Monday, December 31, 2012

Mindless Monday, New Year's Eve Kits, The Dating Divas' New Year's Eve Countdown Box, Quotable Quotes, Blog Linkage

Good Monday morning!

And Happy New Year's Eve!

RANDOMNESS #1 - I made a Top Ten List for you this morning. I call it "Top Ten Things I've Observed While Watching Chicks Play Basketball."


1. You must be able to run one direction while watching for the ball coming from a totally different direction.

I, personally, have to look in the direction I am running... I mean walking.


2. If you have to take a basketball ball from an opposing team member, it is always better to take the ball as a group.

I could SO do the group thing.


3. You must have Ninja-like reflexes.

I do NOT have Ninja-like reflexes. A move like this one would put me in a neck brace for weeks.


4. Even if you don't feel it at the time, ALWAYS have a "look of intimidation and anger" on your face.

I would ALWAYS have a look of "being" intimidated on my face. I might even cry.


5. Always FOCUS on the basketball.

This chick's enormous ponytail would have distracted me to the point I would not have tried to take the ball. I admit it. I have the attention span of a gnat.


6. No matter how funny you think you are, NEVER yell "TOUCHDOWN AUBURN" when your chick is standing like this on the basketball court.

Just take my word for it.


7. Nothing but net. I love the sound of a swishing three-point shot.

Well, I love it when a chick on OUR team does it. The other team... not so much.


8. When you're sitting on the bench, never let them see you sweat.

I'm afraid Roxie gets this from me. I'm not one to hide my emotions.


9. No matter how well you know the player frantically waving under the goal, NEVER assume she is waving at you, The Enchanting Belinda, in the stands.

You'll be very disappointed.


10. Is it just me, or does the phrase, "Come to Mama" pop in your mind when you see someone standing like this?

You do not have to answer.

RANDOMNESS #2 - In other totally unrelated to basketball news, Josh killed his first deer Saturday morning.

And his Uncle... or his Dad... or his brother... or his cousin rubbed blood all over his face. I am totally undecided about posting the picture, so right now you'll have to imagine.

I think it would push my blog rating over to PG-13, and I don't think I'm ready for that... yet.

He was very excited, and we'll soon be putting venison in our freezer.

RANDOMNESS #3 - You may have noticed I didn't post any New Year's Resolutions for 2013. I'm going to try VERY HARD to "live daily" in 2013. I don't expect to succeed. I think NOT looking ahead for me, a planner, makes living day-by-day much more difficult, but that's my goal (not resolution) for the year 2013.

For example, this is my list for today, December 31, 2012...

1. Fix a delicious New Year's Eve dinner for my family and friends.

2. Work on my "Clean the House To-Do List."

3. Love on the people I come in contact with today.

4. When my head hits the pillow tonight, I would like to have no regrets regarding how I conducted myself December 31, 2012.

Quotable Quotes - I decided to post some quotes made by the late General Normal Schwarzkopf, Jr.

“The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.”

“True courage is being afraid, and going ahead and doing your job anyhow. That’s what courage is.”

“It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.”

Blog Linkage - If it isn't too much trouble, click on Big Mama under My Blog List and check out her very funny, very real take on New Year's Resolutions.

New Year's Eve Kits

You didn't think I would leave today's post without a Pinterest idea, did you?

"This year we made New Years Eve Kits. Most of our friends have small children and won't be out partying. We know most of them will be home watching movies and playing games and trying to make the night feel festive (while still tucking their kids in by 10:00).

"We bought a few 4-packs of sparkling apple cider, then hit the local party store for noisemakers, balloons, blowers, poppers and some sparkly confetti. We packed everything up in a clear party bag and delivered it with a bottle of the sparkling apple cider."

NOTE - Don't you think it would be fun to use the "Ding-Dong-Ditch" delivery approach with these kits.

Yeah. Me, too!

New Year's Eve Countdown Box

The Dating Divas had to be honored in my last post of 2012. They first posted this idea in 2010.

What better way to ring in the new year than with an hour-by-hour COUNTDOWN BOX?

The idea behind this box is simple... Each hour starting at 8:00 p.m. the kids get to open one bag!

Inside each bag you will find a different activity for them to celebrate New Year’s Eve!

Here are some examples, but you can make it your own, too.

8:00 p.m. - A 2013 Time Capsule Letter! Have your kids write a letter to their future selves! Make sure they write about their favorite color, book, food, movie, etc. The capsule letter can also have a spot your kids can write what they hope the next year will bring.

Plan on packing the letters in your Christmas decoration box. Next New Year’s Eve will be a blast reading the letters they wrote. It will be fun to see if things have changed or stayed the same.

9:00 p.m. - Festive Shakers. Make simple shakers. Find any ribbon spools in your house that are almost out of ribbon. Inside, place something that will make noise when it is shaken. (I used Skittles from Halloween.)

You then cover each side of the ribbon spool with scrapbook paper.

You now have your own shakers to ring in 2013.

10:00 p.m. - Goal Setting 2013. One of my favorite things to do to ring in the New Year is to set resolutions. In this activity, your family will get to set four new goals together. These resolutions can be anything from eating dinner together to doing a service activity together. Once you’re done with the list, place it somewhere in your home that is visible for all family members to see... and remember.

11:00 p.m. - 2013 Lucky Penny. I know I can use all the luck I can get... so start the year off right with a lucky penny. After each family member has their new lucky penny, have each family member share two things they love about each family member.

MIDNIGHT - Glow Sticks. What is a party without glow sticks? Ring in the new year sporting these fun, inexpensive sticks that will add excitement to the end of the night. The more glow sticks, the better.

Have a happy and safe New Year's Eve! I'll be back Friday morning with some Cold Weather Fun, pictures and maybe a recipe or two.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Friday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

1 comment:

Site Meter