Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Day Post

Good Friday morning!

I had every good intention of posting a step-by-step description of our Thanksgiving Day, PLUS witty anecdotes, recipes of all the dishes prepared and eaten by our family, new traditions, etc., etc., etc.


How cute was Roxie's contribution to our Thanksgiving Feast? Once again, "Yea Pinterest!

All you're getting today is a Top Ten List of Things I'll Remember About Thanksgiving 2012 and a few pictures.

Sure. I had hoped it would be more, but let's face it. I've got some Black Friday packing to do!

1. Thanksgiving 2012 was our first Thanksgiving celebrated late afternoon. Josh had to work until 4:00 p.m., so we didn't get together until 3:30 and we waited for his arrival before eating.


He was worth the wait.

2. At the beginning of the week, there was a chance MamMa wasn't going to be able to be with us this Thanksgiving because of ruptured discs, bulging discs, etc. in her back. After eight hours spent at the hospital yesterday afternoon with Mom and Bev, she had a successful block and was able to be with us this Thanksgiving 2012.


Here's MamMa with the two "babies" of our family... Roxie and Zac.

3. Katie was sick. However, she was a trooper and came for Thanksgiving dinner and the reading of the Thankful Letters. After the reading, Katie headed home to her nice, soft bed.


Katie's pretty even when she's sickly.

4. The Thankful Letters were touching and sweet and sad all at the same time. I remember when the kids were thankful for the color red and vanilla ice cream. Now they are thankful for girlfriends, boyfriends, good jobs, college educations, etc. (It's more than a little mind boggling.)

5. Not one kid mentioned "Aunt Belinda" by name in their Thankful Letter. Not one. (I might mention not one kid is getting a Christmas present from Aunt Belinda. NOT ONE!)

6. Mom felt well enough to host Thanksgiving Dinner at her house again. It has never been anywhere else (except in the Mountains). It was good to be at Grandmother's house another year.

7. I make an awesome Chocolate Cobbler. Just saying.

8. I loved the movie that just happened to be on television after dinner was Blind Side. Everyone loves Blind Side.

9. We weren't able to play basketball or go for a nice Thanksgiving walk because it was completely and totally dark 60 minutes after we arrived. However, we made the best of it, and still had a pretty good time.


I HATE there is a red car in the background of this picture. I cannot tell you how much this bothers me. (Yes. I have a problem.)

10. We had ham instead of turkey. (We always have ham when we eat Thanksgiving with my family.) However, Mike called Melia and she put aside a slab of fried turkey for him to have later this weekend. Mikie is totally and completely happy now.

I'll be back Monday with a normal post. (Well, normal for me.)

I hope you and yours had a fantastic Thanksgiving. Stay safe, and I'll talk to you the first of the week.

Take care, and I'll talk to you soon.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting and Ever-so-Slightly Stuffed Belinda

P.S. And because you've been so understanding about today's "lacking" post, I'm going to share a couple more pics from today's festivities.


Zac and Tommy


The ever-so-lovely Roxie Lee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter