Friday, December 14, 2012

Weekend Happenings, Blog Linkage, (Sweet and Salty) Bacon Wrapped Appetizers

Good Friday morning!

Let the Randomness begin!

RANDOMNESS #1 - We won another basketball game Tuesday night. And it was so much fun.


Really? This Chick thinks she's going to keep the ball with Taylor and Caroline closing in on her? I don't think so.


This little dance begins with Roxie eyeing the ball...


Then she takes the ball...


And then she adds a little "slide/shuffle/thing-y" at the end.

Now that's a dance!

RANDOMNESS #2 - Things were going a little slow one night this past week, so Roxie and I decided to torture the beagles.


While Roxie and I grabbed a beagle, Josh acted as the designated "holding station" for the other unsuspecting pup.


Fifty-four pics were taken of Copper... and this is the only one I deemed printable.


Sparkle looked good in two pictures.


Unlike Copper, she has learned the sooner you sit still and let "Mama" take the picture, the better.

RANDOMNESS #3 - Mike, Roxie and I attended the Volleyball Banquet last night. I wore my new Christmas green flowy top and long, long earrings. I looked amazing, I tell you.

But the night was really all about the volleyball chicks, and after everyone got over my amazingness, we enjoyed Jim N' Nicks, awards, the slide show and a fast and furious game of Dirty Santa.

Roxie came home with a $15 Gift Certificate to Donut Joe's.

Can I say The Brothers are thrilled?

Dad's pretty happy about it, too.


This was Kelci and Roxie's FOURTH Volleyball Banquet together.


These are the Junior Varsity chicks.


And these are ALL of the Volleyball chicks.

Aren't they pretty?

RANDOMNESS #4 - Good wishes go out to My Josh today as he travels to Wallace State to take his last final of the first semester. YES!

RANDOMNESS #5 - And a big ol' "Welcome Home... Finally" to The Boy.

Yes. School let out for Christmas Break last week, but the basketball teams kept on playing... and The Boy kept on producing. He'll be in and out depending on the JSU basketball schedule, but there will be DAYS in between the games during the remainder of the Break.

DAYS at home!

Ahhh.

Blog Linkage

1. Go to Six Sisters' Stuff under My Blog List and read today's post entitled "25 DIY Christmas Wreaths." (I personally love the Red Frame Wreath.)

2. Go to www.kellehampton.com and read yesterday's post entitled "Hallmark: My Favorite Christmas Traditions." It is my favorite post EVER!

(Sweet and Salty) Bacon Wrapped Appetizers

Mike and I saw this on The Pioneer Woman's cooking show last Saturday, and I made a batch yesterday.

Today, they are gone.

Thankfully, I took pictures!

You will need the following:

1 package Club Crackers
1 pound thin-sliced bacon
Grated Parmesan cheese
Brown sugar

1. Lay crackers (as many as you want) face up on a cookie sheet.

2. Scoop about 1 teaspoon of grated Parmesan cheese (OR brown sugar) onto each cracker.

3. Cut your package of bacon in half (or cut pieces individually) and carefully, wrap each cheese-covered cracker in one half piece of bacon, completely covering the cracker. It should fit snugly.

4. Place the bacon-wrapped crackers onto a baking sheet that has a rack on it.

5. Place in a 250-degree oven for 2 hours.

I know what you're thinking. "Isn't that a lot of bacon?"

Yes. Yes, it is. What's your point?


Sprinkling is my favorite.


I thought it would take a while to wrap the crackers, but after the first one, it went very quickly.


This is my "presentation" picture.


WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! - Do NOT make these crackers when you are alone in the house. If you do, you will eat each and every one by yourself.

I am not kidding.

I wish I was, but... Heavy, heavy sigh.

Weekend Happenings

I've been having a little trouble getting into the Christmas Spirit this year. I cannot lie.

I've enjoyed a "Christmas" moment here and there, but for the most part, I think I have a little case of the "bah-humbugs."

This weekend should help with my illness.

1. Tonight, Mike, Austin, Melia and I are attending Roxie's basketball game... and I'm going to wear something red, I think.

As mentioned above, Josh will be finishing his finals today, and to celebrate he is going to see The Hobbit tonight with a friend.

I may or may not have mentioned The Hobbit is our OFFICIAL Day-After-Christmas-Movie.

I may or may not have told everyone going with us to our Day-After-Christmas-Movie NOT to see The Hobbit.

Josh may or may not have understood.

See how generous I'm being this Christmas Season?

Josh has assured me he will watch The Hobbit at least 14 times before it goes to DVD (and I know this to be true).

He also said he wouldn't talk about it for 12 more days.

We'll see.

2. Saturday morning, I'm hosting the 14th Annual Christmas Tea at a mystery location. There are still seven of us participating after 14 years. (Three of the girls moved to different states, or I am sure they would be attending with bells on.)

We've visited a different tearoom every year for 14 years. We've even gone out-of-town for Teas Five and Ten and spent the night at a Bed and Breakfast.

I'll let you know all about Tea 14 Monday morning.

3. Saturday night, my Mom's side of the family will be hosting "Christmas at the Palisades" in Oneonta. It is one of the highlights of the Christmas season for the kids. It always has been.

I have a ton of new Minute-To-Win-It games, and I think things might get pretty interesting.

4. Sunday, Roxie and some chicks are going ice skating and then coming back to the house to enjoy a Hot Chocolate/Cookie Bar. (Doesn't that sound lovely?)

Have a holly, jolly weekend. I'll be back Monday morning with so much stuff I cannot even wrap my head around it all.

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. Roxie wanted a picture with her Dad... under the Christmas tree... wearing the Volleyball Banquet dress... so I obliged.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter