Friday, March 6, 2015

Weekend Happenings AND Strawberry Brownies

Good Friday afternoon!

NUGGETS AND TIDBITS #1 - We had an ICE DAY yesterday!

Roxie, Josh and I were at home all day long, and I, for one, was quite content.

Josh and Roxie, for two, were not.

It may have been one of the last snow days for us to spend together EVER!

Because...

NUGGETS AND TIDBITS #2 - Josh is moving to Hartselle this weekend.

This seems to be happening so fast because IT IS.

IT IS happening very fast.

Josh got a job with the Morgan County Sheriff's Department working in the jail while he finishes up his last two classes in Criminal Justice at Wallace.

We found a townhouse apartment Monday of this week.

He moves Saturday of this week.

And starts work Saturday or Sunday night of this week.

See.

Fast.

Moving in pics next post!

NUGGETS AND TIDBITS #3 - The Chick has a new job working afternoons at our church's Day Care.

She has fallen in love with eight tiny two year-olds, and unless I miss my guess...

They all have Miss Roxie wrapped around their little fingers.

RANDOMNESS #1 - This past Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Roxie attended her very last Blast.

For those of you who may not be from around these parts, Blast is a special weekend for the 6th through 12th graders in our church.

All of the kids stay in Host Homes. Each grade/gender worships together, attends services together, has small group together and plays together.

They are also supposed to sleep somewhere in this time frame, but that rarely happens.

Roxie and the other 12th Grade Girls had a very good time!


These are some group pics taken before the Blast Dash...

Which is explained in more detail below.




Roxie and Hunter.

Hunter was a leader in the 6th Grade Boys' Host Home.

He probably got less sleep than the 12th Grade Girls.


Roxie and Hannah.


Roxie running the Blast Dash.

The Blast Dash is a huge obstacle course on a Ranch located in our town. There is a lot of running involved...

And mud.

Lots and lots of mud.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I shared this on Instagram a couple of nights ago.

I found a long, silky black tunic in the back of my closet.

I had no recollection of purchasing or otherwise obtaining said garment.

I put it on, and I liked it.

I liked it very much.

Then, I went on a few errands here and there in the Gardendale area.

I think I was in the middle of Target when it hit me. I was wearing my "new last summer" bathing suit cover-up...

In public...

In March...

The day before an ice storm.

I hate it when I do something like that, and I hate that I do something like that fairly often.

I am telling you now, because if you saw me out and about this week and said to yourself, "I have a bathing suit cover-up just like the shirt Belinda's wearing in public today," I want you to know I am aware.

I am painfully aware.

Strawberry Brownies

These were pretty delicious.

You will need the following:

Strawberry cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil

1. Mix and spread in prepared 9" x 13" pan. Dough will be thick.

2. Bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes.

You will need the following for the glaze:

1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons milk

1. Mix two ingredients until smooth.

2. Pour over warm brownies.

These would be a perfect dessert for Valentine's Day...

Or next Tuesday.



Weekend Happenings

As you can imagine, much of this weekend will revolve around moving Josh to Hartselle.

But...

1. Roxie and Mike are going on their annual Father/Daughter Dress-Up Steak Date tomorrow night.

I really don't have an official name for it. They go on dates throughout the year, but they like to dress up and have a special date sometime around February.

2. I am going to have a little going-away dinner for Josh, but the ice days and the different move-in days have made it impossible to plan at this moment.

Maybe Sunday lunch.

The theme is a surprise.

The get-together is not.

3. And tonight...

Well, tonight I am making taco soup and my guys are welcome to eat it whenever they show up at the door.

Have a wonderful weekend. I hope you're getting to spend time with people you love very, very much. I'll be talking to you soon.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

2 comments:

  1. Unless you were wearing PJs in Walmart the swimsuit cover was NO BIG. DEAL.Happy weekend. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belinda, I am so glad to hear what's happening. Hope you have tissues handy and a camera to document Josh's move. We finally have sunshine here at 50 degrees and the nights are still in the low 30s. Hope your ice days are over. Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter