Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Weekend Happenings and Future Business Endeavors

Good Wednesday afternoon!

This post is coming to you TWO DAYS EARLY!

And that is unheard of in my world.

Totally and completely.

I kinda have plans Thursday and Friday, and I will be too busy to post.

However, I am sure I will be back on schedule next week, and A Simple Life will appear on Friday morning...

Or afternoon...

Or just before midnight!

RANDOMNESS #1 - I have been wanting to do something useful with my time as a recent Empty Nester. Giving Mikie 115% of my attention isn't working out the way either of us thought.

He's pretty self-sufficient for a 54 year-old guy, and doesn't need as much nurturing as I am used to giving growing, living humans in my charge.

In other words...

I may or may not be getting on his nerves just a wee bit with my ever-so-constant, "Do you need anything? Coffee? Foot rub? Me to STOP asking if you need anything every five minutes or so?"

Of course, if you ask Mikie, his account of the last two months of Empty Nesting might be slightly different.

"When do I start getting 115% of the attention around here?"

It is just mentally exhausting, I tell you.

Heavy, heavy sigh.

Recently, I came up with a new plan...

And it is called NANA-FOR-HIRE!

The details for NANA-FOR-HIRE are as follows:

I will stay with your kiddos for one to three hours. (Not over three.)

I will come to your home. (No judgment about messy, lived-in homes. Been there, done that, know how it feels.)

My NANA-FOR-HIRE services are available Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.

I am available for Moms in the Fultondale, Morris, Mount Olive and Gardendale areas.

Reasons you may need a NANA-FOR-HIRE:

1. Your regular babysitter cancels at the last minute.

2. You have a doctor’s appointment for you OR one of your kiddos, and you would rather not take the whole crew to the doctor’s office.

3. You have a haircut/manicure/pedicure scheduled, and you need uninterrupted time.

4. You need to run quick errands alone.

5. You need an uninterrupted lunch date with husband or a friend.

The list goes on and on and on.

Rates:

1 - 3 Kiddos - $10 First Hour; $10 Second Hour; $5 Third Hour - Total $25 for Three Hours
4 - 6 Kiddos - $10 First Hour; $10 Second Hour; $10 Third Hour - Total $30 for Three Hours

Contact information:

You can private message me on Facebook.
You can e-mail me at mfaulkner1306@charter.net.

All about me:

My name is Belinda Faulkner.
I am a Christian.
I am a 54 year-old wife of one and mother of three grown children.
I am a recent Empty Nester striving to fill my time in a useful, productive, Christ-honoring way.
I have a very old Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Development.
I love working with children. Always have, always will.

So there you have it. A new business venture for me at the ripe ol' age of 54.

I shared this with a group of young Moms a week or so ago, and received a very favorable response, so I decided to share here, too.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I visited in Melia's classroom again this week, and loved it.

I read two pumpkin books...

And we sang pumpkin songs...

And then we decorated pumpkins with polka dot stickers...

And they let me take as many pics as I wanted for a pumpkin poster I am making for their room.

It was lovely, and I cannot wait until November!

RANDOMNESS #3 - Since I am posting so early this week, I'm going to use a few of my favorite pics from LAST October, and I will have all new pics next Friday.


Pancake Housin' it on a Saturday morning.


Pepper Place.


Josh's 21st Banana Pudding Birthday Dessert.


Courtney and Josh with his biggest card of the day.


Josh and Roxie.


Little Lauren at her Birthday Party.


Ragan, Roxie, Alyssa and Ally with their carved pumpkins.


We rehearsed for Melia and Austin's big day.

Melia, Austin, Roxie and Hunter.


The BIG DAY!





Roxie and Matthew.


Austin and Melia!


No particular reason for this pic. I just love a happy horse, don't you?

Weekend Happenings

As far as October weekends go, this one should be pretty good.

1. The Chick is coming home Saturday afternoon which is always a good thing.

2. We're having Josh's 22nd Birthday Celebration Sunday after church (which is also always a good thing). Birthday Banana Pudding is the dessert of choice, but I'm thinking of doing the dessert bar "thang" again because that has a little something for everyone.

Have a great weekend. I'll be back next Friday with birthday pics from Josh's party, pics of The Chick because she will be home and a few surprises!

Take care.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter