Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Slow Cooker Cheeseburgers, Nana B Stuff (Family Picture Board) AND THE 4TH OF JULY

Good Thursday morn!

Below you will find way too many pics from the 4th of July.

It has actually become one of my favorite holidays in my 40s and 50s, so indulge me, please.

Crockpot Cheeseburgers

You will need the following ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
3 cloves garlic (pressed and divided)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces Velveeta Cheese (cubed)
2 tablespoons milk
1 onion finely chopped
Hamburger buns (or Sara Lee Dinner Rolls for sliders)
Garnish with mustard, ketchup, mayo, pickles, etc.

1. Brown beef in a skillet with one clove of garlic and seasonings.

2. Drain and mix with remaining ingredients in slow cooker.

3. Cover and cook on low for three to four hours.

NOTE FROM ENCHANTING BELINDA - I know I've shared this recipe before, but it has come in handy recently when I've made something for adults (barbecue or seafood), but the kids needed something a little more their speed.

Nana B Stuff

Family Picture Board

I started doing this after I became a Nana. I bought a little burlap-covered bulletin board from Hobby Lobby, and I cropped a bunch of pictures I liked of our family at an event. (Let's say it was Easter.) It was nothing fancy. No ovals, circles, backgrounds, etc.

Just a bunch of Easter pics of the entire family (some posed and some not posed) stuck on the burlap board with some pretty thumbtacks.

I added some Hobby Lobby flowers...

And a little chalkboard.

When Christmas came around, I still had the Easter pics on the Picture Board.

This started to bother me, so as soon as we entered the winter months, I replaced the Easter pics with Christmas family pics.

As soon as Judith and RT started noticing their pictures on the Family Picture Board, I began trying to do it seasonally.

Now I am averaging three or four boards a year, and that seems to be working well for all involved.


Especially me!

RANDOMNESS - THE 4TH OF JULY - Just so you know, we all started the day with dry clothes and coiffed hair...

But it didn't end that way!


We had a total of 16 this year. Austin and his family were unable to attend because there was a chance he had been exposed to COVID a couple of days prior, and he had to quarantine.

Great sadness...

But thankfully, Melia posted a pic of her and the kids dressed for the 4th...


Which wasn't the same, but it was so good to see them in their festive garb.

They were definitely and wholeheartedly missed.


We started saying the Pledge of Allegiance at the beginning of the meal this year. We have to work on the flag NOT touching the floor, but I thought Judith, Sawyer and Carly did an outstanding job.


We ate quickly because the kids (and a lot of the adults) were wanting to play outside on this thing.


Zac.


Sawyer.


Judith.


This one took a little time to figure out.

I assumed it was Josh's leg...

Because it was definitely Eden's hair...

But then there was Brad's cap.

At the end of the slide, we discovered Eden willingly went with Brad down the slide...


But regretted it soon after.




Beebo and Carly.


Zac's girlfriend, Maggie, and Carly.

Again, she went down willingly...

But in the end, did not care for it!






As you can see, Sawyer had no problem at all coming down alone OR with his Dad (Brad).


Josh won for "Most Displaced Water."


And Judith nabbed the "Cutest Mermaid Bathing Suit" prize.


Eden...


And Carly may not have enjoyed the slide portion of the inflatable, but they loved the "chillin' in the pool" part.


Mike worked hard helping prep for the party...

And I'm almost 100 percent sure that juice sippy cup belongs to one of the kids.


This one rocks ruffles on a bathing suit...

And one piggy up and one piggy down.


Totally content.


We have started calling them The Twins.

Zac and Brad.


Maggie and Zac.


I'm pretty sure Eden thinks the 4th is the best holiday ever. She was just sitting in her Daddy's lap minding her own business when one adult handed her a giant twirly thingy and another one came by with a bunch of Airheads.


And to make it even more wonderful...

Some outdoor flag waving took place.






Brad and Stephanie.


Toppy and Beebo.


At the very end of the party, right before Josh and his family left, I became unable to focus on the good-byes because I was a hot, sticky mess...

And the pool at the end of the water slide looked so cool and inviting...

So I just sat on the edge and slipped backwards into the water...

While still wearing my 4th of July garb.


I then went on to bounce in the house and slide down the waterslide a couple of times.

Those pictures have since been destroyed...

But this one of Judith cheering me down the slide was a keeper.


It was a good day, and clean-up was made much easier with everyone taking their leftovers home.

You can tell she can't wait until next year!

I hope you and yours have a good "rest of the week." I'll be back soon with more July stuff.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

Nobody is more exhausted than a mother of a little boy who never stops moving... except the mother of a little girl who never stops talking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter