Saturday, August 18, 2018

Blog Linkage, Pinterest Stuff (The Importance of Family Game Night AND Things To Do With Kids Before They Grow Up), Let's Play in Hoover AND My Favorite Things RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE

Good Saturday afternoon!

Lots of stuff to cover today, so let's get to it!

Blog Linkage - Go to www.momwifebusylife.com and browse. This is a blog I found on Pinterest, and it looks like something I would enjoy visiting on a regular basis. Many, many good ideas.

Pinterest Stuff

The Importance of Family Game Nights

NOTE - The following is a post found on the above-referenced site. Good stuff!

My husband and I made a commitment to spend more quality time with our children this year. My girls are at the age where they both enjoy playing games, and they ask us regularly to play with them. I believe a family that plays together stays together! I also believe game nights are important because they teach good communication skills, problem solving, strategy, teamwork and great sportsmanship!

I do a lot of research on games before choosing the ones I feel are right for our family. I need these games to be entertaining for everyone, including my husband and me! When choosing games, I make sure I read the reviews to get an idea of how the game is played, and if it’s something we will all enjoy. It needs to be a game so fun it will “survive” my next decluttering session.

1. Quality - The quality of a game is also important to me. I like games that are well made. I need games to last and not fall apart the first time we play. This includes the box the game comes in, as well as the pieces or cards inside the box. Games are an investment, and I want them to last a few years! It’s not fun to have broken or torn pieces to a game. I make sure the games are something that can easily be stored and are designed to last.

2. Educational - I look for games that are educational. Many of the games we have are educational and some are just fun. I like to find games that help my girls add or subtract, read, count, etc. I also like games that challenge their thinking and help their memory. Learning while playing is very important to us! If they can have fun learning, I’m a happy mom!

3. Affordable - Finally, I look for games that are affordable. I always try to make sure I find good deals on games before buying. I like to browse through the games at Amazon to add to our game closet!

What are some of your favorite family games?

Things To Do With Kids Before They Grow Up

Teach them how to pray. Most especially how to pray for others.

Camp out. Backyard or just in your living room. Get the sleeping bags, flashlights or tent out.

Let them have cereal for dinner and ice cream for breakfast. Relax. One time will not "mess them up."

Puddle jumping. Explore the inner kid in you, too.

Let them play in the dirt... a lot.

Make a time capsule for them. Stuff a jar or a box with their favorite items.

Write love/encouragement/story notes to them during their growing-up years.

Let them make your breakfast.

Teach them how to write thank you notes and letters. Snail mail is still the best.

Build an obstacle course (backyard or living room).

Make a recipe box or recipe binder for reference when they grow up.

Donate old toys together.

Visit a senior center.

Visit as many museums as you can. Kids are sponges, they learn a lot.

Show them your pictures when you were young.

Tell them stories about when they were babies.

Make a scrapbook together.

Give them a journal. Even when they are too young to write their thoughts, you will be amazed at how they can express their feelings through drawings.

Explore nature together.

Have several kids? Schedule one-on-one dates. NOTE FROM ENCHANTING BELINDA - SO IMPORTANT!

Discover a new cuisine with them.

Make Friday a family date night. Play games, make a sundae bar, have a movie night or order Chinese takeout.

Read lots of books to them and with them.


My Favorite Things RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE - It's been awhile, but if you asked me TODAY what I was lovin', it would have to be...

1. The Powerhouse Bowl from the City Bowls Food Truck - I am a complete novice when it comes to the "bowl movement," even though I made a Mexican Quinoa Bowl recipe a few months back and it was pretty good. I served it like a taco salad on a plate with tortilla chips instead of in a bowl, so you can tell I didn't understand the importance of stacking ingredients...

IN A BOWL.

I will be honest. The menu for a first timer is a little perplexing.

However, I am an asker of questions, so after some inquiries of fellow bowl purchasers, I decided to start at the beginning.

I ordered the Powerhouse Bowl which is kind of like an amateur bowl, I think.

I may never STOP being an amateur.

It was so good.

The following is what you will find in the Powerhouse Bowl...

Base - Acai, Almond Milk, Bananas, Peanut Butter, Strawberries, Vanilla Whey Protein

I don't know what all of these things are (acai, vanilla whey protein), but I did find out when mixed together they make a beautiful purply-colored smoothie textured "base."

And when you add...

Toppings - Bananas, Blueberries, Granola, Peanut Butter, Nutella, Strawberries

Wow.

Just WOW.

It is cold and refreshing and sweet and fruity all at the same time.

Dare I say it...

It is the perfect "July/August in Alabama" food.

And "they" say it is healthy for you.

Enchanting Belinda and THE POWERHOUSE BOWL for the WIN!

You can check on the City Bowls Food Truck Facebook page for a weekly schedule of where and when they will be at a location.

I check every Monday in the afternoon...

And I adjust my weekly schedule to fit their much more important weekly schedule!

2. My new Waterpik Water Flosser - Don't get me wrong. I am not opposed to manual flossing...

But when someone "in the know" highly recommended this particular device, I decided to try it out.

I'm not gonna lie. It took a little practice to remember to keep it inside my mouth...

With lips closed...

Not talking...

Or singing...

Or laughing.

The first few days I used it, I sprayed down my closet (open and closed), all of my bathroom walls, vanity mirror and the inside of my bathroom drawer.

If I had not finally mastered it within the five-day period I try to give "all things new-to-me," I might have put it in a drawer and declared it a "young-person gadget."

Thank goodness I persevered!

At 56 (almost 57), I can now say I LOVE FLOSSING!

A lot!

RANDOMNESS - Let's Play in Hoover - Josh and Austin were off this past Thursday morn, so I asked them if they wanted to go to Let's Play in Hoover... with the Grand-tots. They agreed, and we had a pretty good time.

Let's Play in Hoover is a little different from the one on Highway 280. Melia had heard it was more "little tot friendly," and I have to say, I totally agree with her. It was definitely "little tot friendly" in the sense there were several more areas in this particular Let's Play for the three and under crowd.

That being said, I do love them both!


This was most everyone's favorite area.


Fans in all four corners of the ceiling blowing down on giant balloons not only make this a very cool place for kids to play, but a very cool place for parents and grandparents to sit comfortably on the soft floor while the kids jump around.




I could easily have stayed in this one place for the duration of our time at Let's Play, but every now and again, the kiddos wanted to try something different.


Slides, trampolines and a large blob of something squishy made this section the SECOND favorite in the entire place.

Austin got comfortable, but if you look in the upper right corner of the pic, Little Man was struggling just a bit.


Sometimes it was fun to just sit and watch...


Because you never knew what might come flying down the slide.




What could possibly be so exciting to watch high in the sky?


The answer!






I apologize for the blurriness of some of the pics, but when you go to Let's Play, there is constant motion.


BLURRY!


SEE...

WHAT...


I...


MEAN?

Have a great Saturday and Sunday. I will be back soon with more!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter