Bed & Breakfast Lodge is located on top of Lookout Mountain and is the perfect place for an overnight stay. The Treehouse includes a queen bed and a Jacuzzi with a shower. At only $125 per night, you'll enjoy incredible views and be reminded of your childhood if you choose to stay overnight in the Treehouse.

9. Winston Place Bed & Breakfast - 353 Railroad Avenue, Valley Head, Alabama 35989 - If you book a room at Winston Place Bed & Breakfast, you'll be staying at one of Alabama's most beautiful antebellum mansions. This bed and breakfast is located between Chattanooga, Birmingham and Atlanta, and the nightly rates start at $149.

NOTE FROM ENCHANTING BELINDA - I have stayed at The Westin Huntsville and it is wonderful. Perfect for one night or an entire weekend. I've also seen the Malaga Inn in Mobile AND The Jack Warner at NorthRiver. They are both on my "list."

Y'all have a great Thursday. I'll talk to you soon.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter