Monday, April 1, 2013

Mindless Monday, Blog Linkage

Good Monday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - We celebrated Easter with Mike's family yesterday, and it was a really nice day. The weather was great for hunting Easter eggs and while Lauren was learning to "hunt," Matthew was a seasoned professional.

Next year, we'll have three little ones...


But Amber and Jared's Mackenzie probably won't be hunting eggs until Easter 2015.


I loved seeing the two Dads hiding the Easter eggs. It reminded me of Mike and Tommy back in the day.


Austin even helped out a little.


And these two... Well, these two look like they might be judging the "hiding style" of Jared and Jared. (Nope. Not a typo. Both of my nephews are named "Jared.")

Easter 2013 was a success, I think.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I remember how hard it was to get the perfect Easter pics of all the kids before...

1. They got too wrinkled.

2. They got too dirty.

3. They became untucked.

4. Their hair got wind blown.

5. They lost their bow.

6. They took off their shoes.

7. They started crying because they were tired... or had eaten too much sugar... or wanted to hunt for more eggs.

8. They "touched" a sibling and started World War III.

Yes. I remember it well.

But, I am here to tell you it will get better.

Sort of.


Everyone kind of styled themselves for Easter this year (color-wise), and I was pleased and a little surprised when I saw we were rocking the red/white/blue theme.


When I told Roxie to turn around so I could take a picture of the back of her dress, The Brothers totally misunderstood.


But when Roxie told everyone to strike a "model pose," I'm sad to say I think they understood her perfectly.


Don't you love how that shirt makes Mikie's eyes POP?

RANDOMNESS #3 - The Anatomy of "Grown" Kids' Easter Baskets - I still make Easter baskets for the kids. I know they are "grown," but I enjoy doing it and until they are totally, 100 percent out-of-the-house "grown," I think this tradition will continue.


Mike and I gave each of the kids two Tim Hawkins' tickets. He is a FANTASTIC Christian comedian. (He's coming to our church April 13, so the timing was perfect.)


A $10 Sonic Gift Certificate for each and every kid/adult in the house is always appreciated.


Josh's favorite candy... Twizzlers.


A favorite movie or CD will show up in one or more of the baskets.


The Boy gets this draft magazine each and every year. (I "accidentally" bought one as a filler one year, and it quickly became his favorite Easter basket item.)

This year each kid/adult also received a little blue Peep (and Roxie promptly ate ALL of them), a pack of gum (and Roxie promptly stole ALL of them) and a dyed Easter egg with their favorite Batman character emblazoned upon it... because nothing says Easter like a Batman, Catwoman and Bane Easter Egg!

Am I right?

Blog Linkage - Go to www.kellehampton.com. She is featuring a guest blogger today. Please read the post, and if you have children old enough to understand, I would suggest letting them read the post, too.

Have a lovely Monday. I'll be back Friday morning with more pics of Spring-like things and ideas for April family togetherness.

Take care, and I'll talk to you the end of the week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter