Friday, September 25, 2015

Weekend Happenings, Pinterest Stuff (Gift Boxes AND Date Jars), Thrift Store Challenge Party (ONE MORE TIME) and Quotable Quotes

Good Friday morning!

NUGGETS AND TIDBITS #1 - My niece, Katie, and her husband have recently moved to a place in the country.

And when I say "country," I mean she has a goat now.

I am so excited, and hopefully, in the next week or so, I am going to visit the goat (Daisy)...

And Katie.

And there will be numerous photos taken.

NUGGETS AND TIDBITS #2 - A decision has been made. My official "Grandmother Name" is going to be Nana B.

I will not be changing my mind.

I will not be wishy-washy any longer.

I will stand firm in my decision.

Unless you think I should stick with Desiree'.

Do you?

Do you think I should stick with Desiree'?

Or Big Red?

Or Ever-So-Enchanting Grandmama?

This is a little harder than I thought...


But definitely worth it.

MISCELLANEOUS - Well, Roxie's birthday party came and went last Sunday, and almost everyone was in attendance. I think a good time was had by all.


The Birthday Girl and Hunter.


Roxie, Judith and Hunter.


The owl is the Chi Omega animal, so I gave Roxie a Hooty-Hoot themed party.


Roxie's cake of choice this year was the ever-popular Edgar's Petit Four.

Vanilla and Caramel.

Actually, petit fours alone would never have satisfied our guys, so I made a dessert bar with Whipped Cream Pound Cake squares, Buttermilk Pie, doughnuts, scones and TWO kinds of nuts!

Everyone was happy.


Uncle Austin and Judith.


See the owl?


This vest was exactly what she wanted.

I was sweating just wrapping it.


Judith.


One more.


Mike, Grandpa, Roxie, Grandma and Aunt Becky.


Brad and Roxie.


Roxie, Brad, Stephanie and T. J.


Austin, Roxie and Melia.

Quotable Quotes

"Homemaking is surely in reality the most important work in the world. What do ships, railways, mines, cars, government, etc. exist for except that people may be fed, warmed, and safe in their own homes? The homemaker's job is one for which all other's exist." C. S. Lewis

I am loving C. S. Lewis today!

Pinterest Stuff

Gift Boxes

A Box of Sunshine (Everything in this box should be YELLOW!)

Carmex
Lemon Drops and Yellow Gummy Bears
Crunch 'n Munch
Bath & Body Works Kitchen Lemon Hand Soap
Betty Crocker Lemon Cake Mix and Lemon Frosting

You could also go to the Dollar Store and find some great fun yellow things!

A Box of Sunshine would make a great neighbor gift, birthday gift or a gift for someone feeling a little blue.

Happy Fall Box

Scones
Trail Mix
Bottle of Flavored Coffee Syrup
Bag of Coffee
S’mores Kit
Skewers
Chili Mix
Fall Fragrance Candle

You buy the box/basket/container first, and then shop for all of the fun things you want to put in the box or basket. You won't buy too much or too little this way.

Also, this would be one-stop shopping at Target!

Date Night Jars

You have to admit, Dates in a Jar is a different way to go. When I saw this idea on Pinterest, I pinned it "speedy quick."

Ice Skating Date Jar

The color scheme is red, white and blue. You will need red gloves, powdered mocha mix, lip balm and chocolates. The jar could be a vintage blue mason jar.

Start by laying one of the gloves in the jar. Add the mocha and then the lip balm. Fill the rest of the area with chocolates. Tuck the glove fingers into the glove, turn it upside down, stick it on the top of the jar and add the mason jar band. Finally, wrap yarn around the top of the jar.

Once the date is over, fill the jar with mementos from the date (photos, a restaurant menu, the receipt for the ice skate rental, a slip of paper with a few written memories, etc.)

Miniature Golf Date Jar

For this jar, put M&Ms (every great date must include chocolate), golf balls, a mini notebook for keeping score, a pencil, tickets to play mini golf, a gift card to a restaurant and a trophy for the winner! These themed jars would also make adorable party favors!

Also, you can assemble a bunch of the jars and host an ice skating party OR a putt-putt golf party. No matter the occasion, gifts in a jar are so much fun!

Thrift Store Challenge Party (ONE MORE TIME)

More than anything else in this world, I would like to post the Thrift Store Challenge Party for you one more time, BUT Mike and I cannot find it on our new computer.

We are almost certain it is in the computer somewhere...

Or in a cloud somewhere...

Or on a disc somewhere.

Would y'all be so kind to let me look for it one more week?

If I still cannot find it, I will start from scratch.

Heavy, heavy sigh.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I will not be able to find it...

Because I'm pretty scattered most days.

Which really means 24/7...

365 days a year.

It's very annoying.

Weekend Happenings

1. Today is Roxie's actual birthday. Mikie and I are on our way to Auburn as you read this for a birthday lunch at Crepe Myrtle's Café with The Chick and a large bag of birthday goodies (just a bunch of her favorite things).

After lunch, we'll be on our way back to The Dale because Hunter and Friends will be arriving sometime early Friday evening for the rest of the weekend.

2. Fun fact for you... Saturday is the beginning of Parents' Weekend for Chi Omega. There is going to be a tailgating party for the guests before the game, and since I am making the trek on Friday, Mikie and Austin are trying to get tickets to the game, and they will be representing the family for this event.

I think I may roll out of bed Saturday morning and spend some time at Pepper Place before I start a big ol' soup/cornbread makin' kind of day at home. My goal...

Enough taco soup AND chicken noodle soup for the entire Faulkner clan (plus a few extra recipients).

And I may bake a couple of cakes.

Or not.

3. Sunday's Chi Omega event is a brunch, and Mike and I will be attending that together with The Chick.

I know what you're thinking.

"Why didn't they just get a hotel room for the weekend?"

It's a good question, and the answer is simple.

I NEEDED to see The Chick Friday and the other events were important, too, and we didn't want to pick and choose.

So we're chopping everything up and making it work.

At least, that's what I hope is going to happen.

Also on Sunday, after the brunch, we are heading home to watch The War Room with some friends. I've really been looking forward to it, and I want to support this film and films like it as much as possible.

That's our weekend. It will be good because I will be able to spend time with a bunch of people I am extremely fond of...

And it's officially Fall.

I pretty much enjoy anything and everything in the Fall.

Have a great day, and I'll be back next Friday with pics from The Plains, Pepper Place, my kitchen and more.

Take care.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter