Friday, December 11, 2015

Weekend Happenings, Pinterest Stuff (What's in the Christmas Bag?) AND Blog Linkage

Hey, Guys.

I'll start this post by telling you I am filled with angst.

RANDOMNESS #1 - That's a good word, isn't it?

Angst.

I like saying it, but I do not care to be filled with it.

So today, I am torn...

What with being full of angst and all.

A couple of weeks ago, I was in Hartselle (where My Josh lives), and I saw a flyer in a store advertising Hartselle's Christmas Parade.

I made a mental note, and checked with all of my peeps. Everyone was free and clear to attend.

I allowed myself to be happy...

Dare I say, euphoric even.

Another good word.

On Wednesday afternoon, I developed what may or may not have been a teeny, tiny migraine. I felt pretty lousy the rest of Wednesday, but it never occurred to me I might not be able to attend the Thursday night festivities.

Nope.

By 3:00 Thursday, it became apparent to me my body was willing, but my head had other ideas about me watching the Hartselle Christmas Parade.

I told Roxie to take 30 pics.

She took 24, but I was happy with the effort...

Plus, it hurt my head and eyeballs too much to fuss about it.

Here are just a few!


Roxie and Ragan.


Austin and Melia.

These two have been sick this week, too, but they were holiday troopers.


Melia, Austin, Josh, Roxie and Ragan.

Courtney and Judith bowed out late Thursday afternoon because of illness, too.


Roxie and Mike.


Roxie and Josh.


Roxie and Ragan.

Hmmm.

I'm beginning to think Roxie not only didn't take 30 pics...

She may not have taken any of them!




The photo of Roxie wearing a Statue of Liberty hat screams "Merry Christmas!"

Blog Linkage - Go to Nesting Place under My Blog List and check out her list of gifts for under $25.

I like them all!

Pinterest Stuff

What's in the Christmas Bag?

A Preschool Game

To play, gather up several Christmas-themed items from around your house. When we played, I gathered the following items:

A Santa hat
A pine cone
A bow
A mini Christmas tree
An ornament
A bell

Next, you will need bags for each of the items you’ve selected. The bags must all be the same and should be opaque so kids cannot see the object inside.

Place one Christmas object inside each bag.

NOTE - For younger children, I would suggest displaying the items and discussing what each is called before putting the items into the bags. For older kids, you can make this game more challenging by simply hiding the objects in bags before the kids have had a chance to see them.

Blindfold the kids. Mine like to wear their hats over their faces, which works pretty well.

One by one, present your child with a bag. Have him or her reach a hand inside to feel the object.

The goal is for your children to guess what the object is without using their eyes. Encourage your children to use their sense of touch, as well as their sense of hearing or sense of smell, to help them identify the object.

Once your child guesses the object, let him or her take off the blindfold and see what object he or she is holding.

After playing a round, put the objects back in the bag so the kids can blindfold you to play again!

Weekend Happenings

1. Today was a soup-cookin' kind of day.

Nothing more.

Nothing less.

2. On Saturday, Roxie and I are meeting Courtney and Judith to go bridesmaid dress shopping...

AND I am attending an Upwards Basketball game...

BECAUSE Austin is coaching...

AND Mike is the Assistant Coach.

Saturday evening, Grandmother, Mike and I are attending our church's Christmas Program.

Wedding stuff, sports stuff and Christmas stuff.

3. And when Sunday rolls around, we'll be doing church stuff.

I hope you and yours have a wonderful weekend. I'll be back next Friday with a few more Christmas tidbits, pics and recipes. Take care!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter