Thursday, March 12, 2015

Weekend Happenings, Quotable Quotes, Blog Linkage, Pinterest Stuff (Acts of Random Kindness for Kids)

Good Thursday evening!

NUGGETS AND TIDBITS - I was getting a little nervous.

The Faulkner Family Handbook specifically states, "Mike and Roxie will go on their annual Father/Daughter Steak Date Night within the month of February. Always. February."

But Mike and Roxie talked about it, and since things were more than a little busy the month of February, they bumped the date to March...

Which bothered me greatly.


But it all worked out just fine.

RANDOMNESS #1 - You know how I said last weekend was going to be all about moving Josh?

Well, this weekend is going to be all about Roxie's Senior Prom.

The prep work begin tomorrow morning at 11:00 and "The Senior Prom Experience" will end in the wee hours of Saturday morning. It is going to be quite a day!

But, as promised, here is all the Moving "stuff."

Austin, Roxie, Mike and I helped move Josh to his new apartment in Hartselle Saturday morning.


When we arrived, we immediately ordered pizza and had a picnic on top of unopened boxes...

Because our priorities are very much in order.


Then Roxie was given the "clean the bathroom" duties.


After unpacking and cleaning, Roxie and Austin headed home, and Mikie and I went shopping with Josh to stock his pantry and fridge.


At the end of the day, this was my favorite room. It was totally empty except for a lone ironing board, and it still had vacuum tracks.

I LOVE this kind of room.

It speaks to me.


I couldn't find a front door mat that said, "This is where I live right now, but my 'Home Sweet Home' is really in Gardendale, Alabama."

RANDOMNESS #2 - I had wanted to throw Josh a going-away party, but everything happened so quickly, I ended up getting as many of the family together as possible (ten in all), and we ate at Mugshots.

Get it?

We ate at Mugshots...

And Josh is going to be working at the jail.

It was brilliant, I tell you.


Roxie's mugshot.


Josh.


Mike.


Beverly.


Zac.

Zac's mugshot is just a little too happy, if you ask me.


Tommy.


Austin.


And Melia.

I love her, but Melia's mugshot scares me just a little bit.




Just Josh!

Quotable Quotes

"Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work." C. S. Lewis

Well said, Mr. Lewis.

Well said.

Pinterest Stuff

Acts of Random Kindness for Kids

1. Let someone go ahead of you in line.

2. Bake dessert for a neighbor.

3. Set up a lemonade stand and donate the profits.

4. Leave bubbles on someone’s doorstep.

5. Tape change to a parking meter.

6. Donate a book to a doctor’s office waiting room.

7. Make someone else’s bed.

8. Bring your neighbors’ garbage cans up for them.

9. Donate coloring books and crayons to the children’s hospital.

Have a terrific rest of the week. I'll be back soon!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter