Friday, December 4, 2015

Weekend Happenings, Chicken Biscuit Casserole, Pinterest Stuff (Seasonal Traditions AND Family Gift Ideas)

Good Friday afternoon!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Black Friday came and went last week. Amy, Monica, Bev, Roxie and I met at The Galleria AFTER a good Thursday night's sleep. Our room was ready upon arrival (which has never happened before), so off we went to Belk's for the famous BOOT SALE.

I want you to know I was pleasantly surprised to find the air conditioning humming in Belk's (which has never been the case before). It made wading through piles upon piles upon piles of boots a pleasure, I tell you.

And something else that was a pleasure...

Finding the last pair of taupe boots in the style Roxie wanted before giving up on the whole "I must have a pair of boots from the Belk's Boot Sale before heading to Bath and Body to obtain the Black Friday TOTE!"

All in all, the day was very successful. We all met in the Food Court around 6:00 to partake of Food Court food before heading to our movie of choice for 2015 (Mockingjay 2).

We walked into our hotel room at 11:15 too pooped to play a game, but NOT too pooped to eat some mini Gigi's Christmas Cupcakes.

A little Chick Fil-A breakfast Saturday morning, 30 minutes more shopping and we were off to our respective houses.

Life is good when 53 percent of your Christmas shopping is complete.

Not excellent...

But real good.





RANDOMNESS #2 - I had originally thought only part of the family would be able to go to Pine Hill Tree Farm Sunday afternoon, but it turned out everyone was free to go.

I was an extremely happy camper.



Judith and Uncle Austin.

Her first time to go to the farm...

Uncle Austin's 20th.


As is our custom, everyone under 50 gets to saw a little bit.

Roxie and Courtney.


Josh and Courtney.

It looks like we really made Courtney work, doesn't it?


The famous reindeer.


Judith being a big girl in the sleigh.


Austin and Melia.


Josh and Courtney.


Judith being an angel...

Everywhere!


Josh, Courtney and Judith taking a tractor ride.

And to make everyone out there who isn't finished decorating yet feel better about themselves...

My tree is still not up in the den OR decorated.

It might as well still be planted at the tree farm!

Decorating seems to be less and less "my thing" as each year comes and goes.

But I'm good at other things.

I always tell myself that while I look at all the beautifully decorated homes on Insta.

Just don't ask me what the "other things" are at this moment.

Please.

RANDOMNESS #3 - My Nana B Bag was overflowing this week. I thoroughly enjoyed my "jobs," and the longer this goes on, the more I feel I am doing the perfect "right this minute" THING in my life.

These were some of the things in my Nana B Bag this week:

1. 100 Red Solo Cups - These were a HUGE hit with the under 4 crowd. (I am talking over 30 minutes of play at a time!)

2. Miniature marshmallows - Marshmallow snowman pics anyone? It was a shorter activity, but still a hit.

3. Red, green and gold sparkly pipe cleaners from The Dollar Tree - I asked one Mom for a colander before she left. Luckily, it was red! It took about 20 minutes, but a very creative four year-old made a lovely Christmas centerpiece for the dining room table making sure every hole had a pipe cleaner sticking out of it.

4. Christmas "break-and-bake" chocolate chip cookies.

5. Snowman stickers to go along with the marshmallow snowman pic mentioned above.

6. Always, always, always different books depending on the season!

It was a great week with some sweet kiddos.

I'm already thinking about what I need to put in my Nana B Bag for this upcoming week.

Hmmm?



Chicken Biscuit Casserole

You will need the following:

1 can of biscuits
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 small can English peas
Half a bag of frozen peas
2 cups cooked chicken
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Spray an 8" x 8" glass dish with cooking spray. Mix together in a large bowl the can of cream of chicken and 1/2 cup of sour cream until well blended.

3. Mix in the chicken, peas, milk and melted butter. Once everything is combined, pour into the glass dish.

4. Sprinkle the cheese on top.

5. Place your biscuits on top. Flatten your biscuits a little before placing them. This helps prevent them from tasting doughy and they get a better crunch on top.

I tried this one last night, and it was pretty delicious! It definitely falls into the category of "comfort food."

Pinterest Stuff

Even More Stocking Stuffers

Altoids
Beef jerky
Trail mix
Paper straws and cupcake wrappers
Postage stamps
Keurig coffee pods

Ice Cream Sundae Bar in a Box Gift

This sounded like a very fun gift to give...

Toppings of our choice included, but are not limited to: Gummy Bears, M&Ms, mini marshmallows and colorful sprinkles.

I fill up a sandwich Ziploc baggie with each topping.

I add hot fudge and caramel sauces, and put them in little mason jars with tags just cause they are so stinkin’ cute!

I also add an array of sugar cones, cute paper bowls, wooden spoons and a cute ice cream scoop.

Package everything up nice and tidy in a box, and send it on it’s way. So fun and such a great way to surprise someone and brighten their day!

Weekend Happenings

1. Friday night belongs to me and Mikie! That means leftovers AND trying to finish up the decorating.

2. We get to spend a little time with Josh Saturday morning before heading to an Upwards Basketball Game.

Austin asked Mike to be his Assistant Coach, so I am all about sitting in the bleachers ONE MORE TIME and checking this out!

3. I hope, hope, hope Mike and I can go to the German Christmas Market late Saturday afternoon until it closes. It is called Das Haus and it will be opened from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. It is located at 2318 2nd Avenue North in Birmingham, and some of the festivities include the following:

German food and dessert
Hot chocolate and coffee
Arts and crafts (Mikie's favorite)
Christmas ornaments and gifts
Live Christmas music
Santa Claus

This is a FREE event. They are asking for a $1 donation.

I cannot wait!

4. Our great-nephew, Micah, is being dedicated Sunday morning at his home church. Mike and I hope to attend before heading to a Christmas event at his place of work.

A busy weekend, but it definitely has some FUN potential, too.

My favorite kind of weekend!

Have a terrific holiday weekend. Plan on doing something Christmasy each and every day of December, and I will do the same! I'll be back next Friday with more, more, more Christmas goodness.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter