Sunday, May 10, 2020

Slow Cooker Buttermilk Mushroom Pork Chops, Nana B Stuff (Disney Night Shirt, Making Sidewalk Chalk Paint AND Insect Day) Quarantine Thoughts AND Grandtot Catch Up

Good Sunday afternoon!

I have a new-to-me recipe and some this-and-that below.

Let's get started!

Slow Cooker Buttermilk Mushroom Pork Chops

You will need the following:

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper
6 boneless pork chops (6 to 8 ounces each)
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound medium mushrooms, quartered
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon basil
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
1 cup buttermilk
Hot cooked egg noodles
Additional basil

1. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and toss to coat; shake off excess.

2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown pork chops in batches. Transfer meat and drippings to a 4-quart slow cooker.

3. In same skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add chicken broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Pour mushroom mixture over pork chops; sprinkle with basil.

4.Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 3-4 hours. Whisk together soup, buttermilk and remaining salt; pour over pork chops. Cook, covered, 30 minutes longer. Stir before serving. Serve with noodles; sprinkle with additional basil.

NOTE FROM ENCHANTING BELINDA - I don't think I will ever cook pork chops any other way. This was SO good!

Nana B Stuff

1. Disney Night Shirt


When the Grandtots spend the night, I like to wear the above nightshirt with matching leggings to bed. Since the older two like it, I decided to add a few more Disney nightshirts to my collection, and I thought to myself, this could be something Nana does at the lake, on overnighters, camping...

You get the idea.

So I went on the Worldwide Web and ordered a Lilo and Stitch nightshirt in Size XL, and I couldn't wait until the next time they came to spend the night.

In fact, I told Pop to help them into their pajamas, and I ran into my room to put on my new Disney nightshirt and leggings.

Well, that's not exactly accurate.

Actually, I skipped. There. I said it. Sometimes I still skip.

But I digress.

Imagine my disappointment when I huffed and puffed and pulled and twisted myself into that XL Lilo and Stitch nightshirt and discovered the XL was NOT a Nana XL.

Then if you will, imagine the Grandtots' disappointment!

NOTE FROM ENCHANTING BELINDA - Don't bother imagining the Grandtots' disappointment.

It appears they aren't that concerned with Nana's sleeping attire.

However, I'll keep looking and adding to the collection, and I'll let you know if I come across any really good deals.

2. Making Sidewalk Chalk Paint

Okay. This was on my Facebook page, and I decided to try it.


You mix 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 4 tablespoons water in each section of a cupcake tin.

Then you add 6 to 8 drops of food coloring (a different color in each section) and stir until mixed.

Using paintbrushes or foam brushes, paint on the sidewalk.

The initial wet color is faded and watery, but as soon as the chalk paint dries, it is very vibrant.


This activity was lots of fun, and for little ones who like to paint more than use sidewalk chalk, it gives them something fun to do when the older kids are creating masterpieces.

I highly recommend it!

3. Insect Day

Last week, we watched Bug's Life with RT, and after the movie, he and I moved into the kitchen, mashed Play-Doh balls into a semi-circular shape and pressed plastic insects into the Play-Doh.

After putting all of the Play-Doh insects on a large piece of aluminum foil, I slid them into the oven and baked them at 200 degrees for 20 minute intervals until they hardened.

NOTE FROM ENCHANTING BELINDA - Just so you know, this can take forever, but when it does harden, it makes a cool fake fossil.






After the inside activity, go outside and enjoy a Bug Hunt. If you don't have an official Bug Keeper and Bug Catching Paraphernalia, a sandwich bag and plastic tongs will do the trick, too.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Quarantine Thoughts - I am not sure there will ever be another time in the history of our country (or our family) when The Chick will be living at home for weeks at a time with such limited out-of-the-house entertainment options.

That means we have spent a HUGE amount of time together.

HUGE.

I will always remember this part of the Quarantine with a smile upon my face!



RANDOMNESS #2 - Grandtot Catch Up


This one is five, but she still loves making forts...

Or bear caves as she likes to call them!


This one has learned to ride a big boy PJ Masks bike.

And he does so with much speed...

Great abandon...

And without using brakes.

Pretty much like any and all little boys in the world.


This one is standing...

Walking...

And ABSOLUTELY OWNING the two (NOT ONE) pigtails on top of her cute head.


This one hasn't let the Pandemic of 2020 stop her from wearing and rockin' all the little frocks she has in her closet.

She is ever-changing, ever-growing and forever-sweet.

I hope you and yours have had a wonderful first week of May, and a very happy and blessed Mother's Day.

One of my items in the next post of A Simple Life will be making (and sharing) the perfect recipe for Whipped Coffee. (I am so close!)

Wish me luck!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

"My parents always told me I wouldn't accomplish anything staying in bed all day. But look at me now. I'm saving the world!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter