Saturday, April 21, 2018

An Evening with Aubie (and The Chick), Grand-Totting at the Cracker Barrel, Blog Linkage, Quotable Quotes, Restaurant Review (Big Bad Breakfast) AND Pinterest Stuff (8 Steps for Overcoming Bitterness)

Good Saturday afternoon!

I'm doing the "backward" thing again this week. Just trying to keep you on your toes...

Pics at the bottom!

Blog Linkage - Go to Confessions of a Pioneer Woman under My Blog List and read her post entitled "The Boarding House is Open."

Yes!

This is on my bucket list, and I will also go so far as to say I want to stay in The Green Room.

Oh... my!

Most definitely The Green Room.

Quotable Quotes

"A husband can love his wife best when he loves God first." Anonymous

I think the same is true of a wife!

Restaurant Review

Big Bad Breakfast

Mike and I went to Homewood to try brunch at this new-to-us restaurant this past Saturday.

There was about a 30-minute wait, but we were okay with that. I went across the street and bought a few cake bites from Pastry Arts for later, and Mike and I spent the rest of our waiting time people watching.

There were many young families there, as well as couples similar to me and Mikie. In other words, lots of really good-looking people to watch.

When they called us, we were seated in the upstairs dining area. It has that urban/warehouse feel. High ceilings, lots of wood, lots of light, not crowded...

And babies, babies everywhere. I thoroughly enjoyed my table.

Everything on the menu is very fresh and local, so I had the fresh-squeezed orange juice (delicious) and Mikie had the fresh-brewed coffee (equally delicious). Between the two of us, Mike and I ordered pretty ordinary breakfast fare (scrambled eggs, bacon, wheat toast, sausage and pancakes)...

And then we waited.

If there was a negative to this restaurant, this was the only one we found. We had a longer than usual wait for our food.

However, once the food arrived, everything from the scrambled eggs (really, really great eggs) to the spicy/sweet bacon (just right) to the homemade peach and blackberry jams on the table (oh... my... goodness) made us happy about our brunch choice.

We will definitely go again, because sometimes things happen on the way to the kitchen (or in the kitchen) and there is an unusually long pause between ordering and eating. We get that. We're both very hip and with it that way.

The coffee and ALL of the food were worth it though...

And something tells me we won't have to wait that long next time.

I'll let you know when we try it again in a week or two!

Pinterest Stuff

8 Steps for Overcoming Bitterness

1. Trust God to use bad for good. (Romans 8:28)

2. Put your hope in God alone. (Psalm 62)

3. Focus on the good in your life. (Philippians 4:8)

4. Pray for your offender. (Romans 12:14)

5. Don't let Satan condemn you. (1 Peter 5:8-9)

6. Listen to God's conviction. (1 John 1:9)

7. Depend on God's power. (Philippians 4:13)

8. Do it for Christ. (1 Corinthians 6:20)

Bitterness is one of those things I really have to work on overcoming. It doesn't come naturally for me.

That being said, the above is a good list to keep in the front of the Bible for whenever bitterness rears it's ugly head!

Am I right?

RANDOMNESS #1 - An Evening with Aubie (and The Chick) - This past Sunday night, Mike and I headed to Auburn to surprise The Chick.

It seems she tried out for (and was accepted into) an Honor Society. She told us about it over the phone, and we told her congratulations and asked her a few questions (but not too many).

Why?

Because we had received a letter a week or so prior to her being notified. The letter invited us to a dinner at The Hotel at Auburn University AFTER the induction, and when all of the students walked into the Ballroom they would be surprised because the parents would be there.

So much fun!

We arrived almost an hour before the dinner, and walked around a little before we were seated at our table in the front of the room. We were super delighted when some friends of ours from Shades Mountain Singles (30+ years ago) were also seated at our table. Kellett and David's daughter, Julianna, was also inducted into the organization.

When it came time for the students to arrive, we were told to be a little quieter, and within five minutes the doors at the back of the Ballroom opened. Forty-nine students came pouring into the Ballroom, squealing and hugging their parents and having their pictures taken.

But no Roxie.

Fun fact for you... We knew Roxie attended the induction, but we weren't quite as sure she would attend the dinner. There have been situations in which Roxie hasn't necessarily felt the need to attend ALL of the festivities planned. It could be because of homework OR shoes that hurt OR exhaustion from a busy weekend. Whatever the reason, we were anxious she might not show...

And for a few moments, it looked like we were correct. Forty-nine students entered, and then Mike and I were looking at an empty doorway.

I whispered to Mike, "I am not believing this," but in actuality, I did. I did believe.

We looked at each other, and that is when we heard it.

The sound of The Chick laughing and saying, "It was so good to see you, too," coming from the lobby just beyond the back doors of the Ballroom.

YES!

The 50th student walked through those doors, looked around and started beaming when she saw her Dad at the front of the room.



I relaxed because I was going to get to enjoy a very nice dinner with my daughter sitting beside me on a Sunday evening...

And that's good stuff.




Mikie was beaming a little bit, too.


Roxie and Julianna.


Me, Roxie and Mikie.


I wanted to mention we had entertainment while we waited for the kids to arrive. Aubie came into the Ballroom, visited and had pics taken. This particular photo was taken AFTER his initial interaction with me and Mike. He noticed the empty chair beside me and settled in for a more lengthy stay.

What can I say?

Kids and tigers adore me!

RANDOMNESS #2 - Grand-Totting at the Cracker Barrel - Mike had to go out of town this week, so in order for him to get to spend a little time with both Judith and RT, we met Melia and RT (Austin had to work). I had picked Judith up earlier in the day, so it was two Grand-Tots and three adults. Those odds are pretty good.




Aunt Mia bought Judith a unicorn purse and RT a lift-the-flap book, and they were ready to enjoy their time at Cracker Barrel.


Such sweet little Tots.

I kinda love them.

I hope you and yours have a marvelous April weekend. I will try to do my best to do the same.

Talk to you soon!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

1 comment:

  1. Okay, dear Belinda, we have to meet at The Boarding house. I would like to reserve the Boudoir room. So fancy-schmacy. Please let me know when you plan to go and I will book myself there too !! Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter