Thursday, May 26, 2016

Best Peanut Brittle in The Dale, Cheesy Potatoes and Ham AND Pics of Judith and The Chick

Good Thursday evening!

I have a very short and sweet post to share today, but it includes pics of Judith, so I'm assuming you won't mind.

RANDOMNESS #1 - If you live in The Dale...

And you enjoy the occasional peanut brittle...

You need to go to Witt's Market on the corner of Highway 31 and Snow Roger's Road.

Not only do they have beautiful hanging baskets, ferns, fresh vegetables and fruit, but they also sell bags of peanut brittle, and it is fantastic.

Some of the best brittle I've ever eaten.

"What makes it the best?" you ask.

It isn't the least bit hard...

Even at it's thickest point.

There is a little salty taste with the sweet which, as we all know, is SO important when making excellent peanut brittle. (The salty to sweet ratio is perfection!)

And it doesn't get stuck in your teeth.

Just so you know, today's wasn't the first batch I have tried.

The second batch was equally as wonderful as the first.

Enjoy!

RANDOMNESS #2 - I felt the need to be with Judith in the middle of the week a few days ago, so that's what I did.

It was very "Nana B" of me.

We went for a little stroll to a park less than one block from where she lives, and although there were no swings or other playground toys around, we enjoyed the walking part very much.


It turns out Judith is a Plaque Reader.

You may remember I am also married to a Plaque Reader, and while it hasn't been a deal breaker for me and Mikie, adjustments had to be made early on in our marriage...

And it hasn't been an easy problem to solve.

We've had counseling.

However, for some unknown reason, I enjoyed reading plaques with Judith.

Even the ones about plants found in the park.

Does that mean I love Judith more than Mikie?

Hmmm.

Surely not.


When was the last time you walked somewhere swinging your arms with such gusto?


Yeah.

That's what I thought.


Oh, to be 16 months old again.


This was Judith's face when I gave her the hard, cold facts about Alabama humidity.


I think she handled the information about ALL of the bad hair days in her future with grace and dignity.


Then we went home, drank juice and sat on air conditioning vents.


She may be a Plaque Reader like Pop, but she cools off like Nana B!

RANDOMNESS #3 - Austin is still producing Richard Dixon's radio show, but they can now be heard on FM 99.5.

It is pretty awesome...

And we are all pretty excited about the big change.

This picture was taken after his last radio show at JSU many moons ago.


I guess I will have to change his nickname from "The Boy" to "The Man" now.

Heavy, heavy, happy sigh.

Cheesy Potatoes and Ham

You will need the following:

6 cups peeled, sliced potatoes
2 1/2 cups cooked ham, cubed
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk

1. Layer one-third of potatoes, ham and cheese in slow cooker.

2. Repeat two more times.

3. Combine soup and milk. Pour over ingredients in slow cooker.

4. Cover and cook on high 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook 6 to 8 hours more or just until potatoes are soft.

This is a very good dish, and I served it with roasted carrots and broccoli to make up for all the "cheesy goodness."

Have a great weekend. I'll be back soon.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. Here a some pics of The Chick with a couple of her college buddies, Sarah Kathryn and Mallory.




Pretty, pretty girls.

2 comments:

Site Meter