Friday, October 30, 2020

Quotable Quotes, The Babies, Pumpkin Happenings, Pumpkin Shopping at Reeves Farm AND Pumpkin Shopping at Witt's Market

Good Saturday morning!

Guess where Mike and I found FALL hiding last week?

MAINE!

I'm going to post a few little October things here today, but I'm working on a two- or three-part blog about our trip to one of the loveliest states I have ever had the privilege to meet.

Please stay tuned!

Quotable Quotes - "When you're ministering to someone in pain, you must remember this: The deeper the pain, the fewer words you use." Pastor Rick Warren

RANDOMNESS #1 - The Babies - Nothing "October" about these pics...

They are just plain cute.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Pumpkin Happenings - I am a huge advocate of the Dollar Tree Pumpkin Craft Kits.

Whether you like stickers...

Or painting...

Or hot gluing...

Or all three...

They usually have a fun, inexpensive option.

Semi-funny story about the red pumpkin...

I let RT and Judith pick out of four animal kits (sloth, llama, panda or shark) which one they wanted to decorate for Nana's Front Porch.

Without any fuss, Judith picked the gray panda and RT picked the pink llama.

I know.

I was surprised, too.

However, RT had a plan.

RT always has a plan.

His favorite color is red, so he never intended to use anything pink except the felt ears.

I also believe if he had chosen the panda, sloth or shark, they would have ended up being red, too...

And that would have been just fine with Nana.

If you're wondering how Nana's Front Porch Pumpkins looked on Nana's "grown-up" front porch...

Wonder no more!

NOTE FROM ENCHANTING BELINDA - Always remember to check out Target's Dollar Bin for their seasonal ceramics. (I bought 18 paint cups for all the ceramic stuff we paint during the different holidays because they only come with three colors, and sometimes we want to use 12 colors.)

Everyone knows that!

RANDOMNESS #3 - Pumpkin Shopping at Reeves Farm - Take a right off of the Hartselle Exit on I-65 (Exit 328)...

And notice a little bit past Cracker Barrel...

On your left...

A VERY OLD white farmstand for Reeves Farm.

Last year, the original farmstand was up and running, but this year (the INFAMOUS 2020) the family opened their lovely, new farmstand on the hill directly behind the old.

It is a wonderful new-to-me place to purchase pumpkins, food items and a little bit more if you're traveling in that general direction.

RANDOMNESS #4 - Pumpkin Shopping at Witt's Market - And one of my favorite pumpkin-buying places in The Dale will always, always be Witt's.

And if you haven't tried it yet, their peanut brittle is fantastic.

I hope you and yours have a very beautiful Fall weekend. The plan at this moment is to see both sets of the Grandtots in their Halloween attire sometime tomorrow. I cannot wait!

Take care, and I'll talk to you soon!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

"I'm naturally irritated when I first wake up. You have to give me a few days to adjust!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter