Friday, September 11, 2015

Weekend Happenings, Restaurant Review - Crepe Myrtle Cafe (Auburn) AND Pinterest Stuff (Glow Stick AND Water Balloon Fun)

Good Friday afternoon!

NUGGETS AND TIDBITS - Mike taught me how to put pics on the new computer last week. Needless to say, he will have to give me that lesson several hundred more times before it is retained.

He does not understand my inability to comprehend tech stuff easily and quickly...

And there is always head shaking and eye rolling and guttural groaning aplenty when he is teaching me.

There may even be tears shed now and again.

However, after some time has passed, he will pull himself together and make the very conscious decision to love me anyway, technology-challenged though I may be.

You may or may not be able to tell, but we have a pattern.

MISCELLANEOUS #1 - A couple of weeks ago, we met Josh, Courtney and Judith in Cullman for dinner, and as it eventually happens when a baby of a certain age is around, someone asked if Judith had tasted her first lemon yet.

No.

No, she had not.





What you cannot tell from these pics, although Judith didn't smile, she did continue to reach for the lemon.

No shudders.

No face rubbing.

Just serious eyes and a tiny bit of puckering.



Josh and Mike kind of hog the baby...

Like, all the time.

MISCELLANEOUS #2 - Two or three weeks into school, I had a HUGE hankering to see The Chick face-to-face.

So on a Friday morning, I started driving and I arrived in Auburn, Alabama around lunch time.

(That's right. I didn't take the helicopter. I just drove!)

Roxie had told me she had heard of a restaurant she thought could be "our" place for the next four years whenever I visited her at school. A little place called Crepe Myrtle Café.

At first glance, it is a nursery only a few minutes from Roxie's home away from home.

Also at first glance, it is a wonderful, whimsical nursery with bright colors...

French chickens walking around the grounds...

A giant swing set...

And so much more.






Of all the things I wanted to buy and bring home to The Dale, this is the one I wanted the most.




"What about the food?" you ask.

Well, it is SO good. You order a fresh crepe and drink, and then you find a table (inside or out). Within five minutes, a beautiful, warm crepe filled with all kinds of goodness is placed before you. On this particular day, I had the Italian Chicken Crepe and every bite was delicious.

Roxie asked if we could split a dessert crepe, and I agreed. She returned to the table after ordering the Strawberry/Banana Cream Crepe.

Three words...

Oh...

My...

Goodness.

This is "our" place, but just in case you find yourself in Auburn one day soon, I highly recommend you visiting... and eating... and eating some more.

MISCELLANEOUS #3 - We celebrated my 54th birthday at Grandmother's last Sunday. Everyone was able to be there except Courtney and Judith. They were on a little girls' trip with her family.

As is our custom, Katie baked my birthday cake...

And I loved it!



She used GIANT candy on top.

She knows my heart.


We also had my favorite meal... taco salad.





I accepted ALL of my gifts and ALL of the attention showered upon me with my usual grace and "enchantingness."

And instead of taking a bunch of pics with the birthday girl, I opted for the always tricky GIANT FAMILY PORTRAIT.


I was the one setting the timer, so I am a little undone in this shot.


Josh decided to throw a muscle arm in the second try.

As you can tell, I look REALLY good in the second shot.


Josh was reprimanded, and we tried a third time.

If possible, I look even more glorious in the third shot.

You will notice this is the shot where Josh totally took off his entire shirt.


In the fourth and final attempt, Josh didn't look very put together, and I was sweating from running back and forth, back and forth, back and forth taking care of the timer.

If you are wondering which shot is going to sit in my new 5" x 7" frame...

The one where I look glorious and Josh looks incredibly beachy.

Pinterest Stuff

Glow Stick Fun

Glow Stick Ring Toss

The only thing that could possibly make ring toss more fun is doing it in the dark with glow sticks. You can make a pole out of just about anything, and make your rings as big or as little as you’d like. The necklace glow sticks seem to be the perfect size, but you can also connect a few of the bracelet glow sticks together.

Glow in the Dark Drink Cups

This is probably my favorite glow in the dark party idea. Don’t worry, the glow sticks aren’t actually in the beverage. They are resting at the bottom of one cup, with a clear plastic cup on top where the drink goes. Genius!

Glow Stick Hula Hoop

Use the connectors on the necklace glow sticks to make one large hoop, and then connect it to your hula hoop with tape or zip ties.

Water Balloon Fun

Water Balloon Hot Potato

Just like regular hot potato, but whoever has the balloon when the music ends must smash it over their head.

Duck Duck Splash!

Played like Duck Duck Goose, but the chooser breaks the water balloon on the person’s head who they choose to be the chaser.

Water Balloon Back-to-Back Race

Pairs of kids hold a water balloon between their backs and race to the finish line without popping it. If it pops, they must run back to the start line to retrieve another and start again.

Weekend Happenings

1. Today is a "gettin' ready" day for Auburn's first home game tomorrow. Food prep, clothes prep, camera prep...

You get the idea.

2. As of this moment, Josh and Courtney are riding to Auburn with me and Mike. Austin and Melia are taking their car because they are meeting friends later Saturday night. Roxie is holding our parking spot in Auburn! We won't all be sitting together, BUT we are all meeting at The Big Gold Van after the game for snacks and visits.

War Eagle!

3. Sunday will be a Sunday School/Church/leftover Bojangles' chicken finger kind of day...

Which is without a doubt the best kind of Sunday EVER.

I hope you and yours have a delightful weekend, and no matter what you do, enjoy the pleasant temps! I'll be back next Friday with pics from our Auburn weekend, recipes and more.

Take care.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter