Wednesday, April 28, 2021

From the Heart, Mrs. Faulkner's Birthday AND More Soccer

Good Wednesday morning!

In case you're counting, this is the THIRD short-and-sweet post in April. My goal was to "create" it in 45 minutes or less from start to finish, and so far, so good.

Let's get started!

FROM THE HEART - I wanted to share an act of kindness I read about this week that really made me think, think, think.

Here it is...

"My father, John, wanted to complete 90 acts of kindness in the year leading up to his 90th birthday. He wrote letters to friends, distributed chocolates and gave books to children. By his birthday, he had completed 116 kind acts. My dear father passed away in 2018. He liked to say, 'Spread a little kindness and reap a lot of love.'" I plan on doing just that in his honor."

I thought this would be a good idea for parents to suggest to their own children after they celebrate a birthday. For example, if the child is turning eight, after the party (but before they go to bed), sit down with them one-on-one and give them a "special" birthday card challenging them to perform eight acts of kindness sometime during the next week or so (family, friends, neighbors, etc.).

Depending on the child, you may need to help keep up with the acts of kindness, or maybe even give them ideas if they get stuck.

On a day that has totally been about the birthday child, what a sweet lesson to be able to teach them.

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." Ephesians 4:32

NOTE FROM ENCHANTING BELINDA - And it isn't lost on me that I'm going to have a milestone birthday in a few months.

Sixty sounds like a lot, but if John can do 90 (and I'm assuming he was probably a little more tired than I am on a daily basis), maybe, just maybe, I could crank out some acts of kindness, too!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Mrs. Faulkner's Birthday - Mrs. Faulkner turned 89 this year, and she celebrated one weekend with her daughter's side of the family and one weekend with our side of the family.

We kept it pretty simple.

Bubbles and balls on the outside, and cake on the inside.

ANOTHER NOTE FROM ENCHANTING BELINDA - I know you might be wondering about the half-glazed birthday pound cake.

Some people like their pound cakes without glaze, so I was just covering all my bases.

RANDOMNESS #2 - More Soccer - I also know we talked about this in the last post, but here are two more pics of a really cute soccer player.
I hope you and yours have a very good week...

Hot, but good!

I'll be talking to you very soon.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. We went to McWane Center for the first time in a year this past weekend. We can talk about that a little in the next post.
Also, Melia told me I could Photo Shop her out since her eyes were closed...

But guess who doesn't know how to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter