Thursday, May 5, 2016

New Orleans (Day Four)... The Final Day... Finally, Judith's First Spend the Night at Nana B's, The Chick's Spring Formal AND Blog Linkage

Good Wednesday evening!

RANDOMNESS #1 - I would like to start this post by telling you some of the many reasons I enjoy attending Estate Sales.

I love exploring different neighborhoods.

I love finding that rare "treasure" I've never seen before...

Like Eunice.


And I love, love, love the copious amount of cookbooks available for purchase at the sales.

Really, really, really great cookbooks.

Sometimes you can get them as cheap as $1 apiece.

You can find familiar cookbooks (Southern Living-style), old cookbooks (The Joy of Cooking) and even cookbooks about other cookbooks.

It's exhilarating, I tell you.

Well, at least it was until three weeks ago.

I found a perfect condition hardback copy of a Campbell's Soup Cookbook, and it only cost $.50.

My rule of thumb is to make sure there are at least FIVE recipes in a cookbook I would be willing to try.

Just five.

This particular cookbook had 11 recipes I was interested in, but I made the mistake of making three of them in one week...

And all three put together were not worth $.50.

Y'all...

I made cupcakes with Campbell's tomato soup.

I know.

I am particularly ashamed of that one.

The other two recipes weren't horrible, but I will not be making those specific dishes again.

Needless to say, I thought I would be sharing one, two or three new recipes with you today, but that is not the case.

Maybe next week?

RANDOMNESS #2 - New Orleans (Day Four) - On our final day in New Orleans, Mike had a meeting until noon. We had decided to check out The Garden District, so we left our hotel on the edge of The French Quarter and drove SIX MILES on Merchant Avenue putting The French Quarter far, far behind us.

The Garden District is a totally different world.

Totally.

We had asked a young concierge at our hotel where we should eat in The Garden District, and without hesitation he said, "The Rum House."

That sounded a little too much like a bar, but upon questioning the young man, it turned out to be a very unique taco joint. We decided to check it out from the outside before committing to the inside, and guess what?

It was a big, airy taco joint.

Mike and I sat beside huge windows and people-watched while we waited for our Grilled Jerk Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa and Jamaican Macaroni and Cheese.

Can I just say I am a Southern girl through and through...

And if anyone had tried to tell me prior to eating lunch at The Rum House that Jamaican Macaroni and Cheese was better than Alabama Macaroni and Cheese, I would have consider those "fightin' words."

Now I want to go to Jamaica and listen to steel drums and beautiful Jamaican accents and eat bowls of Jamaican mac and cheese ALL day long.

Every day.


The "vibe" in The Garden District is very different than The French Quarter. It is just as colorful and musical, but in a different way.

You can walk and walk and walk (or drive and drive and drive) and see house after house after colorful house.


And the beads!


The beads are everywhere.


And I mean everywhere.






We found The Audubon Zoo!

It was across the street from The Audubon Park...

And the Audubon Golf Course...

And a couple of blocks away from Tulane University.

You know where you can find me the next time we visit New Orleans!

RANDOMNESS #3 - Judith spent the night with us this past Friday night.

We had so much fun.


She played with her new maracas...


She read books...


And she helped Pop put the new Pack N Play together...


Sort of.






Saturday morning, the three of us went to Pepper Place.










It was a lovely way to spend a Friday and Saturday.

RANDOMNESS #4 - Roxie attended her first Spring Formal this past weekend. As you can probably tell, a good time was had by all.


Roxie and Natalie.


Emma, Roxie, Ally and Ellie.


Roxie and Ellie.

Such pretty girls...

Inside and out.

Blog Linkage

1. Go to My Blog List and click on The Nesting Place. Read her post entitled, "When You're Sick of Cluttered Counters." I need to take her advice immediately!

2. Go to My Blog List (one more time) and click on A Little Bit of Me. Read her post entitled, "May the 4th 2016." This is a great, memorable tradition for a Dad and the kids. It doesn't have to be a Star Wars Marathon, but to have a specific day and time to look forward to being with Dad each and every week for a month or more would most definitely be time well spent...

In my opinion.

That is all.

Have a great Thursday! I'll be back soon.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter